Thoughtful Chojuro

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

The bloodline shinobis were already informed that Yami along with 2 mist swordsmen will be taking care of the cultists and those who have tattoos on their bodies. Their job was to open the way and also gather information.

They were surprised to hear and then see that the one who had terrorized the entire hidden mist was just a kid. Many even refused to believe it but orders were orders so they let Yami pass with the 2 swordsmen. Yami looked around and saw that the bloodline shinobis had broken through the walls of the base but the stone shinobis were creating many obstacles using earth-style jutsus.

There wasn't a big water source nearby so the mist shinobis couldn't shoot water canons and blow away the barriers. Yami then saw a few shinobis coming back toward them. Chojuro stepped forward and asked "Why are you all running back out?" to which the shinobis at the front said "They have used some kind of jutsu and created a quicksand and if someone gets trapped in it then the shinobis hiding at the bottom of the quicksand launch attacks. We have already lost a few of our men. It took most of our strength to just get out of the mess."

Chojuro looked back at Yami and Zabuza and said "We should help them and deal with the ones attacking them or they won't be able to push further."

Zabuza clicked his tongue as he heard this and looked at Yami. He wanted to fight those cultists but leaving his own people to die didn't sound like a good option to him.

Yami leaned toward Zabuza and whispered "Being with Haku has really made you a softie." Zabuza really got embarrassed as he heard this. Before he could comment on that and give Yami the side eye, Yami stepped forward and said "Show us where that place is and then guard the place so that no one interferes." Receiving an order from Yami came as a surprise to the shinobis. They weren't going to take orders from a kid but their orders said that the kid is the genjutsu demon so the shinobis agreed. They also wanted to see if the kid is really as strong as the clan leaders told them.

"Alright follow us." The shinobi said and he and his squadmates led Yami and the 2 swordsmen to the location of the quicksand. As they reached closer, Yami and the others heard the laughter of several people.

"Hahadid you see how they ran away?"

"Hahahow could I miss. Those bloodline bastards couldn't even cross of few feet of our quicksand. These mist shinobis are really weaklings."

"Of course they are. That's why they asked us and Lord Jiro to help them fight for the position of Mizukage."

"These bastards.." the shinobi who was leading Yami and the others muttered. Anger was welling up in his heart as he heard the stone shinobis humiliate them and the entire hidden mist.

"Don't let your emotions control your angerYou all did what was necessary to save your lives and prevent unnecessary deaths. Now leave it to us to wipe that smug smile off the faces of those stone shinobis." Zabuza said as he picked up speed and headed toward the source of the sound. Yami and Chojuro also did the same.

The group of stone shinobis near the quicksand were talking among themselves when suddenly one of them shouted "I sense enemies come toward us. I can sense close to 7-8 of them."

"Nicemore prey for our quicksand. Everyone get to work." Another stone shinobi said and he and 2 other stone shinobis dived into the quicksand head first. Surprisingly, even the quicksand became soft like water and swallowed them whole.

By this time Yami and the others almost reached the location when Chojuro asked "So Yami how do you want to do this?" Chojuro wanted Yami to also participate in this fight as it would assure the bloodline shinobis that Yami really is the genjutsu demon but contrary to his expectations Yami said "These stone shinobis are too weak for me to waste my genjutsu on them and neither are their numbers too much. Just kill everyone in sight and get this over with."

With this, Yami pulled out his sword and increased his speed reaching beside Zabuza. He looked at him and said "Zabuza you take care of those who are above ground while I take care of those below it." Zabuza didn't have any doubt about Yami's prowess, so he nodded and accepted the straightforward strategy. Just kill every stone shinobi he sees above ground.

"W-Waitwill that really be enough?" Chojuro asked as he was trying to stop Zabuza and Yami but it was already too late as they had reached the location and both of them had made their moves.

Zabuza jumped toward the stone shinobis standing in front of him. He had taken a big leap so as to fly over most of the quicksand area while Yami also jumped but instead of jumping farther, he jumped higher. Just as he reached the maximum height he could jump at he applied wind chakra to his blade and slashed it toward the ground under him which looked normal at first glance but was quicksand.

The stone shinobis who saw these two making their moves didn't understand what they were trying to do. They hadn't even realized who Yami was. They saw a blade made of wind chakra slam on the ground creating an opening.

"What the hell" one of the stone shinobis shouted as he saw Yami dive straight into the crevice created because of the wind blade. He didn't have time to go and stop him as he saw a man covering his entire face in tape leap towards him and his comrades.

"I-isn't that the executioner's blade?" one of the stone shinobis asked but before the one with him could reply, Zabuza had already slashed his chest.

Chojuro and the other bloodline shinobis looked at Zabuza attacking the shinobis and Yami jumped inside the quicksand.

"The kid went in. What kind of a strategy is that?" the shinobi asked. Even Chojuro got worried as he saw the quicksand behave like a viscous muddy pool.

'Dammitif the kid died then the hidden leaf will blame our clans and may even withdraw from the alliance. I can't stay on the sidelines with the assumption that he will defeat them on their own turf.

"Everyone we will try to create an opening in the quicksand. The shinobis sweated as they heard this but they weren't cowards or traitors to defy direct orders. Just as Chojuro was about to suggest an idea he saw that the ground had stopped moving. It didn't just become normal but started to become dry.

"What the hell?" Chojuro said as he saw cracks appear on the ground where the quicksand existed. He and the other shinobis were about to go ahead and try to break the dry ground, but they saw the cracks glow red. The glow became brighter which made everyone curious.

Just as Chojuro was about to crouch to see what the red light was Zabuza shouted "Back off everyone." Instinctively everyone including Cojuro jumped back and suddenly a huge explosion occurred. The explosion was loud and strong enough to make the entire vicinity vibrate as if it was an earthquake.

Chojuro waved his sword a few times to save the bloodline shinobis from getting hit by the super hot debris falling down.

Yami jumped up from below and stood beside Zabuza. He looked back and Chojuro and the bloodline shinobis barely dodging the debris.

"I told you all to go and keep an eye on the surroundings. What are you all doing here?" Yami asked to which the shinobis turned to Chojuro.

"UhhI didn't think you would be able to deal with them so we all were about to come to save you." Chojuro said while scratching his cheek. The kid who he thought was about to die was standing in front of him without a scratch.

Yami was about to reply but one last remaining stone shinobi shouted "Where are my people? How dare you bastards kill th-". Before he could complete the sentence Yami threw a kunai at his head. The man's entire head blew up and the wall behind him was painted in red with his brains.

Chojuro and the others felt a chill run down their spine when they saw that. They could see that the person was definitely high chunin rank but was killed instantly and the kunai that killed him had pierced halfway into the wall behind him.

'I didn't even see him take out a kunai, much less throw it.' The bloodline shinobis thought.

The Shinobis along with Chojuro then looked at the pit in front of him where the quicksand was. They saw 4 burnt corpses and the entire surface of the pit was scorched black.

"How did you deal with the quicksand? " Chojuro asked to which Yami replied "How will they use quicksand when the fire burned away all the moisture." Yami smirked.