UGD: Onoki The Tsuchikage

Yami then picked up the bowl and the plate and walked to the big room where Kurotsuchi was sitting. As he entered the room, he heard the voice of an old man come from the other side of the bedroom door.

"What are you talking about? Let me come out and see what she is saying. This girl won't let me live in peace." Yami stopped for a second to look at the door but when he saw that the door handle had started to rotate, he walked toward the table in front of him and laid the food there. He then stood behind Kurotsuchi.

5 seconds later, two men walked out of the bedroom. One was the old man who was serving the breakfast and the other one was a short but rugged fierce old man. The Tsuchikage Onoki.

"You bratyou forced me to come home and sleep and now you are disturbing me here as well. And what do I hear about me calling you?" Onoki said in an annoyed tone as he sat on a nearby chair facing the food.

Kurotsuchi was also confused as she heard this and said "Huh? Grandpa, I received news that you had called for me urgently, or else why would I come here? Are you sure you didn't call me or are you forgetting because you are getting old?"

The old man who was standing beside Onoki giggled as he heard this which caused Onoki to give his brother a side eye. "You have been here since I came here from the main building. Didn't I go straight to freshen up and sleep?" the old man nodded but the smile on his face still didn't go and he just looked the other way.

Seeing that her Grandpa really didn't give the order for her to come here, Kurotsuchi turned her head around to face Yami and asked "Shinit was you who took the message right? Who gave you the message?"

Yami shrugged and said "I don't know who it was Lady Kurotsuchi. A man just appeared a few meters away from me and said that Tscuhikage Sama had called for the lady. I asked him where should I bring the lady then he said that Lady Kurotsuchi knew about it. The man was in the middle of the Hidden Stone and wearing our Shinobi uniform so I had no reason to doubt him."

Kurotsuchi looked back at her Grandpa and said "You both have gotten old, haven't you?"

Onoki was about to say something but the old man stopped him and said "Stop fighting all the time you twonow that you both are at the table, just eat what's in front of you." The old man then picked up a spoon and drank a spoonful of the soup from Onoki's plate.

Yami was confused at first as to what the old man was doing but then he saw the old man's chakra started to fluctuate.

"I have told you plenty of times you don't need to do anything like this." Onoki said as he picked up his spoon.

Yami sensed the ripple of chakra happen again and again for the next two minutes until things calmed down and the old man opened his eyes. Kurotsuchi and Onoki were not surprised at all when they saw this happen but for Yami, this was not something he had seen before.

Seeing Yami looking at him intently the old man asked "What is your name, young man?"

"Shin Sir Shin" Yami replied trying to make himself look flustered and nervous.

"What I did right now was a technique used by the guards of the Daimyo. It is to check if the consumed food has some kind of poison or chakra-dispersing powder mixed in it or not. If I feel that I can't produce the same amount and magnitude of chakra ripples before eating the food then it means that the food is poisoned." Yami was surprised to see this. He was thankful that he didn't use anything lethal like that. The chemical that he carried was created by Tsunade and it was sometimes even used on patients during surgery. So the old man couldn't recognize it and it would have taken a few more spoons of that soup and around 3-4 minutes for the old man's technique to bear any fruit.

Yami looked at the food in front of Kurotsuchi and then at her. "Maam should I?" he asked to make the people in the room believe that he was just a lowly guard shinobi. The old man laughed as he heard this and said "You don't need to do anything like this. I do it because I know the technique to detoxify if I catch it in time. If someone like you does it then you might end up dying."

Onoki also chuckled and nodded as he heard this. He then looked at the old man and said "We should have a few more people learn this technique as well."

Kurotsuchi jumped into the conversation as she heard her Grandpa's words "But I heard that the Daimyo has only given one person permission from the Hidden Stone to learn this technique."

Onoki looked at his granddaughter with a smug look and said "When have I asked the Daimyo for any permission? He just gives us permission so that the people of this land think that he still holds power. No matter how much he trades and earns wealth. It is no use in front of the powers of a shinobi."

Yami smiled on the inside when he saw the arrogance of the old man face to face. It was just like he remembered Onoki from the anime. Always taking decisions unilaterally. The only purpose of the entire council was to cushion the blowback that occurred due to his decision. The only reason no one had ever revolted against him was because he always put his village and its people above anything else and he was a lot supportive of the creation of golems.

"Don't look at me like that and start eating." Onoki said as he filled his mouth with food. Kurotsuchi who was tired of her Grandpa's way of ruling sighed and started to eat the food in front of her as well.

She knew it was useless trying to make her Grandpa understand. He has always done things this way and they have gotten good results. The hidden stone didn't lack anything except good weather and surroundings. The land may not be blessed with fertile land for farming but they had enough resources to get all the food they needed. It was the same with weapons and cheap labor. The Hidden Stone's way of being the aggressor to fulfill its own need had worked like magic so even the villagers didn't complain much except for the increased presence of Shinobis in the area.

As they were eating, they continued to bicker with each other. Yami's attention was on the old man because he wasn't eating anything.

'Looks like I will have to handle this old coot myself. The chemical will show its effect in a minute or two.' Yami thought as he positioned himself at Kurotsuchi's side which brought him side by side to the old man. He used the excuse of filling up two glasses of water for Onoki and Kurotsuchi to place himself.

Just as the two were talking, Onoki noticed that he had to exert more strength in closing his mouth. He tried to lift his neck and look at the old man but his whole body felt stiff.

"W-What is happening?" Onoki said as his hand also became stiff which dropped the spoon in his hand on the floor.

Kurotsuchi who saw this happen at eye level was about to get up and help her Grandfather but even she couldn't move.

The old man noticed this and bent a little to hold Onoki's shoulder and asked him "What's the matter Onoki?"

The only thing Onoki and Kurotsuchi could see was the old man bowing in front of him asking them what happened. They were about to complain about being paralyzed but the next second they heard a totally different voice "You should take a nap old man."

This was Yami's voice as he hit the old man on his neck with bare hands, making the old man fall unconscious on the table.

Onoki and Kurotsuchi were shocked to see this happen. They still didn't understand what was happening But then they saw the fourth person in the room, lift the old man's fallen face from the table and place him on the chair.

"U-Uncle what's wrong with you?" Kurotsuchi asked as she looked at her uncle seated unconscious beside her. She then remembered that even she had a guard so she quickly called out.

"ShinShincall someone. I think something wrong with me and Grandpa..alert the guards quickly." Kurotsuchi said as her eyes kept searching for her guard.