Helpful Kana

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

The bald man called Yami carry the boxes from the ship to the docks. As Yami was carrying the crates he saw the Terumi siblings exit the ship and walk toward the people who were heavily protected.

Yami only recognized one person among them and that was Mei Terumi. The only thing Yami knew about her from the canon was that she becomes the next Mizukage and she can use boil release. In front of her Kana's beauty seem to be a little faded. Yami expected to see AO with Mei but he wasn't there which came as a relief to Yami.

Yami didn't keep looking at them for long as it would attract the attention of the guards. He used his enhanced senses to hear what they were saying. "Wu of the Terumi clan greets the Patriarch and Young miss." Wu bowed a little to a tall man who had an auburn-colored mustache and hair standing beside Mei.

'So this man is Mei's father?' Yami thought.

In the canon, he didn't remember seeing anyone from Mei's family so this was new to him. "Wu you have done well. I can see that you have taught the kids well. I can sense that they are not lacking in talent or skill." Mei's father said.

Mei then walked towards her siblings and said "Have you all been well?" "Big Sis Mei why didn't you come to visit us?" Nana asked trying to appear angry which Mei found cute.

She pulled her cheek and said "I would have and I wanted to but the things here have been so unstable. It has been so many years since I met you and Kana."

"Sister Mei the one whose most excited to meet you is Santo, not me" Kana said as she glanced at her elder brother.

Santo quickly explained what she meant as he said "Elder sis Mei I heard that your strength has reached Kage level and you have improved the clan's bloodline limit as well so I wanted to fight you."

Mei laughed at Santo's statement and said "Santo there are many things outside training and fighting. You need to learn how to live a little. Gosh, you haven't changed at all"

Mei then looked at the people bringing in all the crates and said "How much stuff did you guys even bring from the Land of forests?" She thought that Santo and the others brought supplies for the hidden mist in this time of difficulty.

Kana leaned forward toward Mei and said "Elder Sister Mei the thing is we were attacked by bandits and Stone shinobis on our way here." Mei's eyes widened as she heard that but Kana quickly calmed her down and said "Don't worry. We didn't suffer any losses. Even we don't know how we won. I will tell you everything later. Most of the stuff you see is what we got from their ship. Uncle Wu thought that these things could be useful for us if our fight stretches out for too long."

Mei nodded and said "Tell me everything in detail tonight. We did notice movements of Stone shinobis but didn't think they would arrange an ambush for you guys." Kana nodded and then looked in the direction of the crates where her eyes fell on Yami. She walked toward him and tapped his shoulder as he was sitting on a stone with his back turned toward the group. Yami was drinking water and eavesdropping on their conversation. He did sense her coming toward her so he didn't make any sudden movements. Yami looked behind and asked "Is there anything you need Miss Kana?"

"NoI was wondering how you are going to find your uncle. Do you know where he lives?" Kana asked. She was worried about sending a 12-13 year old civilian (it's 12-13 because they think he is that age due to his height and mature behavior) to search for a relative in a land that is plagued with conflict.

"No, I have never visited the hidden mist. He is the one who used to come to us. The only thing I know is his name." Yami said.

Curious about what Kana was talking about with a kid, Mei and Santo also followed her. After hearing Yami's answer Santo looked at Mei and asked "Sister Mei could you help out finding this kid's uncle?"

Mei nodded and looked behind toward where her father, Wu, and the family guards were. She signaled one of the guards to come to her. The guard hurriedly ran over to her "Yes young miss?"

"The kid will tell you his uncle's name and I want you to find where he lives." Mei said. She then looked at Yami and said "Kid if your uncle lives in a dangerous area where conflicts are going on then I suggest you stay with the family and work there for a while"

Mei didn't want any more casualties, especially of civilian children during the current conflict. Yami had no other choice but to nod at her. According to him, living in the Terumi estate would be a good thing as he is able to know about Mei's every move.

"My uncle's name is Kenji Harahe is 38 years old as far as I remember. I don't know what he does and I was too small when I met him last time so I don't remember his face too well." Yami said.

As soon as the guard heard that name he said "I know this man very well. In fact, many of the clan guards know him."

"You do? I don't recall knowing anyone by that name. Is he a merchant?" Mei asked as she looked at her guard.

"No Young miss, Kenji is a fruit vendor and he delivers fruits to our houses at a very good price." The guard said.

'Looks like the captain gets his information by getting close to the clan guards and their families. He is better than I thought he would be.' Yami thought. He knew how hard it is to get information but the guards also spill shreds of information in talking and if the right person can connect all those shreds properly then it's a treasure trove of information.