Not for Nothing

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

The bloodline shinobis wanted to run as far away as possible from the monster. They had seen it kill a quasi-Kage shinobis like Moji so easily. Even the bloodline clan leaders knew that their army wasn't even going to scratch the monster.

Yoshiro looked at the old man and the others and said "I think we should have our army retreat for now. Having them fight with this monster is just simply sacrificing them. They should go back and protect the civilian villages from the Mist shinobis who have now become Jashin cult's members."

"I agree with Clan leader Yoshiro. But how are we going to have the monster not chase our army?" Asami asked. She knew that the moment the monster sees the army running away then he will hunt them one by one as he did with those at the Land of wind and fire border.

"Leave that to us. I think I can slow him down." Yoshiro said and looked at Mei who also nodded. The next second, Yoshiro and Mei stepped forward and spewed hot Lava from their mouth. They spewed it right in front of them to separate them from monster.

Seeing the puddles of lava forming, the bloodline clan shinobis started regrouping. Jiro looked at the mist and stone shinobis and shouted "What are you idiots gawking at? Go and find a way to cross the puddles of Lava and stop them from escaping."

By this time, Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai stood beside Yami. They were thankful that Ji didn't react to seeing Yami there.

"Yami this is totally out of our scope now. I don't think there is any need to stay here anymore." Asuma said. Kakashi and Kurenai also nodded when they heard what Asuma said.

Yami ignored it completely and asked "Do you know a way to make the lava hotter and more unstable?" he asked while pointing at the lava puddles.

Kakashi and Kurenai shook their head as they didn't have a jutsu that could do that but Asuma nodded and said "I do but Yami that will get us involved in the fight too which I think is a bad idea." Even though all 4 of them were jonins, Yami was still junior to the other three so there was a limit to which he could act alone.

Yami looked at Asuma and said "This monster isn't just here to fill its stomach. If that was the case, then he would have just landed near some of the civilian ports, eaten people from a couple of villages, and then left the island again. I believe it has some kind of aim when it is doing this. And the monster and this Jashin cult will eventually become a big problem for the land of fire and the hidden leaf."

Luckily for Yami, Kakashi decided to butt in and convince Asuma more. "I think Yami is right and this is the only way I can think to gain a lot of information about this monster without having people from the hidden leaf lay down their lives every minute."

Asuma thought for a few seconds and said "Alright, but let's not become the center of attention. As for the jutsu you mentioned Yami, Burning Ash jutsu is suitable for this situation."

Asuma then spew a large amount of Ash from his mouth onto the lava puddles in between the bloodline clan leaders and the monster. Ji and Jiro thought that the leaf shinobis were trying to create a smokescreen between them and the retreating bloodline army.

Just as the monster was about to step forward, the entire ash suddenly caught on fire. The fire burned not just brightly but more violently.

"Ughh these leaf shinobis are planning to create a problem till the very end." Jiro muttered loud enough for Ji to hear. Ji then turned to Yami who was looking at the wall of fire and said "You are the reason for things to go from bad to worse. It is good that you have decided to stay back."

The monster just glanced at Yami and then looked back at the clan leaders. He was pissed that his food was able to create some distance between them due to the lava puddles at first and then the burning ash jutsu also made the lava more unstable.

Ji looked at the squad captains of his new cultists and said "Go and chase those bloodline bastards and kill them. Kill whoever comes in the middle no matter if they are shinobis or civilians. I want you to pave the way through blood while you go hunting those bloodline shinobis. Let's see how far they can run and hide when their families are being killed." This order was even brutal for the squad captains but they had no other option. They nodded and circled around the lava puddles to reach the bloodline shinobis.

"Jiro along with your shinobis, take care of all the leaf shinobis. Make sure that you bring that kid's eyes to me. I want the name of the Genjutsu demon to never be said again." Ji commanded pointing at Yami and the other leaf shinobis.

Jiro nodded and signaled his men to follow him and face the leaf shinobis. Hideki, Shiro, and the other spies had left with the bloodline shinobis.

Jiro stood in front of his people and looked at Kakashi and said "You should not have interfered in this matter leaf shinobis. Even though I only have 80 people left with me now, they are more than enough to kill all of you. More than 30 of them already have the demon heart transplanted in them and even I am not confident in defeating them together. Do you really think that you can defeat all of us and then fight Priest Ji and that monster? Haha" Jiro said with a hearty laugh.

Asuma, Kurenai, and the bloodline clan leaders were a little nervous since the chances of them coming out of this alive were pretty low. Asuma wanted to say something to encourage everyone to face these enemies but Yami stepped forward and said "You are the one who needs to think Jiro"

Seeing Yami talk like that confidently made Jiro hesitate a little. "What d you mean?"

"Come on Jiro...you just said that the ones with the demon heart can kill you. Then what is stopping them from doing that? Won't they get a good reward back at the hidden stone when they bring back the head of the man who colluded with the cultists? You must be pretty trusting to keep showing your back to them. They already have the demon heart in them. Does their loyalty truly lie with you?"

The smile on Jiro's face lessened as he heard all this. He sneaked a look behind him and saw his people standing obediently. "Ji won't let them go if he thinks that they will betray me."

Yami smirked as he heard that and said "Do you think he cares if people find out about him? Doing this may put a target on his back but he will have those with the demon heart in the ranks of the hidden stone. You know how Ji thinks...first, infect a target and then slowly corrupt it."

"Jiro don't get fooled by the kids' words. Go and kill them. He seems to be buying time for something." Ji shouted but it was already too late as the entire area had mist spread around.

"How is this possible?" Jiro asked as he frowned. He knew that the clan leaders were being kept an eye on by the monster and Priest Ji so it would be impossible for them to create the mist technique.

"I am not called the copy ninja for nothing." A voice was heard from the mist. Jiro along with the clan leaders understood that the Kakashi had copied the hidden mist technique and Yami bought him more than enough time to spread the mist thinly so that they can suddenly compress the mist and create a thick mist around.

Riko looked at Yami and the leaf jonins and said "Let's hope that Yami and the others get rid of Jiro as soon as possible so that they can come here and help us out."

"ATTACK EVERYONE...TEAR THEM APART." Jiro shouted and the people behind him rushed into the mist. They were expecting one of the leaf jonins to come to them and fight in the mist but they were met with plenty of traps in order to slow down the momentum.

Kurenai cast a genjutsu in the area making them think that they were now in a thick forest.

"These tricks won't work on us woman." One of the stone shinobis said as he looked at the forest around him. He looked at a big tree nearby and kicked it. He knew that there wouldn't be a reaction since it was fake but the next second a branch broke from the make branch and started falling to the ground.