The Long Route

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Wu looked at Enko and said "Take him back." He wasn't going to believe what Kurai had just said. It wasn't that he didn't want to believe it but the chances of this happening were one in a million. Wu took Kurai's words as the rambling of a madman.

"Ewwworms in their skin. That sounds so horrible." Nana said to which Toru replied "Yes that's why they were scratching themselves like this."

"Don't believe everything you here kids." Wu said as he turned toward Toru and Nana.

"Uncle Wu, what do you think of all this?" Kana asked. She felt that there was some truth to Kurai's words.

"Kana our village has only 4 Kage level shinobis. One is Miss Mei and the other one is the Patriarch of the Terumi clan. As for the other villages even they have a handful of Kage-level shinobis and none of them have any reason to help a small fry like us." Wu said as he shook his head in regret. He and the Terumi siblings may be the strongest in the land of forests where they lived but in the outside world and among the 5 great villages, they are just small fries.

"WE ARE NOT SMALL FRIES." Toru said as he stood up from his chair. He could hear someone belittling him and his siblings even if that person is his own Uncle.

Santa stepped into the conversation and said "Toruyou haven't fought anyone from the 5 great villages and that's why you are saying this."

"The thing that makes Kurai's statements impossible is that there isn't anyone on the Kage level that can put so many people in a genjutsu including Jonin-level shinobi. Genjutsu is not used widely and no one in history has been able to have genjutsu strong enough to rival a Kage-level shinobi." Wu explained.

Nana leaned forward and asked "What about the eyes? Kurai said that the person had red eyes. Does anyone in the Shinobi world have them?"

Wu nodded and said "There are two clans. The first one is the Chinoike clan which is not believed to be extinct."

"What about the 2nd clan Uncle Wu?" Kana asked. Even she was curious about this matter.

"The 2nd clan is the Uchiha clan. They were a strong clan but a few years ago the eldest son of the Patriarch slaughtered his own clan and in the end, the only ones remaining alive from the Uchiha clan other than him are his 2 younger brothers who live in the hidden leaf. Those two are still kids and even the eldest one among them must have just become a genin." Wu said.

"Master Wu, what if the one to save us was the eldest Uchiha?" Enko asked.

Wu shook his head and said "He is Kage level shinobi and an S-rank criminal but he was heartless enough to kill his own parents so why would he save us? Don't think much the red eyes must also be part of the genjutsu."

The Terumi siblings understood that they weren't important enough for a Kage-level shinobi to protect them so even they considered Kurai's words as ramblings and moved on to discuss their next moves. In the end, they decided to take a long but safe route that will bring them directly to the port that is in the Terumi clan grounds. This decision was then relayed to everyone on deck and it also fell on Yami's ears.

'Shitthis means by the time I reach the hidden mist, it would be the 8 days since I left. My head start is already gone. I have no option but to trust them. They won't behave like they normally do and I won't be able to know if any of them is leaking our info to the others. Luckily the only one who Tsunade will give the info to the leader of the entire group and according to her the most reliable one. I hope he doesn't tell everyone about me.' Yami thought as he was sitting on one side of the ship watching the sunset.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" a voice came from behind Yami. He looked back and saw that it was one of the Terumi siblings, Kana.

Yami gave a small smile and said "yes it is."

"You have beautiful eyes as well. What is your name?" Kana asked.

Yami realized that he was in disguise and he was a chore boy on their ship "My name is Yutamiss Kana. How are your injuries?"

"They are healing well. Thank you for asking Yuta. You have beautiful blue eyes just like the sea." Kana complimented.

"Thank you miss Kana" Yami responded.

"So why are you traveling alone Yuta? Is there anyone you are going to meet?"

"I am going to meet an uncle of mine. I used to live with my grandmother but she passed away last month due to an illness. So I decided to go to my last living relative." Yami said as he looked down trying to act all emotional.

'Damm why is it so hard to shed a fake tear?' Yami wondered.

Kana ruffled his hair and said "Don't worry. You will meet your uncle soon. We will reach safely in a few days." She didn't wait for Yami to respond and went away. She also talked to a few more people which made the whole atmosphere better.

The next few days the ship didn't face any problems in treading through the sea. The pirates who would appear nearby would run away when they see the Terumi clan crest on the ship.

The bald man didn't make Yami do much work. Yami only had to clean the deck after the dinner was done and just bring food supplies from the storage room to the kitchen. As most of the people on the ship were with their families, no one bothered him other than the usual talks like Kana had with him.

After a couple of days, one of the people standing on the deck screamed "THE PORT IS IN SIGHT. WE HAVE REACHED THE HIDDEN MIST.