Hideki's Dilemma

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Back to the Present

The Girl who bought the apples quickly left the crowded place and turned into a quiet alley. As she entered, she crouched down and started taking out and looking at the apples one by one.

"That was a risky move to go alone Haku." a voice sounded behind the girl. The girl didn't even look back and said "When he started selling vegetables, we knew that it was the only way. And aren't you curious why he is here?"

The girl was none other than Haku and the man behind him was Zabuza. He walked forward and looked at a few apples when his eyes fell on an apple with a clean cut in the middle. There wasn't a hole in the apple but the pattern on the apple's peel didn't match the center.

Zabuza picked up the apple and tried to remove pull out the mismatched part and luckily a piece of apple popped out like a cork. Zabuza saw that the inside of the apple was hollow and there were two rolled letters inside.

He snapped open the hollow apple in half and took out the 2 letters. One by one he read the two letters and said "The matter our village is way serious than we thought. We have some work to do...let's go."

Zabuza didn't want to start work the second he came to his own village but reading the letters he understood the urgency and couldn't help but take the initiative to perform the task given. Yami had given him a few names and told them to keep an eye as to who they meet and what they do. These people were none other than the spies hidden leaf had planted in the mist.

Zabuza wanted to kill them all knowing that they were spying on his village but he didn't want to get blown to pieces by Yami.

"Zabuza how are we going to spy on all these people? And will 3 days be enough to know who is trustworthy and who is not?" Haku asked.

"Don't worry Yami has already given a solution for that. When the one asking questions is a swordsmen of the mist, the traitor will definitely come forward." Zabuza said.

"But won't that put the others who think they are perfectly hidden spies on alert?" Haku asked. She was totally confused by this plan.

"Ya I had that question at first but in the end Yami has written that if the spies's identity is exposed then he wouldn't have any problem." Even Zabuza didn't know why Yami wanted to sacrifice the identity of the spies for something he wasn't sure about.

As for Yami, he didn't care about exposing those spies as he needed those people to work with the bloodline clans. If the bloodline clans win with the help of these spies without knowing that they are from the hidden leaf, then how will the hidden mist be in their debt?

Yami knew that in the future there will be the 4th great ninja war and so there won't be much need to spies in other villages. He knew that if he told his plan to use spies openly to Hideki or Tsunade, they both would reject his idea. But if the spies are approached by a mist swordsmen then it would be as if their identity is already exposed and now they are free to be used openly.

Back at the stall, Yami had already sold a lot of vegetables and seeing that the crowd was lessening, he decided that there was no more need to keep doing this. In the end, Yami dumped the responsibility of running the stall on Daiki and came inside the house.

He saw that Hideki and Daichi were already waiting for him. "I think we should discuss the next step of our plan." Hideki said.

"I need more information on the bloodline clans especially regarding how ready they are for the conflict that is about to occur." Yami said.

Daichi glanced at Hideki and said "But that is very secretive information. Even the guards guarding the outposts of the estate have no knowledge of this. The only way to find out about it is to infiltrate the estate."

Hideki quickly stopped his student from speaking further and said "This is impossible. Especially within the Terumi clan which is now the headquarters. You may not know but amongst Mei Terumi's trusted people is a man named AO. He has the Byakugan in one eye so if we try to infiltrate inside the estate then he will immediately alert everyone.

"Do you have any information about AO's whereabouts?" Yami asked to which Hideki shook his head and said "No. AO mostly stays at the Terumi estate and whenenver he leaves it, it is either with Mei Terumi or her father. We wanted to get back the Byakugan from him but he is very cautious. On top of that he wears special earning which is like a seal that blocks anyone from taking the eye. After a while. we gave up the thought as he used the Byakugan rarely and kept it closed the rest of the time due to its large chakra consumtion."

"I think we need to give up on infiltrating the Terumi clan. It's not like someone from the Terumi clan will give us a complete tour of the estate." Daichi sighed.

Yami gave an innocent smile seeing which Hideki said "I have a bad feeling about this."

Yami looked at Hideki and said"Won't my Uncle gift the Terumi siblings some fruit baskets now that they brought me safely here?"

"You want me to go inside the Lion's den? What if AO uses gets suspicious and uses his byakugan on me? They all will know I am a shinobi." Hideki raised his concerns.

"The other way is go and openly tell the Terumi clan head that you are being sent by the hidden leaf to help out the bloodline clans." Yami shrugged. He wanted to push Hideki into exposing his identity.

'This kid...he planned on using us as bait the entire time.' Hideki realized.