Last Minute Changes

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

So, what is the new plan?" Haku asked. She was a bit scared as she had never done anything alone. Yami had her use transformation jutsu and turn himself into Yami.

"Now listen to me carefully. There are some people who are coming here. They are too many to fight and even though I can deal with them to some extent our aim is to infiltrate. Most probably their plan is to kidnap me but if it is to kill me then we don't have any other choice but to kill them and leave the village. Now if they are trying to kidnap me, You will get caught like me and become a prisoner while I kill one of theirs and go into their ranks."

"But what good will that do?" Haku asked in confusion.

"At first I doubted that the spies have a traitor among them but now I am sure about it. Then the 2nd thing is I want to know about the Mizukage faction's deal with the hidden stone and lastly, I have to put the bloodline clans in my debt so either helps them win the fight or make the fight hard for them enough that they ask the hidden leaf for help" Yami explained. He would normally not explain the entire plan to someone but he knew Haku was a scaredy cat so he had to tell him the entire plan which would reassure Haku that he isn't in much danger.

"I have never been held, prisoner. What if I get into a fight with other prisoners?" Haku asked biting his nails and looking at Yami with puppy eyes. This trick had worked on many people including Zabuza but Yami wasn't going to fall for it.

"Don't worry I will take care of you. Now stop making excuses and get started." Yami said as he flicked Haku's forehead.

Haku who had transformed into Yami now wore his real clothes which contained his scent and then lay on the bed in the bedroom. Moji and his people were under the impression that Yuta isn't a shinobi and Yami didn't want to change that.

Yami dressed in all black and hid inside a cupboard. He then used his enhanced senses to hear what was happening outside. He instantly heard the sound of fighting and a few screams but they were too light and were coming from afar.

'Did Zabuza get into a scuffle with anyone? I hope that bird brain doesn't end up ruining my plan.' Yami thought.

Within the next few seconds, many chakra signatures gathered around his locality. He heard a few shinobis talking about it as well.

"I thought the squad leader said that there is an enemy here whom we need to distract."

"Hehe...maybe he saw us coming and ran away with his tail between his legs...haha"

"Haha...after all, we aren't normal shinobis. We are Anbu and we don't fight like weeds."

"Hey...aren't you running your mouth too much asshole?"

"Shut up you weed. We had to come because you guys couldn't handle it and kept dying."

Just then Yami heard another shinobi landing.

"Someone killed 2 of our people near the gate of the village and escaped. We think he is the same guy who was protecting this house."

"Does that mean the protection this house had was gone? Should we go in?"

"Why should we? Our job was to keep the one protecting this house busy. Why would we lower ourselves by kidnapping a civilian kid? Let these wastes do this."

"How dare you asshole? I'll kill you right here. Maybe I will go and visit your wife and daughter. I am sure they will welcome me with their legs spread wide."

"You..."

"Stop it you two...Sho handle Ron properly. He is getting too cocky for a mere chunin and you two, now you are Anbu so stop with the childishness...Sho our job is to keep the protector away and by chasing him out of the village we did it. Now you both go in and get the kid. Make sure that he is alive.

"Let's go Ron...the Anbu captain is right."

"Hmph...why is there a need for 2 chunins to take care of 1 civilian kid. I will do it alone." Ron said and entered the house. Hearing all this from the outside gave Yami immense joy as they all won't be invading his home together and only one chunin was barging in.

As Ron entered the house, he looked around and saw that the hall was empty. Yami wasn't able to see him as the cupboard he was hiding in was in the bedroom. After looking around in the hall for a few seconds, Ron entered the bedroom. He directly looked at Haku transformed into Yami lying on the bed.

"There you are little one. Sleeping so carefree..Should I torture you a little? I'll tell Sho and the captain that you tried to resist." Ron said and walked ahead close to Haku. He was one step away from reaching Haku but he felt an odd sensation. He looked down and saw that his lower body hadn't taken the last step and there was a thin sheet of glass that separated his waist from his lower body.

Yami who was seeing all this from the narrowly opened cupboard door saw that before Ron took the last step, Haku flung a thin sheet of glass at him. Yami didn't stop the attack as it would make too much noise so in the end, Haku ended up killing Ron. When Ron realized this, he tried to call out for help but his vision started blurring and he saw a hand on his chest. He looked at the owner of the hand and saw the same kid who is sleeping on the bed, is standing in front of him.

The kid removed his hand revealing a thin blade that had pierced his heart. 'How can be two of them? Is he a shinobi?' was the last thought Ron had before his upper body fell on the ground.