UGD: The Leverage

The man in the orange mask looked at the two shinobi teams and said childishly, "I have been waiting for you a lot since forever. I thought you guys would make me wait the entire day."

Kurenai and Asuma quickly stood in front of their team and asked "Who are you and why are you waiting for us here?"

"Haaa...You can't guess who I am" the masked man said while showing off his black and red cloak indicating that he was a member of the Akatsuki. "And as for why I came here, it's to help you reach the other teams faster. You all are quite useful to me."

"Useful you say...but how?" Kiba made the mistake of asking the idiotic question which resulted in the masked man giving a childish giggle. He stopped laughing and said "You all will make good hostages."

Just as he said that Kurenai and Asuma noticed that the eye that was the only visible part of his face turned into a Sharingan with a pattern they had never seen before.

The next second they started to feel a kind of pull toward the masked man. Even as Jonins, Kurenai, and Asuma weren't able to resist it. Shikamaru performed a shadow possession jutsu and used several shadows to grip the nearby trees. He tried his best to resist the pull but in the end, he also couldn't control it and everyone got sucked into the masked man's eye.

In the outside world, Tobi signed in relief and said "Now, these people will make for good leverages against the ones chasing Sasori and Kakuzu."

Tobi then touched his arm which he had lost to Yami and muttered "Once I get the Uchiha brothers, the plan can proceed even faster than ever. I better get Orochimaru or I won't be able to complete my revenge against the Hidden Leaf."

As Tobi said that the space around him started spinning and he disappeared into it.

Kurenai and Asuma along with their team didn't understand what was going on when they were getting sucked. They suddenly found themselves in a big room standing on boxes. Asuma looked around and saw that they were all split up with everyone dropped on a different box. He tried to look around but couldn't find the end of the room nor could he see the floor of the room under the boxes.

"Where are we? What is this place?" Ino asked to which Shikamaru who was on the box with her calmed her down with a tap on the shoulder and said "We are in some kind of alternate dimension. That Akatsuki member must have transported us here."

"We need to find a way to get out of this place. He must be sent us here to stop us from providing Naruto and the others with Backup." Kiba said as he pet Akamaru who seemed to be a little scared by the sudden change in scenery.

Kurenai turned to Asuma and asked "I haven't heard of any jutsu that would do this. Have you?" to which Asuma also nodded sideways indicating that he was just as clueless as her in this case.

Asuma looked at the scattered kids and said " Everyone come together. We don't know what the Akatsuki member was planning for us so stick together. Hinata use your Byakugan to figure out our surroundings. We need to eliminate the fact that we aren't in some kind of Genjutsu."

Hinata nodded and activated her Byakugan to look around. After a few seconds, she said "It seems that the entire thing is made out of Chakra...Shikamaru seems to be right about this being an alternate dimension." Just as she was saying that she sensed some unusual chakra movement in a certain direction. By this time the others had already grouped themselves into 3 boxes so they can deal with any enemy together.

Hinata immediately pointed in a particular direction and said "The chakra is unstable over there on that box." As she said that and everyone turned to look in the direction of the pointed box, they saw Tobi in his iconic Orange mask appear out of thin air.