Off to the hidden sand

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Kakashi and Guy along with their team quickly nodded accepting the mission that was just given to them. Kakashi turned everyone and said "All you go home and get ready for the mission. We will meet at the front gate in 30 mins. Make sure to bring supplies for desert terrain and also take double amount of food tablets as we won't be stopping for long and will continue traveling even at night."

Guy also nodded and said "You heard him Team Guyand get ready. We have to save the Kazekage." The team members nodded and left the office. While leaving, Kakashi tapped Sasuke and leaned forward near his ear, and said "There is a chance that we will come across Yami as well so bring his sword and the scroll with his belongings as well.

Sasuke nodded and left the office. After the 6 shinobis were gone to prepare for the mission, Shikamaru looked at Tsunade and said "Is there any way that Team Asuma can help in this Lady Tsunade?"

Tsunade shook her head and said "Since we don't have much information about what is happening or will happen, we can let all 4 squads go there. So for now Team Asuma and Team Kurenai will remain on standby. If need be, they will be sent as backups. Shikamaru I will leave the job of briefing Asuma and Kurenai about this.

Shikamaru nodded and then turned around to leave. He glanced at Temari who looked a little down. He walked a step near to her and said "Don't worry everything will be alright." As he left the room, Temari looked at Tsunade and asked "How reliable is this info?" Tsunade looked at her once and asked "Why do you ask that Temari? Both our villages have known the threat of the Akatsuki for more than a year now and we also know their aim. This won't be a big stretch to say that they have started executing their plans in the open now."

Temari nodded and said "I understandI will go back to the room and collect my belongings as well. I will see you at the gate Kakashi and Guy."

Kakashi nodded while Guy also gave her a thumbs up to cheer her. As they left, Guy asked "Even I am curious as to how Yami found that out." to which Tsunade shrugged but then Kakashi said "That's not the thing that has got me curious. What I am thinking is why Yami sent it to us."

"Huh? What do you mean? If he doesn't send it to us then who?" Tsunade asked.

"Yami is no idiot. He won't take a step until he knows it will have some impact. He knows that it will take more than 2 days to reach the hidden sand and even if we hurry we can't reach it before 24 hours. Then why would he send it to us knowing we won't be of any help?" Kakashi said.

"Kakashi I feel like you know the answer to your question already." Tsunade said. She also felt that the question and the explanation that Kakashi just gave was right. Yami would never think that the leaf shinobis would reach the hidden sand in time to even save the Kazekage in case the Akatsuki manage to kidnap them.

"I don't like to speculate Lady Tsunade so I will keep it to myself for now. But if I am right then those two squads you are preparing for our backup, we will need them sooner than you think." Kakashi said and left the room.

Guy who didn't understand what was even happening quietly followed Kakashi outside the office. When she was alone, she looked at the ceiling and said "Come down here."

The next second Itachi appeared in front of her and looked back at the door and said "Such a small thing and I missed it. Kakashi is right Lady Tsunade, the help we are sending won't be able to reach in time if the timeline Yami gave us is right."

Tsunade sat back on her chair and said "Yesmaybe but I can't just let 4 squads go to a mission blindly based on a half-assed note sent by your brother. Ughhthis kid is going to be a greater headache than Naruto."

"Then I'll go." Itachi said to which Tsunade looked up at him and said "No...that could be more dangerous. What if someone recognizes you there? We already had this conversation Itachi...and I am not going to have it again."

"Alright, but at least let me take advantage of the situation to do something else." Itachi said to which Tsunade asked "What do you mean?"

"Danzo has caused many problems even after the hidden mist war. I don't want him to do something now. I am sure that he will try to take advantage of the situation that the Akatsuki will be creating."

Tsunade thought for a few seconds and said "Don't leave the land of fire and whatever you do...don't let it come back to me. I don't even want to know what you are planning to do..." Itachi understood what she meant and left the office.

An hour later, both the teams along with Temari and Tsunade stood outside the gate. "I want all of you to understand that we must not let the Kazekage be harmed under any circumstances. And since all of you already know, Naruto is also a Jinchuriki so the Akatsuki might try to target him as well."

"Will we meet Yami there?" Lee asked. He was excited to see his past teammate and even have a fight with him if possible but even after 2 years, Yami hadn't come back.

"I am hoping for it as well." Tsunade muttered loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Kids let's go...we are not stopping unless there is an emergency so get ready." Kakashi said.

"Haha...don't worry Kakashi we will reach the hidden sand faster than anyone ever has. We will trump our last time's score." Guy said with confidence.

"You are right Guy sensei. We will break our own record and reach the hidden sand before 24 hours." Lee said and both the teacher and student took off in the direction of the hidden sand. The others looked around for a few seconds but they knew that these two overenthusiastic people won't stop for him so they also followed the two of them.

While the two Konoha teams had left for their mission, a storm was brewing in the hidden sand. Just as Tsunade and Itachi thought, Yami had sent a letter to Gaara as well. At first, Gaara and the other elders of the council didn't take it seriously when one of the shinobis said that it wasn't sent by a hawk but a big ferocious-looking bat, the mood immediately changed. Gaara and some of the elders immediately ordered countermeasures to be put in place. They knew that in the shinobi world, only one person can use bats as a summon.

"How are the preparations going?" Gaara asked to which Baki replied "We have increased the security at the border. Though we don't know how many people are planning to attack or what method they will use, we shouldn't be worried about the threat coming to us head on. As for inside the village, I didn't increase much of the patrol units as it may cause chaos and confusion among the common folks."

"That is good...I don't want the people to become nervous before anything even happens." Gaara said.

One of the elders who didn't have much confidence in Yami's letter asked "Kazekage sama I don't think we should pay so much attention to such a rumor. I mean we have predicted a sand storm to appear soon and in such weather, the enemy won't be able to travel in numbers. As long as you are in the village, I don't think there is anything to worry."

Another person at the table said "Kazekage-sama please permit me to go to the front gate and supervise our troops there. I don't want even the slightest negligence."

Gaara looked at the particular elder for a few seconds and nodded as he said "Do as you please elder Yura." He then looked at everyone in the village and said "In case someone does attack the village then focus on the safety of the people. I am strong enough to fend off my enemies."

While the entire meeting was going on, Kankuro was standing behind Gaara. He hadn't said a word as the news of his brother being under threat was more than enough to make him nervous.

"I know Gaara that no matter how much I tell you, you won't listen. I wish Temari was here right now then she would have convinced you." Kankuro said and left the office with Baki.

"Kazekage...You really took a leap in position there huh?" A voice came from behind Gaara as he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder.

Gaara looked to the side a little but didn't dare to make any sudden movements when he saw the blue eyes "Yami"