Prisoner

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Mizukage Building

Underground tunnels.

In a long dimly lit tunnel, two people wearing mist shinobi headbands were walking. They weren't alone as they were dragging the body of a child with them as well. The child had worn civilian clothes and only had a few minor injuries on his body. There were a lot of screams coming from the other end of the tunnel but the two shinobis were unnerved by it.

One of the shinobis looked at the other and said "Ron, I don't know why these people made such a big fuss for a kid. We should have just killed him." he said in annoyance.

Ron who hadn't spoken a single word from the time they were transporting the kid, looked at the shinobi and said "It is not our place to ask, is it? For now, let's just follow orders. Don't worry Sho, leave this prisoner to me."

Sho who seemed tired and annoyed during the whole time instantly looked at Ron and asked "What? Are you sure? You are the laziest of us all."

Ron waved his hands and said "Yea yea, I know...but I said I will take care of feeding and keeping this prisoner in line then trust me I will."

Sho smiled brightly and said "Hehe...I will take the easy win. You can do it on your own. I hope we get this conflict over with already. I am just dying to taste those women from the bloodline clans. They are so much better than what I have now at home." Sho's expression became ugly as he remembered the wife he has at home.

As they were walking heavily enforced metallic doors with small grills started appearing on both sides of the tunnel. There were sounds of mumbling and screaming echoing through the hallway.

"I don't know why these people are even here. They should have already been killed. This only increases our work and gives me nightmares." Sho said to which Ron only glanced at him but didn't say anything.

After walking for a while, Sho pointed toward a door on his left and said "I think this is it." Ron nodded and brought the unconscious kid in front of the door. Sho pulled out a key from his pocket and opened the door with it. As the door opened, Sho picked up the kid by his shoulder and threw him inside the cell."

Sho looked at Ron and said "You have been quiet today. What's the matter?"

Ron looked at Sho and said "I am just tired of this conflict. Like you said I want this to be over with."

Ron then walked inside the cell and said "I'll make sure the kid is alive because that's what the captain commanded us to do. They want this kid to be alive until Moji-sama gives further orders."

"Heh...the kid is like a cockroach, he survived the fire then why won't he survive some minor injuries like this. Don't worry let's go." Sho said.

Ron nodded and crouched in front of the kid. He gave a few light slaps to wake the kid up and after 3-4 of them the kid opened his eyes. Ron looked at the cold blue eyes of the kid and said "Stay alive...I will come back."

Sho expected the kid to start throwing insults at Ron or attack him like the usual prisoners do but surprisingly the kid nodded.

Sho saw Ron get up and turn back to exit the cell. He then proceeded to lock the door and take a final glance at the kid through the grill on the door.

As the two of them left, the kid opened his eyes and looked at the door and he said "Upclose the Sharingan looks even scarier." the kid said. He then looked at the walls and touched them. The walls were damp and had water seeping inside through small cracks. The kid waved his hands and the water floated up in front of him and in no time formed a small handheld mirror.

The kid looked in the mirror and smiled "I really do look like Yami. This is the first time I have used transformation jutsu. I wonder what Zabuza is doing now."

__________________

Flashback (45 minutes ago)

Kozu Village, Hideki's House.

Yami had sensed multiple chakra signatures moving around the village as if scouting something. These chakra signatures weren't weak like the ones before which means these guys meant business.

And just as he was thinking was his next move should be he saw that there was fog building up outside his house and not just his house but the entire village.

Yami quickly went through various scenarios and formulated a plan which could give him an advantage. He then quickly let out a bat from his sleeves and the bat flew away.

Yami packed all his stuff and within a minute, a mirror formed in the room Yami was. "You have any instructions for us?" Haku asked.

Yami nodded and said "Have Zabuza leave the village now and you come here quickly."

Haku was instantly shocked by this. She hadn't been separated from Zabuza until now and having Zabuza go away and her get in the center of something was too much pressure on Haku.

"But..." Haku hesitated but Yami didn't have time for that.

"No buts...just come here fast. I don't have time to explain much." Yami said and smashed the mirror marking his words as final. He then got back to packing his stuff. The mist was getting thicker and now it was obstructing people's vision which made them notice as well. They knew that the mist was a common occurrence here but when it gets this thick then it means it is a shinobi's doing.

After getting his stuff packed Yami saw Haku sneak in through the backdoor. She removed her hoodie and said "why the sudden change in plans? I thought you had planned everything."

Yami flicked his forehead and said "Haku...things going according to a plan is a myth. Make a plan, expect it to go wrong, and prepare a backup plan. There are small variables that affect the stability of the plan. So now according to the new plan, I need you to use transformation jutsu and become me.