Good & Bad news

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

What can be done now? They are using various tactics to get the people on their side." the woman said.

"I don't think there is any other way left Sumi. I don't want to drive our clan to extinction but I can't let them perform unnecessary slaughter. Even if they are targeting the Uchiha clan or the Daimyo, the people who wronged us are dead a long time ago. Let's wait a few months and see where this is going." OyaShiro said.

'So his wife's name is Sumi. I don't think they ever mentioned it in the anime. I guess I reached not long before Oyashiro makes his move and slaugters his clan mates.' Yami thought.

"I still think it's too extreme Shiro. We have to find some other way to prevent our clanmates from dying." Sumi protested. She didn't want the clan to go out and declare war but she also didn't want for her clanmates to die at the hands of one of their own and that too her own husband.

Shiro shook his head and said "I don't see any other way Sumi...I don't"

As Sumi and Shiro were talking, they heard a voice some distance behind them "Maybe there is a way to save your clan."

They both immediately looked behind and saw a figure entering their house. At first, they had no reason to be armed since the village was isolated and the most dangerous enemies were the animals that could be easily killed by Shiro and Sumi.

But this time it was different because they were talking about something no one is supposed to hear. They assumed that one of their neighbors or the shinobis who hunt in the nearby forest heard this. The couple slowly but confidently entered the house.

The house was light with oil lamps at all 4 ends of the room. As they entered they saw a person sitting on a chair. Shiro and Sumi looked around to see if there was anyone else but after seeing that the person in front of them was the only one around, they became a little more confident.

They also noticed that the person in front of them had no weapons...no sword or utility belt or anything that could be used as a weapon. But the thing that shocked them the most was the clothes because they knew that such clothes weren't available in their village.

"You are not from here kid? How did you enter the valley?" Shiro asked. He picked up a sickle that was kept near the door beside some bundles of crops.

Yami looked down at his clothes and said while nodding "The clothes gave it away huh?"

Shiro and Sumi didn't say anything and kept quiet. Shiro signaled Sumi something and she just took a step back and closed the door. They expected Yami to react in some way or the other to this move but he acted as nothing happened.

"But I guess you don't know much about the outside world since you didn't just rush and attack me after seeing my clothes?" Yami said. He expected the people of the Chinoike clan to atleast know the symbol of the Uchiha clan which was embossed on the front and back of Yami's kimono. Bora had it made based on the Kimono Yami was wearing when he first came to the cave.

"Why would we attack you just because you are from the outside?" Shiro asked. He didn't know what the world outside thinks about his clan but they were not savages to attack anyone in sight.

He and Sumi were both waiting for the answer and the next second they got it because they saw the kid's eyes turn from blue to red.

"T-This is just like we read...red eyes with t-tomoe around the middle." Sumi said hesitantly. She didn't know how to react nor did Shiro.

"The name's Yami Uchiha" Yami said with a smile focusing more on the word Uchiha. The eyes of the couple widened as they heard it and they rushed at Yami. Shiro with his sickle and Sumi who just pulled out a long needle from her hair bun.

Just as they were about to reach Yami, they heard a snap of fingers. They both suddenly stopped and felt that the world around them changed and the next second they saw that they weren't moving to attack Yami but each other.

Shiro saw that his sickle was just about to touch Sumi's neck while Sumi saw that her needle was going to pierce Shiro's eye.

"What the.." Shiro said in a low tone realizing what was about to happen. He and Sumi both immediately withdrew their weapons and looked to the side at Yami who was still sitting there.

"How did this happen? We were about to attack you..." Sumi asked but then she realized it herself as she said "Genjutsu? But we have the Ketsuryugan...how can a kid do that to us?"

Shiro stretched his hand and pushed his wife slightly behind him as if protecting her and said "The kid's genjutsu was strong enough to overwhelm our resistance to Genjutsu. Which is why is he sitting so confidently in front of us without a single weapon on him."

"I heard you both talk. So the elders of the Chinoike clan are planning to go out and attack the Uchiha clan huh?" Yami asked in a curious tone.

Shiro grit his teeth and said "So you heard everything...This is not something everyone is on board with but the council is weighing towards it a little. Do you plan to go back to the outside world and warn your clan about it?"

Sumi quickly tucked at his shirt and said "What are you saying, Shiro? If he does that then the Uchiha clan will come here and wipe us all out. I don't want to take the life of a kid but for our clan we can't let him leave the valley."

"We need to subdue this kid and take him to the council. We can't let him leave from here." Shiro said in a low voice only for Sumi to hear. Sumi also nodded subtly as she heard that. As Shiro was thinking about what move to make, Yami said "I have good news and bad news for you. What would you like to listen to first?"

Seeing that Yami wasn't looking to escape immediately and talking with them, the couple relaxed a little. Shiro didn't know what Yami was up to so he said "The good newswe would like to hear it first."

Yami smiled and said "The good news is that except for me and my elder brother, all the other Uchiha clan members are dead."

"WHAT?" Sumi couldn't control herself as she heard that.

"How can a clan as strong as the Uchiha clan just die out like that?" Sumi asked.

"That's a story for another time." Yami waved his hand.

"That indeed is good news for our clanthen what is the bad news?" Shiro asked. He wasn't going to believe blindly whatever Yami says but if it is the truth then the war that his clan is planning to wage won't happen at all.

"The bad news is that I alone am enough to wipe out the Chinoike clan." Yami said as he stood up and started walking toward the couple. Shiro and Sumi were about to chuckle when they heard Yami speaking confidently. Even though Yami had proved that he is capable of putting them two in a genjutsu, it was because they weren't aware of his prowess but now that they were alert, they were sure that Yami won't get to do something like that again.

Just as both of them were about to talk, they froze. They suddenly felt their instinct telling them to run away and not look back. The lights which were burning with the same intensity as before looked a lot dimmer and each and every step that Yami took felt like a thump in their hearts.

'What is happening? How can a mere kid make me feel like this? Was he telling the truth when he said that he has enough strength to wipe out the clan?' thoughts kept pouring into Shiro and Sumi's minds. Sumi felt sweat trickle down her forehead and neck and also saw the same happen with Shiro.

"W-What do you w-want?" Sumi asked in a fearful tone.

By this time Yami had already reached the door. He opened the door and said "Victories inevitably come at a cost. So I will let you decide what that cost will be and will you be able to bear it. Your daughter will be here in 10 seconds. I will visit in the morning." Yami took a few steps outside and said "Andit goes without saying that disclosing what happened today to anyone else will have consequences."

Sumi and Shiro kept hearing what Yami said without saying a word or even looking back at him until they heard their daughter's voice "Mom, dad, is the food ready?"