Into the Lion's Den

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Kakashi looked at others and said "The only reason we are afraid to launch a frontal assault is that we don't know what we will be welcomed with. We have already pushed their people back enough with our surprise assault but were stopped by the cultists. What I am saying is what if a few people sneak inside their tents and get information as well as create chaos inside."

"They would be on high alert because of the assault we did just now. It is nearly impossible to sneak in and we don't even have any contact inside. We can't just go in through any sides as it is fortified by the stone shinobis and don't forget and they can sense the earth's vibrations." Riko said.

Asami nodded and said "Yes...Riko is right and what identity are we going to use inside? How much time do you think they will take to notice a guy that no one there knows? They have risked their lives to take back the corpses of those who died in today's assault."

"Yes...they must be keeping tabs on who is dead so as to know let anyone know their plans. They are very secretive and we don't have a spare identity that can be used to blend in." Yoshiro said and everyone was buried in thought.

"I do" Yami said as he looked at the table once and then back at the others.

"How could you have one?" Riko asked to which Yami said "The one who came to kidnap me was killed by me and I used to impersonate him to roam around the Mizukage faction."

"But still, you have been missing for the past few days so they will think that you either died or abandoned the village in fright of the war. They will grill you at the entrance and I am sure that Jiro has someone who can distinguish lie and truth" Asami said.

"Then it's a good thing that I can materialize myself in the middle of the base using my summons." Yami said to which Asami asked "Like how you came to the tavern this afternoon?"

"Yes...just more discreetly. Although it is evening now and the bats would be a little visible to them, I don't think they know about the bats being my summon." Yami said.

"That does sound like a doable plan but you have already done so much for the bloodline clans. We can't ask you to go inside a Lion's den like this." Yoshiro said as he shook his head. His pride as the clan leader was hurt seeing that a 10-year-old was the biggest contributor to their war.

The old man patted Yoshiro's shoulder indicating him to stop and said "In this world, there are no freebies. We have already received a lot of help from the hidden leaf for us to be in their debt. And by how much I know you, you aren't someone who does things out of the goodness of his heart. Even the release of our people from their prison was a big help. I will ask you directly then Yami Uchiha. What price do we have to pay for all this?"

"Old man that sounds very rude man. And how can you ask a kid like this directly? We could have talked with Asuma or Kakashi about this later." Riko whispered loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I am sure they know if the kid wants anything and what he wants." Riko said as the others looked at Kakashi and Asuma who were both shaking their heads.

"We have no idea what he wants. He is a jonin so he speaks for himself or the only one who is allowed to would be his sensei Maito Gai." Kakashi said.

The old man and Yoshiro raised their eyebrows as they heard that name "Maito Gai...is he the son of Maito Duy?" Yoshiro nodded to which Kakashi and the other 2 leaf jonins nodded.

"Who is Maito Duy and why is this the first time I am hearing this name?" Asami asked. She was always proud of her treasure trove of knowledge but seeing that the 2 clan leaders named a guy that she had never heard of, she felt odd.

The old man looked around and sighed "It's in the past but years ago when the hidden leaf and the hidden mist were fighting each other, the seven mist swordsmen were headed to attack the hidden leaf from a very remote route. They came across a leaf shinobi who had three genin kids with him. For the seven swordsmen, it was a simple thing to do. Get rid of them all and move ahead but the leaf shinobi blocked their way and told to kids to run back to the village. That leaf shinobi was Might Duy."

"So, I understand that it was brave for him to do that. But he must have died eventually as he was facing all seven mist swordsmen directly." Asami said. She didn't understand what made the man so rememberable to the 2 clan leaders.

The old man chuckled and said "Yes he did die by their hands but not before killing 5 of the swordsmen and injuring the other 2. In the end, the 2 surviving had to come back and we lost the entire battle against the hidden leaf because of that one man. It was very hard to believe the testimonies of the two that came back and told us the reason for their failure. Now its told that his son is even stronger than his father but chooses to hide his power and stay in the hidden leaf. But seems like he taught a monster like this kid who chose not to hide."

Except for Kakashi, no one knew about this. Asuma also had some knowledge of it since his father mentioned it to him but Kurenai was in the dark about this and so were all the other shinobis in the tent who were hearing about this.

"He killed 5 swordsmen alone? How is that even possible? "Riko asked.

"I think we are straying from the topic now. Yami, what do you want?" Yoshiro asked. He didn't want to waste more time on this. He was ready to give Yami whatever he wanted. He didn't think a kid would demand much from them.

"I need the 1st half of the black mist technique." Yami said. A frown appeared on everyone's face as this was the first time they were hearing it except for the old man.

"I don't think there is any technique by that name and if you want the basic hidden mist jutsus then we can give you a few basic of them in return for your help." Yoshiro said. The others also nodded and looked at Yami for his response but Yami was only looking at the old man.

The old man shook his head and said "I don't know how you know about its existence but meddling with a technique as cruel as that is not a good thing Yami. Many strong shinobis have laid their lives trying to complete that technique."

"Old man, what are you saying? What is this technique?" Yoshiro asked as he looked at the old man beside him.

'Wow, Bullseye...The scroll I got from the middle-sized base had the 2nd half of this technique. I expected some information about the location of the first half but didn't expect the old man to actually have it. I wasn't able to read much about it except a few steps so I hope the old man can tell me what that technique even does and why he calls it a cruel technique.' Yami thought while the others were asking the old man about the technique.

"Now that you know what I want and you possess that thing, shall we move on with the planning?" Yami asked making everyone's whispers stop.

The people around the table then came up with a step-by-step plan to launch a surprise attack on the enemy and also continue the attack without losing momentum. Yami decided not to intervene in their planning except for when he had to do something.

Almost an hour later Yami left the temporary HQ discreetly since the clan leaders didn't want to take any chances with news leaking out from the HQ. As Yami got a few kilometers away from the HQ he dispersed into multiple bats. He knew this wasn't going to be as simple as a handful of bats flying together. He had to find a place where he could have the bats gather one by one and then safely materialize again.

'I wish I could also have a summon that could house my Sharingan and cast a genjutsu like Itachi's raven.' Yami thought as he split into multiple bats and flew toward the coast where The Mizukage faction, the stone shinobis, and the cultists had created their base.