Tsunade's Doubt

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Can I also use scorch release then and how powerful is it?" Sasuke asked to which Kakashi said "No...you do not have wind chakra nature which is one of the most important parts of scorch release and as for scorch release's power, the one I saw Yami use was way more powerful than what it was described in the book regarding Pakura. I am guessing Yami's talent in the wind chakra nature has increased its strength severalfold."

"So where is Yami now and is he alright?" Kurenai asked. She didn't see how much Yami was injured but Kakashi had told her about Yami's condition and it was horrible.

Kakashi looked at Tsunade as he knew that the part after this was best known by her and should be explained by her as well.

Tsunade nodded at Kakashi and said "Yes I had my summon go to the bat's summoning plane and check Yami. He has recovered from his injuries but wished to stay there and train more. I don't know what he is going to train there but for the things he did for the hidden mist and the hidden stone, I think he deserved a good vacation from missions. He not being out there in the shinobi world also died down the heat that the hidden stone had on him."

Jiraiya nodded and said "Yes, during my travels I heard that the Tsuchikage sent some squads to locate and find out more about Yami. I am sure that this is only the mission they have on the surface and they won't leave a single chance to take him down if they locate him."

Tsunade nodded at Jiraiya and said "You are right...The Tsuchikage is very stubborn and he won't let things slide this easy. From our spies in the hidden stone, we found that Jiro has been put through tremendous torture to extract information from him about Yami as well as the cult."

"What about the cult? were they eradicated...will they pursue Yami?" Sasuke asked. He was worried as his brother had gone on one big mission and made enemies all around the shinobi world.

Tsunade looked at Asuma and said "I think Asuma will be better suited to talk on this as his squad has been keeping tabs on this matter co-operating with the Konoha intelligence."

Asuma stepped forward and turned toward the crowd and said "Yes...after coming from the hidden mist I felt a bit ashamed because I was helpless and basically a burden when fighting against the monster. The best I could do was keep track of our enemies and since Ino has great aptitude to her clan's techniques and Shikamaru is good at predicting enemy movements, my squad has been assisting the Konoha intelligence department in keeping track."

"So have they made any progress? Did they figure out that it was Yami who killed the monster?" Sasuke asked. He knew how big of a danger it would be if the 2 villages found out that the monster who their multiple jonins couldn't kill was taken care of by a 10-year-old.

Asuma shook his head and said "No...they haven't even considered the fact that someone could kill that monster. This has kept both the villages busy which is a good thing for us. But we have bad news as well."

"What bad news?" Kakashi asked.

"The hidden cloud has been so scared of this monster that they have increased their defenses several folds and even made chakra cannons. This has made it a strong fortress that cannot be attacked if we get into a war with them in the future. As for the hidden stone, I have heard rumors that the Tsuchikage is personally heading an operation into creating stone golems which are good at attacking and defending the borders of the hidden stone." Asuma said.

Jiraiya's mood became serious as he heard this. The same was with Shikaku who was hearing this for the first time.

"Has Shikamaru known this all along?" Shikaku asked. On one hand, he was glad that his son despite trusting his father didn't let a single word slip out, but on the other hand, he should've known how important of a factor this was in case hidden leaf gets in conflict with these two villages.

Tsunade decided to answer that and said "Yes Shikaku, your son has known this but I didn't want to bring this information to the council or the elders' table unless I have confirmation or evidence to prove it. Right now all we have is some rumors and imports of expensive material made by the two villages to the Land of Iron."

Shikaku nodded and said "That does make sense."

"I think we are getting off-topic now." Shizune intervened as she saw so much confidential information being said in the office.

"Shizune is right...Sasuke do you have any other questions?" Tsunade asked as she said everything she knew up until now.

A small smile appeared on Sasuke's face which surprised others as they had hardly seen him like that he said "The fact that he is perfectly fine is all I wanted to hear. I am glad that he is safely training rather than out there where his enemies are waiting. But what training is he even doing in the bat cave that he can't do in the village?"

"Maybe the bats have their own jutsus. I want to see what new jutsus he will have learned there." Naruto said excitedly to which Sasuke nodded as well.

"I think I may have some idea about it." Kakashi said which made everyone curious including Tsunade herself who had thought the same question plenty of times.

"Yami contacted you in the past year?" Tsunade asked to which Kakashi shook his head and said "It isn't too hard to guess once you know how Yami is. He might be unpredictable at times but he hates to lose and after his fight, he understood that there is a certain skill that could easily deal with those cultists and the fight hadn't reached the extent that it did."

"A certain skill? Oh yes, I remember Lady Tsunade did say that the demon hearts could be easily countered with Sage chakra." Kurenai said.

"Are you implying that Yami must be practicing Sage mode? " Jiraiya asked to which Kakashi nodded. Many in the room were confused as to what sage mode was. Especially Naruto and Sasuke who were hearing this for the first time.

Tsunade stood up as she heard that and said "Kakashi...Sage mode is not something one can learn at such a young age. Even someone a veteran like you and me can't accomplish it.

Jiraiya nodded proudly and said "She is right Kakashi...I wouldn't be called the toad sage if it was such an easy feat. Practicing sage mode is one of the most difficult things. Even Orochimaru's body is weak when he tried to learn sage mode." Kakashi also nodded in understanding as he knew how difficult it was to learn sage mode but Tsunade reacted differently.

"Wait...a weak body...maybe it does make sense...Katsuyu did tell me" Tsunade muttered.

"Tsunade...what's wrong?" Jiraiya asked with a confused expression on his face.

Tsunade quickly gained her composure and said "Nothing...now that you all know everything I think this meeting is finished." The sudden declaration did feel odd to everyone but they had already found out more than they expected to so they quietly agreed and started to leave the room.

As they were leaving the only ones left in the room except for Tsunade were Kakashi and Jiraiya. "You seem troubled Tsunade. Anything to worry about?"

Tsunade looked at the door and waited for others to leave. When she was sure that except for the three of them, no one else was in the office she said "When Katsuyu went to visit Yami...she checked his body. He had no injuries or even scars but there were 2 things that she found odd. One was that his body composition felt different. It was way denser and sturdier than a normal human body and except for the dormant curse seal that Orochimaru gave him, there was something else dormant in his body."

"I am unable to draw any kind of conclusion from this Tsunade. The only thing I can think about is they did something to him to make his body perfectly handle the power of the sage mode." Jiraiya said.

Tsunade nodded and said "Yes...I think so too. Jiraiya go to Mount Myoboku and find out about the bat summons and their sage mode. I don't want the consequences of it to be something like the Ryuchi cave's sage mode. I told Katsuyu today morning itself to contact the bat-summoning plane and get an update on Yami's training. I still haven't gotten a reply."

Jiraiya nodded and left the office with Kakashi.

________________

Hyuga Clan- Patriarch's residence.

Hiashi Hyuga was sitting in the hall along with his father discussing something when one of the guards knocked on the door.

"What is it?" Hiashi asked without looking at the door.

"We have a visitor." the guard said in a hurried tone.