Mad Dog

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

You didn't know that Yami can use a kekkai Genkai like scorch release?" Asami asked as she looked sideways at Kakashi to which he shook his head and said "No...I don't think I have seen anyone push Yami to use all his cards. This is the first time and that's why he is using it."

"The scorch release is really effective against the monster. Look at him trying to free himself. He can't even touch it or bite the tentacle with his mouth as it will just burn more." Mei said as she looked at the struggling monster.

Kurenai called out to Yami and said "Even though we can see that you are handling yourself well Yami, we can't just leave you here."

Riko nodded and said "She is right. I can't let a 10-year-old face such an enemy while I am running away with my back turned away."

Yami didn't say anything and just waved his hand indicating him and the others to go away. Riko was about to say more when Kakashi patted his shoulder and said "Right now he is the only one who is fighting the monster and we don't have enough strength to do it. We are a liability for him now and let me tell you one thing, he isn't doing this for us or the people in the civilian villages."

"Then?" Riko asked with a frown on his face.

"He just doesn't like losing and that's why he is facing the monster alone. Because if we are in danger then don't expect him to put his life on the line for us. He isn't someone like that." Kakashi said and turned back to leave. From a distance, he could see 2 people running toward them. Seeing the swords on their back, he was sure that they were Zabuza and Chojuro.

As they reached close, the first one to stop was Chojuro. He kept staring at the big monster convulsing in pain and then at the tentacles that were holding him.

"W-What is this happening? And how are those tentacles coming from Yami's back?" Chojuro asked.

Mei waved her hand to call him closer and said "I will tell you everything later. For now, help us reach safety. We need to get away from here right now."

The old man nodded and said "Mei is right. We are holding the kid back. No matter how much chakra he has, and how pure it is, he will run out of it sooner or later. It's better we leave and let him do his thing. Zabuza I want you to stay here and watch over the kid. If he starts getting tired then pick him up and escape."

Zabuza planned to do this anyway so he just nodded. As everyone else was leaving, Kakashi walked side to Zabuza and whispered "I am glad that I didn't kill you that day."

Zabuza chuckled and said "You won't be able to defeat me when we fight next time. I promise you that."

After the friendly banter with Zabuza, Kakashi glanced at Yami once and then left with the others. Priest Ji and Jiro looked at the clan leaders and leaf jonins leave. They wanted to hop in front of them as they wouldn't get such a good chance again but Zabuza slammed his sword on the ground creating a loud boom and then stared at the cultist and the stone shinobi. This worked as a warning for both of them and they weren't even in their full health right now.

Seeing that Kakashi and the others were safe now and it was only him and Zabuza left, Yami took back the tentacles. The tentacles didn't completely disappear but only became small in size still waving behind Yami.

While torturing the monster, Yami also scorched and destroyed the corpses around him on the battlefield. The last thing he wanted was for the monster to feed on those corpses and regain his health like some health potion.

"What do you need me to do?" Zabuza asked waving his sword and resting it back on his shoulder. Yami pointed toward Jiro and Priest Ji and said "Can I trust you to handle them?"

Zabuza looked in the distance where the 2 of them were standing and said "Alright, leave them to me. They deserve to follow Moji to hell." Zabuza then bolted toward Ji and Jiro. Seeing him run towards them, both Ji and Jiro stopped walking toward the monster and changed their route toward the jungle. Zabuza followed them inside the jungle...Seeing them go Yami looked at the monster and said "Time to punish the mad dog."

The eyes of the monster widened a little in anger as he heard that as if he understood what Yami just said. He roared manically and bared his fangs at Yami. Yami noticed that the monster was limping a little which means that he wouldn't be as agile and precise as he was before. Yami tucked the sheathed sword back in his waist belt and unsheathed his sword.

He started running toward the monster and the monster also began to anticipate where Yami is planning to attack and how. He was pretty cautious about not letting those scorch-release tentacles touch him anywhere as they hurt like hell for him.

Yami covered his sword with wind chakra and swung it from one side to another. The monster thought that some kind of attack will be released from it like the wind blades Yami had thrown at him plenty of times, but none of that happened.

In fact, the dust around Yami rose and was thrown toward the monster which made it hard to track. But the monster wasn't just using his eyes to see Yami, he could also see the chakra in Yami's body. The monster decided to ignore the dust blanket in front of him and stood his ground while focusing on the chakra ball that represented Yami's location. He saw that behind the dust blanket, Yami jumped to the side.

Just as the monster turned his head a little to the right and was about to pounce on Yami through the blanket, he saw something shiny from the side of his eye. Before he could turn his head back straight and access what that shiny thing was, he felt a sharp pain in his left eye.

RARRRRRRRRRR

The monster swung his head left and right in pain and screamed. Yami waved his hand and blew away the entire dust blanket and smiled as he saw the monster in that state. Using himself and his chakra core as the decoy to divert the monster's attention, Yami threw his sword at the monster. He didn't use any kind of chakra on the sword which made it only a piece of sharp meteorite metal. '

Just as he had predicted, the monster looked a little to the right when he saw Yami jump off to the side and the sword pierced into his left eye. Without wasting any time, he quickly jumped on the monster's head. The monster quickly realized this and started swinging his head around more frantically. It didn't want Yami to step on his head at all.

The monster also lifted one of his front feet and tried to slap Yami away from his head but Yami narrowly dodged it by swerving to the side. Yami had seen firsthand the damage that the monster's slap had done to Jiro and Priest Ji so to stop something like this from happening again. Yami threw a paper bomb tied to a kunai at one of the monster's hind legs. He threw it exactly where the tentacles had burned. He knew that the monster wouldn't feel a small prick like the kunai so he had attached a paper bomb to it. With a hand sign, Yami detonated the paper bomb.

BOOMM

Even though the explosion wasn't much loud or destructive, it flared the injury on the monster's leg and also pushed the kunai further inside his wound making him feel extreme pain and lose his footing. Due to this the monster had to focus on keeping the remaining 3 legs on the ground firmly or else he would fall down.

Now the only option available to deal with Yami on top of his head was his tail or his stinger to be more precise. Yami always made sure that the stinger was nowhere near him as he had seen firsthand how deadly it can be. And not just that, but the stinger will also recognize the devouring law that Yami has inside him.

'I can't let the stinger be any longer. It is very unpredictable and could prove to be fatal at any minute.' Yami thought. Yami had done all this only to get the monster to actively use the stinger. Just as the stinger rose up in the air focusing on Yami who is at the top of the monster's head, Yami's tentacles flattened a little like some long thick leaves. Due to Yami being in his blind spot, the monster had little to no vision of him. He had calmed down a little but he was trying his best to look at Yami with the other eye which wasn't damaged