Captives

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Hearing the loud shout, Daichi wasn't going to stop but he recognized it to be AO's voice so he looked sideways and saw AO holding a slightly injured Daiki. Seeing that his brother was already caught, Daichi knew he couldn't attack any further so he stopped and jumped back.

"It is good that you stopped or else your brother would have lost his life" AO said.

Both the brothers had abandoned their disguises in hopes that the guards won't target someone with a different face but the mist shinobis had someone who can recognize people by their chakra signature. AO had caught Daiki easily and with him, as a hostage, he could now stop Daichi in his tracks.

A Shinobi landed beside AO and whispered something in his ear. AO glanced at the brothers as he listened to what the mist shinobi said. After the mist shinobi stopped whispering and stood back along with the other shinobis AO looked at Daichi and said "You only knocked the people unconscious and didn't kill them which already makes your crime only trespassing."

Daichi dropped his kunai and said "We hold no ill will toward the hidden mist."

AO frowned as he heard that. He expected the twins to be someone from the Moji faction and that they didn't kill the guard or servants because in the end, they are from the same village. But according to what Daichi just said, he talked as if he didn't belong to this village.

AO turned toward a shinobi standing at his side and said "Take him in cuffs as well. We will take these two to the main mansion and the Patriarch and Miss Mei will decide what to do with them."

Another shinobi who seemed to be the same age as AO looked at him and asked "We normally handle spying matters among ourselves. Why are we taking them to the Patriarch? We can't bother the higher-ups with Moji's disposable pawns."

AO looked at the man and said in a stern voice "I don't think things are this simple. Do as I say and take them directly to the main clan and put high-quality chakra-suppressing cuffs on them. Don't consider them normal spies. I have always done things according to my intuition and it is never wrong."

AO then called another shinobi from the group and said "Go and get every Terumi family member whether from the main clan or branch clan to safety and have Miss Mei come to the main mansion as well. Order the border guards to close all gates and double the security. There might be more spies that came with these two."

The spy nodded and body flickered out. This was the same spy that came to Mei and the others and informed them about 2 spies being caught.

_________________________

Present time

Terumi Estate

Hideki looked at the serious mood around him. He wanted to get out of this mess as soon as possible.

'I leave to get away from these people and find clues about who the two spies are. Going with them is risky as I won't be able to match up the strength even half that of Mei Terumi. I need to sneak into the main mansion.' Hideki thought. He knew that now going in front of the Patriarch and worst off AO is like committing suicide.

Hideki leaned toward Chojuro and said "I think I should leave now. Things seem pretty serious here."

Chojuro shook his head and said "All the gates must be closed by now and no one is allowed to leave. Come with us and you will be safe. Don't worry."

Mei along with her siblings also heard what Chojuro said and chose not to comment on it which was like a silent approval.

"Let's go everyone." Mei said and started walking in the direction of the main mansion. The others also followed her including Hideki. As he was walking he saw the security in the estate had gotten tighter and everyone was fully equipped for a battle.

'Seeing the state the village is in, they must have been ready to get into a full-blown war with the Mizukage faction. They are ready as if the Mizukage faction is marching here with its army.' Hideki thought seeing the well-prepared shinobis.

After a few seconds, they reached the main mansion which was a big mansion of red and blue in color and had the Terumi crest flag on all sides. The security outside the mansion gate was even more than the other places.

As they reached the gates, the Shinobi that had informed Mei turned toward one of the other shinobis and asked "How is the situation inside?"

The shinobi glanced at the open door and said "Sir AO took the two spies inside the mansion a few minutes ago. Santo along with Enko and Elder Wu has also gone in."

Mei nodded and continued to walk in. Chojuro signaled Hideki to follow him and just like that Hideki who didn't even want to come in front of anyone from the main Terumi clan was now standing inside their mansion.

As Hideki and the others entered, Hideki's heart sunk low as he saw his two students standing in the middle of the hall with their hands cuffed. Being their teacher he wanted to jump in and save them but he knew they were big enough to take care of themselves so he won't need to act unless there is no other way.

Hideki looked at them properly and saw both of them only had superficial injuries. He sighed in relief seeing that they didn't need urgent medical attention or anything.

'Why are these two even here? And did that little monster also come here?' Hideki was thinking when his train of thought was broken by the sound of heavy footsteps. Hideki looked at the very end of the hall and saw the Patriarch of the Terumi clan walk to his chair and sit down. He had big broad shoulders, auburn hair, fierce-looking eyes, and wore one ring on each finger of his hands.

"AO since it is you who insisted on putting the entire estate on alert and you caught the spies, you will start the hearing today." the Terumi clan Patriarch said in a heavy tone.