Time to Chase

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

He obviously must know that I can sense his gaze on me then why is he behaving like this? Does he swing the other way? In the canon, he dies without any love interest so I don't know what his preference is.' Yami thought and before he could come to any other conclusion, he felt Neji's gaze on him again from the bed on the other side of the room.

Yami looked at him directly and asked "What is the matter with you?"

Neji looked up at Yami's face and said "Your body...it is making me uncomfortable."

Yami frowned as he heard that and said "Be specific with your words Neji."

"With my Byakugan I can normally see a person's chakra flowing along his/her pathways but for you it looks like your entire body is chakra and at times it pulsates from being too brighter to disappearing as if you aren't there at all." Neji said.

'Pulsating? Is it because my body composition has changed now? And what does he mean by disappearing ?' questions started popping up in Yami's mind as he heard that.

"Can you activate your byakugan and look at it once? I want to see why does the pattern change." Yami said as he stood up from his bed. Neji hesitated a little but eventually agreed. He himself didn't know why it was happening and planned to keep it under wraps until he reached back to his clan and ask his uncle or grandfather.

Neji sat up straight on his bed and activated his Byagugan. He looked at Yami and said "Right now your entire body appears to have chakra flowing through it instead of just your pathways."

"Is it pulsating and how bright does it appear?" Yami asked to which Neji massaged his chin and said "Hmm...It isn't pulsating right now and speaking about brightness then it is slightly more than an average Jonin. The only person who could match you in the brightness level is Naruto. Maybe even the Kazekage Gaara because he is a jinchuriki too."

"Alright, now I will try to intentionally circulate chakra throughout my body. Tell me if you notice any change." Yami said and closed his eyes. He started pushing out chakra from his chakra core and began sending it to the tips of his body and even his skin.

"Now it's pulsating with something a little brighter." Neji said as he stood up with his byakugan activated.

Yami started pushing more and more chakra into his body. 4 seconds later Yami whose eyes were closed this entire time heard Neji's voice "Um..now this is getting brighter than I expected. Can you increase the intensity ?" Neji asked and Yami nodded his head and said "Just hold on for a few more seconds, I am increasing the amount of chakra gradually."

For the next 8-10 seconds, the chakra being circulated inside Yami's body increased severalfold. Neji clenched his teeth and continued using his Byakugan. A tiny droplet of blood appeared under his eyesocket resting on his bottom eyelash about to fall on his cheeks. Neji was about to say something to Yami but then Yami said "I am going all out now."

Before Neji could deactivate his Byakugan, Yami was using his chakra core to its fullest extent.

AArghhhh

Neji screamed as he covered both his eyes with his hands and crouched on the floor. Hearing the scream, Yami immediately stopped and opened his eyes. He saw Neji sitting on the floor and blood that was dripping from his eyes which was now falling on the floor.

The room's door slammed open the very next second with Kakashi Sakura and Sasuke barging inside.

"What the matter?" Kakashi asked as he looked at Yami and then his eyes fell on the bleeding Neji.