They are coming

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

I didn't expect you to recognize me at the first glance Gaara." Yami said as he took off his hand over Gaara's shoulder and sat on one of the chairs at the table.

(Suggest a good pic for teenage Yami...I am trying to find one but it might take a few days)

"Those blue eyes are not something a person can forget. Especially when they turn red...you seemed to have changed a lot...not just physically but even your personality." Gaara said as he sat beside Yami.

"Yea...I guess that is something that happened for the better. As for you , you look the same but your temper has totally changed." Yami complimented.

"Someone taught me to cherish those that are close to me and do everything in my power to keep them safe." Gaara said. He didn't name the person but Yami knew that Gaara was talking about Naruto.

"It is good that you have started taking my warning seriously. I wonder if the help from the hidden leaf has left the village." Yami said as he looked outside the window thinking.

"Is it true? The threat? Don't tell me that to get information about the organization, you joined the Akatsuki" Gaara said as he looked at Yami.

Yami raised his eyebrows as he heard that and asked "Why would you even think about something this ridiculous??"

Gaara who normally had a stone-like expression on his face looked away a little and said "I heard that you went inside the Mizukage faction as a prisoner to get information and to cripple them from the inside and I thought that since your brother..."

Gaara was speaking but then he stopped because he felt that he might be crossing a line by bringing Itachi into the topic.

"I see...Lady Tsunade has shared plenty of information with you. She truly regards the hidden sand as an ally." Yami said and stood back up.

"Yes she does and so do I. Since you are here then I presume that you have a way to stop it from happening." Gaara asked.

Yami nodded subtly and said "Yes but the casualties will be high because you and the elders see this as you being in the center of the fortress but the Akatsuki sees you surrounded by thousands of weaknesses. They could leverage the lives of the people present here and take the chance to kidnap you."

Gaara knew what Yami was saying was right so he asked "Are you suggesting that I give myself up to them? I don't know what they plan to do with the tailed beast."

"That is one solution to this problem but the chances of you getting killed are higher in this case." Yami shrugged. Yami had raked his brain on this issue months before and even made sure that the attack will happen. He had one of his bats follow Yura at all times and keep an eye on him. Just a few days ago when he finished his training and left the cave, he entered the hidden leaf in disguise and approached Yura. Using his genjutsu, he found out the latest instructions that were given to this sand shinobi.

"I do understand that victory comes at a cost but I don't want the cost to be the lives of my people or the stability of the village." Gaara said. He then continued "I will fight the Akatsuki farther from the hidden sand and at that time the only thing I request from you is to protect the village."

"Watch out for the fireworks." Yami said and disappeared into a puff of smoke.

At the same time, Yami was sitting in a hotel diner where he received all the memories of the clone. A smile appeared on his face as he was drinking the soup in front of him. Right now he was disguised as a middle-aged merchant.