Calm before the storm

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Yami sensed someone's malicious gaze over him. And it was just a fleeting gaze which means he isn't the initial target but the Ship and the Terumi brothers are. Just the next second the man who was in his forties also frantically looked around.

"What happened Uncle Wu? You seem restless." Santo whispered as he leaned closer to the middle-aged man. The middle-aged man looked at the other siblings who were talking among themselves and said "Young master I felt a gaze on me and it seems to have malicious intent towards us." The man who was known as uncle Wu looked at the one beside him and said "Enko climb up on the ship's mast and look around to see if there is any pirate ship around us." The young man named Enko who was telling Toru about the sea nodded and climbed up the mast. He looked around for a minute and jumped down on the deck. He went close to Uncle Ji and said "There are a couple of ships around us but none of them look like bandit ships.

Santo looked at Enko and said "Enko taking care of Toru and Nana is your responsibility. If any strong enemy appears me, Kana and Uncle Wu will fight them. Also, make sure that the civilians on the ships are brought to safety." Enko nodded.

Yami who was looking at the sea heard all this and before he could hear ahead, the bald man called him

"YUTAcome here kid. I have work for you."

Yami looked back at the bald man and walked toward him. "Yuta all 4 young masters are on the deck go and help the others set up a table so they can eat and relax at the deck."

This wasn't too harsh of a task so Yami obliged and started helping those who brought the table and chairs from the storage room of the ship. The Terumi siblings also enjoyed the view and the people working on the ship were busy admiring Kana's beauty. In spite of having auburn hair, she didn't look like an angry habanero but like a calm and elegant beauty.

"Let's go and eat something." Enko suggested and everyone including Santo and uncle wu nodded at that. They all walked toward the table and chairs Yami and the others had set up. By the time they reached, Yami had just arranged the last chair around the table and left. Santo gave Wu a look and uncle Wu understood what he meant. He looked at the bald man and signaled him to come here. The bald man was startled by this and came running toward Uncle wu. The other siblings didn't understand what was going on between Santo and Uncle wu.

"What is it protector Wu?" the bald man asked while giving a short bow.

"I have told you many times not to let children work unless he/she is the only feeder of the family and now you are making that kid work. By his clothes, he doesn't look too poor."

The bald man shook his head saying no and said "I was actually helping him out protector Wu. I was told by a friend of mine that this kid wants to go to the hidden mist and as protector Wu and Enko along with 4 young masters are on this ship he thought to work here and even earn a small amount. The kid looked really genuine so I gave him chore work. With all of you here it's not a surprise that he thinks this is the safest ship on the waters right now."

Santo and Uncle Wu's expressions became soft as they heard that. Toru smirked and said "HeheI alone can protect this ship from those pirates. I will also protect my sisters from them"

Kana pulled Toru's cheek and said in a teasing way "Oh are you going to protect me? Until a couple of years ago, you were wetting your bed due to nightmares."

"Sister Kana..why would you" Toru said as he felt embarrassed by the sudden revelation. Everyone at the table started laughing when suddenly uncle Wu got up with a serious face.

"What's the matter, Uncle Wu?" Kana asked seeing the serious expression on the man's face.

"5 Ships are headed towards us. Get ready everyone. They don't look like the bandits we usually face." Uncle Wu said which alerted Enko and the others. The bald man quickly ran away and blew a horn alerting everyone of danger. Yami also sensed the ships coming and one of those ships had people that can use Chakra. Yami and a few others helped the people go inside the ship so that they aren't harmed. The only ones left on the deck were the bald man along with Yami and 3 other helpers, the 2 protectors Uncle Wu and Enko, and the Terumi siblings. In the next few seconds, a group of Shinobis also came out on the deck ready for battle. Enko wanted to take Toru and Nana inside the ship to safety but they refused to leave their siblings' side.

Uncle Wu and Santo stood at the front followed by Kana and Enko. Behind him were Toru and Nana and at the very back were Yami, the bald man, and the others. 'There are only a few jonin levels among the bandits and the rest are chunin and genin levels. The problem is they are more in number and the Terumi siblings might face problems due to being in the middle of the ocean and being less in quantity. Though the first problem can be easily solved by walking on water with chakra control, not many people waste time practicing chakra control and such stuff instead of actual fighting.'

As the five ships came into view they noticed that they weren't surrounded but all 5 ships were in front of them blocking their way. Yami noticed that among the bandits there were many people who were mixed up. 'There are trained shinobis among those bandits. Could they be from the hidden stone?' Yami thought.

"WU ATLAST WE MEET. HOW MANY YEARS HAS IT BEEN? HAHAHA