Terrorize the Bases

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

That's what I want..."Yami said and looked at Zabuza becoming more confused and continued "The ones I left alive already fear me now and will even have nightmares of mine...hehe...but it was necessary to make the others feel fear as well. When that happens, the stone and mist will realize that they have an enemy they don't know anything about. As humans, it's our tendency to fear the unknown. If the mist and stone think that it was an assault from the bloodline clans then they will retaliate by sending multiple squads to attack the bloodline clans" Yami stopped suddenly because he saw realization dawn on Zabuza's face and sure enough Zabuza completed his sentence.

"But now they will know that it was only one person, which will make them cautious, and at this time they won't attack the bloodline clans but take a step back and try to figure out your identity." Zabuza said.

"Are you perhaps developing a brain after becoming a human?" Yami smirked as he said that. By becoming a human he meant that when he saw Zabuza the first time wrapped in tape and speaking like a savage and attacking everyone in sight, he was more of an animal. Now that he had spent so much time with Haku and was roaming from village to village on Yami's orders, he had become more civilized and had started using his brains.

"But the base you just attacked is the smallest of them all...do you think it will be enough to convince Moji and Jiro to think about this together? They may decide to attack the bloodline clans together and get rid of one enemy. For the past few days, the bloodline clans have been launching small guerilla attacks on them anyways." Zabuza said. He knew how the Mizukage faction thought and they were pretty short-sighted so there was a high probability of that happening.

"Why do you think you are here then? One of my bats is already finding which of the 3 nearest bases to the base I attacked is providing backup...Once I find that out, you and I are going to attack that base. Tonight is going to be a long night Zabuza." Yami looked into the sky as if he was looking at his bat who had already gone far.

"You are a madman...how could you make such a crazy plan and now you are pulling me into it as well?" Zabuza said as he stepped back indicating that he didn't want to be a part of it.

"Zabuza does that mean you want to side with the Mizukage faction? Did you forget what they did to the bloodline clans over the past few years? You do know that Haku is also among them and it was them that annihilated his clan." Yami said making a serious face.

Zabuza immediately pointed at Yami and shouted "You asshole don't try to do that. I know you don't give a damm about what the Mizukage faction did or who suffered. You only care about things going your way. But I can't let Moji's people do this anymore. What do you want me to do?" Zabuza asked.

"Nothing much...just create chaos outside the base while I go inside and take care of them. You don't even need to kill anyone with your sword except those who try to leave the base to ask for help from another base. Just place a couple of explosive tags in the right places and run.

"But won't that be too slow as I am the only one doing this? Can't you have your clones do it for you?" Zabuza asked.

Yami nodded and said "Yes but the regular ones patrolling will get suspicious and if I even kill a few of them before the explosions, it won't take long in this climate for the smell of blood to spread."

Zabuza was about to ask something else but Yami looked up and saw a bat fly toward him. Yami lifted his hand on which the bat hung upside down. As the bat's summoner, Yami was able to understand what the bat wanted to say.

Yami pulled out the map from his pocket and pointed at one of the bases which were northeast of the one he had just attacked. "This is the base that sent reinforcements to the one I just attacked. Let's not waste time now." Yami said and started running without waiting for Zabuza's decision.

"What the hell" Zabuza cursed and followed Yami. After traveling for a few moments Yami suddenly stopped and signaled Zabuza to do the same. He made hand signs instead of saying something so Zabuza understood that there must be someone nearby. He also stopped and waited for Yami's further instructions.

Yami who was peeking through a few branches on top of a tree saw 3 squads standing in front of the base. They were all facing a man who was a stone shinobi while 2 of the 3 squads had hidden mist shinobis.

"I don't know where those bastards of the bloodline clans got the guts to do such an attack but you three squads are the 2nd and last batch of reinforcements I can spare for their tiny base. Find out who did it and which bloodline clan they belonged to. We will have our revenge within the next few days."

The three squads listened carefully and then left. The man also went back inside the base and even the people who opened the doors bowed to him.

'He must be the one in charge of this base. This is a middle-sized base. so there might be something they must be storing. Even normal food and medical supplies can prove to be useful in such war-like situations.' Yami thought.

"Do you know who that person was?" Yami whispered as he looked back at Zabuza to which the rogue mist shinobi shook his head.

Yami then turned back and started walking away from the base and said "Let's go and scout the base first."

Zabuza nodded and went in a different direction to scout the base while Yami scouted the other half of the base. After a few minutes, they met again and discussed their findings. After discussing all of that, they decided on a plan.

According to the plan, Zabuza spread the hidden mist technique near one of the least guarded places of the base. Seeing the mist spread the guards who were patrolling there, thought this was an attack from someone from the hidden mist and since they themselves were adaptable to moving in the mist, they entered the mist confidently.

As they entered, they felt that they had entered a whole new world...because they saw themselves standing in the middle of a large farm. They could see each other and even talk to each other.

"Where are we?"

"How did we get here?"

"I remember entering the mist...but after that I am here." he looked around at the open farm where the breeze was swaying the crops as well.

"I entered the mist too...do you think it is a space jutsu or an illusion?" another guard asked.

One guard touched the crops and looked at the setting sun and said "This all feels so real...I don't think it is a genjutsu.."

"But space jutsus are very rare and I don't remember anyone from the bloodline clans having it."a third guard said.

Suddenly all their attention was gathered by some buzzing sound. They looked in that direction and saw some insects flying over the crops. Within seconds the insects' quantity increased by several folds and it wouldn't be an understatement to call them a swarm. The buzzing sound became louder as the swarm got bigger and came closer to the guards.

"What are these insects?"

"Why do they make so much noise? They are just harmless locusts."

One of the guards blocked his ears with his hands as the sound had gotten louder than he could take.

" I think we should all run...whatever they are they don't look or sound friendly." another guard said and started running in the opposite direction....the others also followed him but when they looked back they saw that the swarm was getting closer and closer the sky that was yellow and orange due to the sunset was not getting darker as the swarm was covering it.

Not long after the guards were surrounded by the swarm of locusts...By this time, the guards had realised one more critical thing...they were unable to use or even feel chakra...

They pulled out their weapons from their pockets and began to group together and started to attack the locusts but it was hard to kill such a small insect and the effect was negligible because the locusts were in millions so killing a few made no difference.

On a hill at some distance from the open field, 2 figures were standing...Zabuza and Yami.