UGD: Watchful Eyes

As Yami along with Sasuke and Kakashi walked out of the Hokage building, Kakashi looked around and said "I don't think people are aware of the meeting or evening of the kidnapping."

Sasuke nodded and said "That is a good thing. Causing unnecessary panic won't do any good to us. Isn't that right, Yami?" Sasuke turned to his brother who was now looking at the sky.

"What's the matter?" Sasuke asked in confusion to which Yami shook his head and said "I am expecting a messenger bat. It should have come before we reached the village."

"What information are you waiting on? Is it related to the Akatsuki?" Sasuke asked. Knowing that everyone's priority right now was the Akatsuki, the question was viable.

Yami glanced at his elder brother and shook his head as he said "Not directly...but yes the Akatsuki are a part of that information."

Just as Yami was speaking, he suddenly looked up and saw a bat flying towards him. Without even stopping on Yami's hand, the bat opened his mouth and dropped a scroll onto Yami. Seeing that the drop was from some height, Kakashi decided to take a sneak peek into the contents of the scroll and so he stepped forward so that he could jump before the scroll lands and take it.

He knew that Yami wouldn't openly oppose Kakashi from taking the scroll but before Kakashi could even jump, Yami raised his hand in the sky and twisted his hands a bit creating a long thing vortex of air and the scroll that was freefalling just a moment ago, suddenly gained pace and gunned down toward Yami. The very next second, the scroll was in Yami's hand. The people around them didn't even notice the vortex since the power of the vortex was concentrated on the scroll. Just as the scroll landed in Yami's hands, a gale of wind spread in all directions.

'What was that? To be able to use chakra so efficiently at such an age is totally unthinkable. I just thought Yami had surpassed me by a small margin but if he can perform such tricks so smoothly, I guess he didn't fight with his real strength when we were against the Akatsuki.' Kakashi thought.

Yami opened the scroll and started reading the contents on it. Sasuke and Kakashi were curious as to what the contents were but before they could even ask, Yami rolled back the scroll and burned it to ash in his hands right away.

Dusting away his hands he just looked at the eyes that were directed to the ash in his hand.

"Is there anything you wish to do or should we head home?" Yami asked which broke Sasuke from his stupor.

"Huh? Yes...Yes, let's go home. I am tired anyway. We both need some rest so we can leave for our next mission." Sasuke said.

Saying their goodbyes to Kakashi, Yami and Sasuke left. Kakashi also looked around a bit and murmured "Being watched like this in my own village really sucks. I am sure she has some idea of it." and left.

For a few seconds, there was nothing out of the ordinary but another gale of wind passed by the street and all the ash disappeared with it.

As Yami and Sasuke were walking towards their clan area, Sasuke pointed at the gate and said "I see someone standing at the gate. Were you expecting someone to meet you here?" Yami just shook his head and he himself had no idea who had come to the clan gates. The chakra signature although extremely pure was unknown to Yami.

As they reached closer the face of the person became clear and it was a person both persons recognized. "Hanabi Hyuga...what bring you here?"Yami said as he looked at the girl just a year younger than her standing in front of him.

She was totally different from the last time he had seen her. In fact, she was looking different from the Hanabi in the canon. She looked more mature and strong. Her face and body language extruded confidence and strength rather than nervousness and timidness like before.