The Chinoike Clan Leader

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

As Yami was going toward the clan leader's house, he used the stealth skill taught by Bora to reach the center of the village. He could easily transform into someone but since the clan is already small and isolated, one unknown face could attract the eyes of everyone around.

After a minute or so with a few detours, Yami managed to reach near the house of the clan leader. The one advantage that Yami had was since the clan was isolated for such a long time, they had no knowledge or experience in fighting with shinobis from other clans. Yami decided to do a recon first and look around the house from the outside. There were two guards outside the front gate and 2 outside the back gate. The house had a floor built on the ground floor as well. Yami jumped on a tree nearby the house and stood on a sturdy branch.

From there he could see inside the house. Even though the window was closed, there was a room inside with a small table and 4 chairs, a kitchen, and a shelf with plenty of books and scrolls on it.

For a few minutes, the entire room was empty. He didn't want to use his sensing capabilities to probe the clan leader as it could easily backfire. Since he is a clan leader, he might find out that someone's chakra is trying to sense him.

Just as Yami thought of finding some other place to peek inside and get a jist of the number of people inside the house, he saw a sturdy old man walking inside the room.

'Judging by the kimono he is wearing, I guess he is the clan leader.' Yami thought as he looked at the sturdy old man. The clan leader went to the kitchen and took out two cups. He then picked up a teapot kept nearby and poured tea into both of them. One thing that seemed odd was that the tea was almost black in color.

After filling the two cups he picked them and placed them on the table at opposite sides. Yami guessed that the clan leader must have prepared for some guest if he was going this far to pour it himself.

Yami wanted to see who the guest was. He was almost sure that it must be one of the elders who came here to change the clan leader's mind about Shiro's proposal.

After setting the tea, he opened the window and sat in front of one of the teacups. 'He isn't going to wait for the other person who he poured the tea for?'

After taking a sip, the clan leader sighed and said "Come in outsider. If you are visiting me, I would love to show you hospitality."

Yami frowned as he heard that. He knew that the technique Bora had taught him was top-notch and would not be uncovered by someone weaker than Yami.

Yami decided not to make a move and see how things were going to play out. But then the clan leader looked at Yami and said "The tea will get cold if you don't come in. My old bones have no interest in getting in a fight with you."

Now that the man had looked in Yami's direction without any hesitation, Yami understood that he had been caught and there was no use delaying or denying the inevitable.

He jumped from the tree onto the edge of the window railing crouching a little to fit inside the square hole and said "I am not going to be rude and reject a cup of tea."

The clan leader glanced at Yami and then again looked back at his tea. Yami jumped inside the room and sat on the chair in front of the other tea cup. He looked at the black-colored tea and didn't even touch the teacup.

"Don't worry...due to the red water here..the color is like that but I ensure the taste is exquisite as well." the clan leader said calmly.

Yami took the tea cup in hand and brought it closer to his nose first and sniffed twice. Surprisingly, the tea smelled really good. Even if his enhanced senses, he couldn't find anything inside the tea that could prove him harmful

Yami took a sip and surprisingly it tasted good as well.

Yami nodded after the sip and said "It really tastes good. Out of all the places I visited, no one had such good coffee."

A small smile appeared on the clan leader's face and then he gulped down the rest of the tea from his cup instantly.

"I have so many questions...who, where, and why. I hope you have no problem answering them." the clan leader said as he placed both his hands on the table.

As soon as he did that his cup was on the table and the table itself started vibrating a little. Yami understood that this was because of the chakra the clan leader was keeping around himself that it exerted physical pressure on the things around him.

The clan leader expected Yami to be intimidated by this but to his surprise, Yami smiled and said "Alright...since you were able to spot me I will answer a few questions of yours but I want to know how you sensed me. You can tell me after I answer your questions."

"For a kid still wet behind his ears, you are impressive. I thought that you were from Yugakure. A kid whose curiosity got the best of him but now it seems like I was mistaken. That cockiness cannot be of someone who would be from the peace-loving Yugakure."

The main reason for the chinoike clan to come and settle in this valley was that they knew that the Yugakure village was not as ambitious like the other hidden villages and they had no intention of expanding or subduing the Chinoike clan by storming the valley.

"I don't hear any questions and I don't have a lot of time to waste on you or your clan." Yami said looking outside the window. It was almost afternoon now and the kids were now going from the training hall to their homes.

"Forget about going back kid...that ain't gonna happen. But still tell me your name, clan name and village. Of course, I will need to know the purpose of you coming here but it would be hard to trust your words on that question so I might have to use alternate means." The clan leader said and the chakra around him riled up even more. The cup burst outwards making small pieces of it fly around. The pressure of chakra around the room also increased and the biggest change was the eyes. The clan leader activated his Ketsuryugan.

The clan leader was sure that now the kid in front of him would be scared shitless when his complete power has been on display but he saw that the kid was unaffected. The clan leader was shocked by this and was about to ask how it is even possible but then he noticed the change himself. The chakra in the room was off the charts now and the clan leader was the one feeling the pressure.

A frown appeared on his face as he touched his forehead and noticed that the kid in front of him had made him nervous. He had a smirk on his face because he couldn't remember the last time someone made him feel like that but the smile on his face froze when he saw the kid's eyes change.

"You are an Uchiha?" the clan leader asked but his tone was slightly higher than before and he even stood up in shock.

"Yami Uchiha...hidden leaf village... sit down...we have things to discuss." Yami said in a serious tone. The clan leader was about to say something but then he noticed that the pressure on him was increasing severalfold and the things around the room started to shake. This was noticed by the guards downstairs.

"Clan leader, what's wrong?" a voice came from downstairs and two guards came up. As they came up, they looked at the clan leader first and then at the kid in front of him.

Before they could even ask who Yami was Yami looked at them and their movements stopped and they stood still. Then one of them shouted "Everything is alright up here. The clan leader is just training."

Then they both went down and the shaking of things also stopped. The clan leader looked back at Yami and said "A genjutsu this strong, you truly are a monster from the Uchiha...why are you here? Does your clan wish to attack us even when our numbers are this low and we haven't done anything?"

Yami shook his head and said "I want you to convince most of your elders to agree to Shiro's proposal.