Kurai the Traitor

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

The voice came from a bearded bulky man with a big sword on his back. The man wore a black sleeveless shirt and dark green pants. He also had various scars on his arms and one on his cheek. He had messy greyish hair and his eyes were looking at Wu. Everyone was confused as to how the pirate called Uncle Wu by his name and by the way he spoke, it was as if he knew Uncle Wu already. Wu looked at the burly man for a few seconds before his eyes widened and he said "KURAIis that you?"

"HAHAI didn't expect you to recognize me this fast."

"H-How is it possible? You should have died after you fell off that cliff." Wu said still unable to believe what he was seeing.

"Uncle Wu do you know this bandit?" Santo asked as he looked at Kurai with his sharp eyes.

"Yesme and Kurai used to be friends and studied in the same class but later he was found to be selling our village's information to the hidden stone so me and my men hunted him down. In the end, our fight brought us to the end of the cliff from where he fell. It's been more than a decade since that happened. I didn't think he was alive until now." Wu explained.

"BRAT how dare you call me a pirate?" Kurai shouted at Santo. He pulled out the broadsword from his back and said "Kill anyone that you see on that ship except those Terumi kids. Cripple them and do whatever you want with them but they need to be alive."

"Just like I thought. He plans to take you guys as a hostage and leverage it against the main clan." Uncle Wu said.

"What do we do now Uncle Wu?" Kana asked with a worried expression.

"I can take care of Kurai but they have many stone shinobis dressed as pirates among them. You and Santo need to take care of it. I will try to take the fight away from here. Don't wait for me and move the ship ahead if you are able to keep them at bay. Enko don't leave the ship and stay with Toru and Nana." Wu said and pulled out a sword of his own and walked forward. "I didn't finish you that day leaving you to your fate but you won't be that lucky today Kurai."

"Then show me how you plan to do that." Kurai roared and jumped toward Wu. Wu understood that Kurai wanted to damage the ship and sink it so he also jumped toward Kurai in hopes of stopping him in his tracks.

"Santo what do we do now?" Kana asked as she and Santo unsheathed their swords.

"Kana were are from the hidden mist so whatever can be used to our advantage and they are from the hidden stone so I don't think they will use any earth-style jutsus so our best bet is to create a thick mist and cut them down with our swords." Santo said.

Up in the air Wu and Kurai clashed against each other and Wu was clearly pushed back but he managed to stop Kurai from landing on the Terumi's ship.

"Santo don't make the mist too thick as Kurai was also from the hidden mist. He could also take advantage of it." Wu said and made some hand signs which made 2 jets of water rise from the sea and move toward Kurai. Wu expected Kurai to block the two jets as there were people on the ship who wouldn't be able to block it and it could also damage the ship.

But Kurai didn't care about the others and he easily avoided the 2 jets of water which caused the ones behind him to get hit and be thrown back into the water. A few people even died because of the jutsu. Most of the people who suffered from this attack were small-time bandits so Kurai didn't even look back at the damage that was caused.

One masked man who was standing on the ship to the left took out his Kunai and shouted "Attack them together. Get on their ship and start killing. Don't let the Terumi kids escape."

Enko unsheathed his sword and stood in front of Toru and Nana as he said "No matter what don't go ahead and just defend this place. Toru and Nana both of you go to either side of the ship and make sure no one climbs from the side or sticks paper bomb onto our ship.

Both the kids nodded and went to either side of the ship. Paper bomb would be the easiest way to drown the ship so their task was important.

The bald man took out an axe from a nearby crate and handed some other weapons like a shortsword and dagger to the other ones. He also placed a dagger in Yami's hand and said "KidI am sorry you had to go through this. I should have sent you inside the storage like the others. For now, hold onto the dagger, and don't let anyone pass through that door."

Yami nodded as he looked at the bald man but inside he was cursing him 'Fucking baldy you had all the grown civilians go in and hide while you kept a kid up on the deck. How brainless are you and now you have the audacity to tell me to protect them?'

The bald man looked at the helpers and said "Just like I said to the kid, don't let them go through this door. Our families are beyond this door." He said the last part in a soft voice. Yami who had just cursed him felt a little bad for doing it as he didn't know the people living here were going along with their families. Which answers why it was so guarded and why the supplies were this many.

In the battle between the ships, Santo and Kana were trying to kill the shinobis with the help of the mist but the stone shinobis were not easy to kill. The ones dying were only small-time bandits which were brought as cannon fodder.