Kana's Worry

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Everyone turned toward the door to see why such an important meeting was being disturbed. The Patriarch glanced at Mei who nodded and said "Father I will see what is happening...you carry on here. Kana, Santo follow me."

Kana and Santo quickly stepped forward and walked with Mei toward the door. As Mei opened the door she saw one of the guards had a troubled expression on his face. The guard looked at Mei and glanced to the side as he said "Young miss Mei, sorry was interrupting the meeting but I think you need to hear this."

Mei frowned as she heard this and looked in the direction where the guard had just glanced. She saw 3 mist shinobis who were injured standing to the side. She didn't know what happened as small scuffles between them and the Mizukage faction was a common thing. She stepped out of the hall followed by the 2 siblings. Kana closed the door behind her back and stepped outside as well.

Mei looked at the 3 shinobis and asked "Why are you here? If you are injured you should go to the hospital quickly."

The 3 shinobis glanced at each other until one of them decided to answer "Miss Mei we were patrolling the Kozu village and everything was peaceful as the village is one of our safe zones but now it was attacked. The ones who attacked the village were all powerful and we didn't even know where they came from. They covered the entire village in mist. Even we who use the same technique found it hard to see.

Kana's eyes widened as he heard this "Have the Mizukage faction launched a preemptive strike?"

Mei shook her head and said "Don't jump to conclusions Kana and let him finish."

The guard nodded and said "We all did try to fight back and surprisingly a few of them were taken down but in the end, we were no match for him. Though our losses were low we don't know what they are doing beyond the fog. We all alerted the nearby checkpoint and surrounded the village but we didn't find any army supporting from the back."

Mei nodded and said "This doesn't make much sense. Only the Anbu or some of the seven swordsmen have the ability to do that. No...they must definitely be Anbu"

Santo stepped forward and looked at Mei as he said "Sister Mei could it be that this is a focused attack? They might have some kind of objective."

"But brother Santo what could they get by attacking a small village so deep in our territory? We don't keep any of our rations or weapons there. It is just a normal village." Kana asked Santo.

Mei was also thinking the same thing until she suddenly realized something and mumbled "It could be..." The siblings and the guards were confused but Mei didn't pay any attention to them and turned back. She opened the doors of the hall instantly which made a loud noise that made everyone fall silent.

Even Hideki and the Patriarch looked at her. Mei walked forward toward Hideki and asked "Hideki which village do you live in?"

Hideki didn't understand why Mei would ask such a question and this puzzled the Patriarch as well.

"What's the problem, Mei?"

"Father just a minute...Hideki tell me fast which village you live in."

As this wasn't any big secret Hideki quickly said "I live in Kozu village. Why, what's the matter?"

Kana and Santo who were confused up until now looked at each other which shocked them as they understood that this could be related to Hideki somehow.

Mei looked at her father and said "The Mizukage faction sent the Anbu squad to attack the Kozu village. We don't know why but..."

The Patriarch nodded and said "Maybe they found out about your identity Hideki which is why they have attacked the village you are in. It can't be a coincidence."

'The Patriarch is right but how did they know where I live? I have never had any leaks that would expose my location. And the fact that they sent an Anbu means the source is credible.' Hideki thought.

"Luckily Hideki and his students are here. So the Anbu will have to return disappointed." AO said as he looked at the twins. Kana quickly walked ahead toward Hideki and asked "Yuta...what about Yuta? where is he?"

Hideki who was already worried about his and his student's situation suddenly realized that he had a monster tucked away in that house.

'I hope he can handle those Anbu...With his genjutsu prowess, I hope he can at least escape.' Hideki thought.

"uh...Yuta is still in the village." Hideki said in a grave tone.

Kana looked at Mei with a panicked expression and said "Sister Mei we need to go to Kozu village right away."

Mei wasn't someone who would make decisions on the fly so she looked at her father for attention. The Patriarch was definitely going to send someone who finds out what is happening inside Kozu village so he nodded to Mei going with Kana."

Toru and Nana who were standing at the side watching all this also wanted to go but Enko blocked them and whispered "I know you want to help Kana but this is too dangerous. The Anbu are people even I am not sure of dealing with.

They both understood the graveness of the situation and held back themselves. They didn't have much interaction with Yuta but none of them wanted a 12-year-old kid to die for no reason.

Hideki looked at the Patriarch and said "Can I go with them as well? I want to meet my nephew as well. I am worried about him."

He wanted to go and cover up for Yami if needed. He wasn't stupid enough to disclose Yami's identity to them as Yami being young was his biggest advantage. People will tend to underestimate him like Hideki once did and this could change the tide of the battle.

The Patriarch shook his head and said "I cannot allow this Hideki. Unless we have come to a conclusion, you and your students can't step out of this estate.