An Urgent Warning

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

What's the matter lady Tsunade?" Itachi asked seeing her in a serious mood.

"This kid...every letter he sends is like a headache to me." Tsunade said as she massaged her forehead with one hand and showed the contents of the scroll to Itachi with her other hand.

Itachi took the scroll from her and read what was written in it "The Kazekage is going to be kidnapped for his tailed beast within the next 24 hours."

"Do you think he is correct about this?" Tsunade asked as she looked at Itachi.

"Well, his bats are really good at information gathering. Even someone with my sense can't be sure if I am being spied upon by his bats. Should we inform the hidden sand about it?"

Tsunade shook her head and said "No...I don't think we need to. Yami's first mission was a joint mission with the current Kazakage Gaara. I am sure he will have sent a letter to him as well. For now, just bring Temari of the hidden sand to me. I will have team Kakashi and team Guy go with her to the hidden sand.

"If the Akatsuki is behind this then I should go as well." Itachi said to which Tsunade shook her head and said "No...they should never know that you are alive. They might change their plan and their base and that could be catastrophic for us. You are not to step into the fights unless it is a question of the hidden leaf's safety and this is an order as your Hokage." Tsunade said in a stern tone.

Seeing that Tsunade had already made up her mind about this, Itachi decided to go and call Temari so he body flickered away.

At this time, Shikamaru and Temari were having fried fish in the Konoha market. Living in the desert made it really rare for Temari to eat any kind of seafood so she was trying each and every fish that was in the market. As her guide, Shikamaru had to get dragged along with her as well.

"Such a dragg...why am I in the market at such a time...I could have relaxed at home but no I had to become a guide." Shikamaru complained to himself as he followed Temari.

"Stop complaining like a little girl. I am here for one more day and I will leave. If you come to the hidden sand then I will be responsible for your tour as well." Temari said not realizing that her chance to give him a tour was going to come sooner than she expected.

"Temari of the hidden sand" a voice appeared behind her spooking her and Shikamaru at the same time.

"Damm...you scared me" Temari said as she stepped backward.

"What happened?" Shikamaru asked. Since he was the son of Shikaku Nara, Itachi didn't see any problem with talking to her in front of him.

"Lady Tsunade has called you into her office urgently. It's an emergency. Please come with me fast." Itachi said.

Realizing that it was something urgent Temari nodded and followed Itachi. Curiosity also got the best of Shikamaru as he was also running toward the Hokage office. After reaching outside the Hokage's office, Shikamaru saw Lee and Karin just entering the office.

"Both of you can go in." Itachi said acting like a regular Anbu and left the lobby. He didn't want anyone inside the office to even start doubting his identity.

As Temari and Shikamaru entered inside they saw that Kakashi, Guy, Lee, Karin, and Sasuke were standing in the office. She also noticed a long cloth-wrapped thing in Sasuke's hands.

Tsunade looked at Temari and then at Shikamaru and asked "What are you doing here?" She didn't think that Itachi must have made a mistake so she didn't tell Shikamaru to leave immediately.