Friends or Rivals

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

I will have to fight Naruto.' Sasuke came to the conclusion.

Within a minute Naruto, Jiraya, and Sakura entered the office as well. As they entered Jiraya looked at everyone in the room and said "Looks like everyone was waiting for us Naruto."

Sasuke looked at Naruto and for a moment was surprised to see that their height was almost the same now.

Before Naruto could say anything and distract everyone, Tsunade decided to start her talks. "I hope you trained Naruto in this time Jiraya. If I found out that you have been teaching him something he shouldn't have then..." Tsunade massaged her fists.

"No-No...why would I spoil such a good kid? I taught him a lot of things. Trust me when I say that he will be able to defeat even chunins." Jiraya said. Tsunade was right to worry as Jiraya is a pervert and she didn't want Naruto to get influenced by it.

"I have a lot to tell you all about how we should proceed further but right now I want to see if the time these two took for their training was worth it or not." Tsunade said.

"Lady Tsunade are you thinking about making them two fight each other?" Sakura asked to which Tsunade shook her head and said "No...someone else will. That person wishes to keep his identity a secret and it shall be kept so. He is one of sensei's best spies from Anbu."

Everyone was confused when they heard that. Jiraya who also had the same sensei and was a master at collecting intelligence couldn't think of anyone like that.

"Grandma Tsunade, is that person really strong? I think I should fight Sasuke directly. It will be more interesting. That way we both will know where we stand."Naruto insisted.

Sasuke also stepped forward and said "I agree with Naruto on this one. I also want to know how much he has learned. Although I am confident that I won't lose to the likes of him, I need some warmup for future missions." Sasuke smirked.

Naruto made an annoyed expression and said "No need to be this cocky Sasuke. Just wait and see how I pummel you into the ground."

"STOP IT YOU TWO" Tsunade shouted making Naruto and Sasuke back off immediately.

"What I said wasn't a suggestion but a decision...You two are genins and will be treated as such until you pass an official examination. So don't even think of getting any dangerous missions." Tsunade said as she sat down on her chair.

"Come on Tsunade...don't be so strict with the kids. You can see that they both have grown up." Jiraya said trying to butter up Tsunade.

Tsunade gave a fake smile and said "Really? Grown-up? Seeing them bicker like this in front of me doesn't look like the actions of a grown-up"

"It's you who is bickering here, grandma." Naruto muttered but it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

Before Tsunade could scold him for it, Sakura landed a punch on his head making Naruto hold his head in pain.

"Lady Tsunade please ignore whatever this idiot says." Sakura said.

Tsunade let out a sigh and said "Let's go to the training ground. I will inform the one who will take your test.

"What if we defeat him?" Sasuke asked.

"I can't make you both chunin as it has to be done in the official chunin exams but I can give you high-ranked missions which chunins and jonins take. Is there anything else you want?" Tsunade asked.