Huddle Up

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Which jutsu was that? They didn't even know that they were being attacked until it was too late." Chojuro said as he looked at Yami and the fallen stone shinobis back and forth.

Yami didn't have any intention of disclosing his ability to control the wind so he didn't say anything. Just before the silence could get awkward, Mei interrupted and said "Chojuro, Yami has already told us so much about his genjutsu. Let's not overextend it now. A shinobi must always have his secrets."

Yami understood that Mei also wanted to know the answer which is why she waited for a few seconds.

"Is that your dog?"Zabuza asked as he pointed behind the group. Yami and the others looked behind and saw Pakkun running toward him.

"He also has the leaf headband." Chojuro said.

"He is Kakashi's summoning animal." Yami said as he stepped forward toward the dog. Yami already had his Sharingan activated so seeing Yami look at him like this scared Pakkun a little.

'I hope this brat doesn't know that I was the one that told Kakashi about him and Zabuza. I wonder what this kid will do to me if he ever finds out.' Pakkun thought. Unknowingly, he became a little nervous which didn't escape Yami's sharp eyes.

"What happened Pakkun? You seemed worried and scared." Yami asked to which Pakkun widened his eyes and said "Scared? Me? N-No why would I be scared?" Pakkun said with a little hesitation which now was seen by not just Yami but everyone.

"He does look scared. Maybe the war is too much for a small dog like him."Chojuro said while pitying Pakkun which make Pakkun more embarrassed.

Pakkun decided to do the job he was summoned for and said "Yami, Kakashi wants you and the others to come join the main force."

Yami and the others were confused when they heard that."What? How can we join the main force when we were tasked with fighting the cultists?"

"Has Kakashi's decision been approved by the clan leaders?" Mei asked. She knew that even though Kakashi held some power, it wasn't nearly enough to change the strategies that are already in place.

"Actually, it was the clan leaders that made the decision. I don't know much but Kakashi said that the cultists are within the main force. Enough chit-chatting now. Let's leave." Pakkun said as he indicated Yami and the others to follow him immediately.

"Wow, how did they find out that there are cultists mixed in with the main fighting force." Zabuza asked Which CHojuro said "Our shinobis must have suffered a loss when they were suddenly faced with those cultists."

Mei looked at the shinobis who were with her and said "You all take care of the injured and prepare a temporary base here. I will go with them to the front lines."

Yami and the others left the place shortly after. They didn't know if the main force of the bloodline clans have suffered any kind of damage due to the sudden appearance of the cultists so they were going as fast as they could.

'I expected them to make some underhanded moves but I should have known that there would be cultists blended in their main force now that everything is happening under the supervision of the Priest Ji. I still don't think we know everything that we need to about this ritual of his.' Yami thought as they reached the main headquarters. It was set a few kilometers away from the back side of the Hidden Stone base and was adjacent to the sea. This gave the mist shinobis on both sides a big advantage as they could use water-style jutsus to their full potential.