Leaf's Envoy

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Mei nodded at the two guards' greeting and said "Go and call over Kana and Santo. Tell them the guests we have been waiting for have arrived."

One of the guards left to call the siblings while the other one asked "Lady Mei are you sure that these are the guests?"

Mei nodded and said "Yes...the number of extra people in the register matches the number of people we were informed of. And I am sure when they see us ready to welcome them here, they will drop their farce."

The guard nodded and said "I will make the necessary arrangements." he left after saying that.

For the next few minutes, while the cargo from the ship was being unloaded, the mist shinobis were making provisions for the passengers on board. Santo and Kana also arrived with a few more shinobis. Santo was instructing them how what to do as he was in charge of taking the envoy to the Terumi mansion safely but also quietly. The bloodline clan leaders didn't want Moji and the others to know that leaf shinobis are coming.

Mei looked at Kana who was a little nervous. "Kana, what happened? I thought you had changed."

"Uhh..sister Mei, I have never interacted with shinobis from other villages...especially shinobis of one of the other 5 great villages. I know how much this meeting is important for all of us and I don't want to mess it up."

"Hehe...don't worry you won't. We won't let you" Mei assured Kana and they both looked at the deck of the ship waiting for the guests to come sure enough the merchant and his immediate family started to walk out of the deck.

At first, when the merchant walked out, he saw many people looking at him...he knew that he wasn't rich enough to deserve such a grand welcome. He looked at his wife and kids and then continued to walk out. As he reached in front of Mei and the others he said "Lady Mei, it is great to see you here."

Mei didn't want to stretch it too much so she directly said "I wanted to meet your extended family so I came here." The merchant suddenly felt choked as he heard that. Bringing strangers inside a village disguised as your family was a crime on many levels and the land he was currently in is known as the blood mist.

"M-My family? Lady Mei why..." the merchant tried to speak but a sound came from the ship's deck.

"You can leave now...We will take it from here." the voice said. Everyone looked at the deck where the sound came from and saw a man with a light beard and a cigarette in his mouth. This man was none other than Asuma.

Mei then looked at the scared merchant and said "You should go with your family and rest for a few days." The merchant who was thankful for being alive quickly took his family and ran away.

Asuma threw away the cigarette from his mouth and started walking out of the ship and he wasn't alone. He was followed by 6 kids, a woman, and an old man.

There were all dressed in civilian clothes but seeing them Mei, Santo and Kana could tell that they were definitely shinobis.

Santo nudged Kana who quickly went ahead to greet the leaf shinobis. "Hello everyone, I am Kana Terumi. We apologize that we could secure the waterways enough to send a ship to bring you all here. And on behalf of our clans, I want to thank you and the 5th Hokage Tsunade Senju for reaching out to us and offering to help."

Kana had practiced this for the past few days and now she delivered it without making any mistakes. After hearing this, Kurenai stepped forward toward Kana and said "I guess this is your first time doing this. Loosen up a little. You did good and we feel welcomed." The kids giggled when he heard that. Even they could see Kana nervous so they found it funny that a grown adult is behaving like a child.