Stubborn Hideki

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Doing a couple of missions and earning some praise has made you arrogant kid. This is not a small matter and you think you can handle it alone without any of us?" Daiki said while raising his voice a little. In fear that this could be heard outside Daichi quickly reprimands his twin "Keep your voice down Daiki. Stop getting riled up so easily."

Seeing the brother talk Yami said "Daiki must be the smaller one." Daichi looked at Yami and asked, "How do you know?"

"He is impulsive, gets riled up quickly, and listens to you immediately. This tells me he is the weaker link among you two and most of the time this is seen in the younger twin." Yami shrugs. This sentence gets Daiki angrier but he doesn't say anything as he knew he would be giving Yami more ammo.

Hideki signaled Daiki and Yami both to stop and said "Yami I don't know what the new Hokage saw in you to make you a jonin but we cannot put our lives in the hands of someone like you. So I suggest you just leave now and forget about leading this mission much less being a part of it. Just tell us what Hokage-sama wants us to do and I will have these two escort you on a merchant boat to the Land of fire." Hideki was done listening to Yami and he didn't want to drag this meeting any longer as it was held on enemy grounds.

This was the first time someone had spoken to Yami in this way. He activated his Sharingan and Hideki and the twins suddenly felt that the land under their feet has vanished and now they were falling deep inside the hole. They could only lee light purple clouds around them and occasionally skeleton hands would come out of the ground and hold them tight enough to feel pain and then let go. After feeling like this for a minute or two, their instincts started warning them as if danger was approaching from behind and before they could look back at the danger, dozens of metal spikes penetrated different parts of their body. This was like the traps that are set in the jungle to kill animals. As the twins and Hideki were impaled on those spikes and they felt their consciousness was about to fade away, they felt that they started breathing again.

All three of them looked around and saw each other still inside the same rundown house. All three were panting heavily and were doused in their own sweat. Daiki and Daichi touched their backs subconsciously to confirm whether the spikes had really pierced from their backs or not. They looked up at Yami with horrified gazes. Hideki's condition wasn't any better. He looked like someone who was about to lose his mind.

"W-What was t-that?" Hideki asked as he was panting. Daiki and Daichi were also staring at Yami.

Yami smiled and said "Just a glimpse of what I can do and one of the reasons I will be leading the mission. I will go and look around in the village and by that time it would be good if you come out of the sorry state you are currently in. Doing something that I haven't told you won't lead to your death as we are from the same village but will definitely lead you to regret living. And do prepare some good food to eat." Yami said as he deactivated his Sharingan and proceeded to calmly walk out the door.

Inside the house, Daiki went in to take a shower while Daichi stared at Hideki.

"Sensei what do we do?" he asked. He had never expected such an outcome. To Daichi's surprise, Hideki just gave a small laugh and said "Didn't you hear what the new captain said? Get yourself fixed up and prepare some food."

"S-Sensei, what are you saying?" Daichi asked.

"Daichi the only thing the world respects is strength and that kid has certainly shown his. Are you confident enough in defeating him?" Hideki asked as he glanced at his student.

"How can I when even you fell victim to his genjutsu." Daichi shrugged.

"Ahem...no need to mention what happened today in front of others. Go and prepare something while I change my clothes." Hideki said and left the room as well.

An hour later Yami came back. He didn't buy anything or do much just roam around the market and understood what the current situation was. He was convinced that the conflict can turn into a full-blown confrontation any day now. From what he heard people and a few spies from the Mizukage faction talking, Yami found out that the sides of the bloodline clans were weaker after the 4th Mizukage faction gained a lot of help from the hidden stone village.

As Yami entered the house he saw Hideki along with the twins had spread out a few maps on the table and were discussing something. "You guys have made yourselves busy I see."

Hideki looked up at Yami and said "Yami I do accept that your genjutsu prowess is commendable but in times of conflict such tricks don't work. We need actual strength and experience which me and the students have in plenty and we would love for you to be a part of the group."

At first, Hideki was ready to drop his weapons and accept Yami as the captain but after talking to his students, he had gained the majority of his lost confidence. He accepted Yami to be strong but he was thinking logically as well. Yami was just 10 years old and had no experience in such conflicts nor did he know much about the inner workings of the two sides that were about to clash.

'I thought this thing was done an hour ago but he seems to be more stubborn than I thought. Fighting him here would be a stupid move and I don't want many people to even know my strength so I will just play along for now and make the necessary moves through Zabuza and Haku. They should be here in a day or two.' Yami thought.