Docking at the blood Mist

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

One Day Ago

Hidden Mist Village

The Market of the hidden mist was full of people and all kinds of them. From merchants to civilians, to shinobis. The market had a big poster hung on top of it which had two lines. One line had the blood mist written on it and was crossed with a red line and the other line was the hidden mist written on it. This was the market that belonged to the clans which opposed the Mizukage's faction. By the sheer amount of things being bought and sold in the market, it was clear that people were preparing to collect supplies and the situation wasn't as stable as it looked on the surface.

Among these shops, there was one grocery shop that only had apples. Like the other shop owners, the man behind the counter who looked like he was in his late thirties and had a goatee wasn't calling out the customers. He was only sitting behind the counter polishing the apples with a cloth.

After a few seconds, 2 men who looked in their mid-twenties approached the shop and asked "How much for 6 apples?" to which the shopkeeper replied "300 Ryo."

One of the customers picked an apple and started looking at it from all angles and then said "I would like to see the ones in the warehouse."

The shopkeeper nodded and signaled them to go in from the side. He then put up a sign saying 'closed' and picked up the basket of apples to go in from the side as well. The inside was like a typical house with a bed, table, and other stuff.

The Shopkeeper placed the basket of apples to the side and said "What made the two of you come here?" his demeanor instantly changed from a polite shopkeeper to a superior.

"The new Hokage has sent a letter and by seeing the seal on it I can say that it is pretty important." one of the men said.

The shopkeeper caressed his goatee and said "Hmm...looks like Lady Tsunade is taking the matter regarding the hidden mist seriously. At least our work so far hasn't been wasted. Give me the scroll and I will see what she wants to say."

The 2 men looked at each other and with a puff of smoke, their transformation technique was undone. They both looked like poor villagers all this time now appeared to be 2 men in their early twenties. They both looked exactly the same.

"Daichi Daiki no matter how much I see the two of you. You both look the same. I thought growing up as twins, you both will start to look different." the shopkeeper said.

Both the men smiled as one of them said " Hideki Sensei we were lucky enough to get chosen for the same genin team and then even got this mission together and we think us looking the same and being in sync is our main strength." This man was none other than Daichi. He then looked at his brother Daiki, who took a scroll from his pocket and handed it over to Hideki.

These three were none other than Konoha spies living in the blood mist. Hideki looked at the scroll and then at the brothers and asked "Do the other 7 know about it?" to which Daichi shook his head and said "No we haven't informed them about the arrival of this scroll. We didn't want to get their hopes up."

Hideki nodded and proceeded to unseal the scroll. He started reading it and his expression kept changing from happiness to anger to confusion. He had an annoyed expression by the time he finished reading it. He directly burned the scroll on the spot. Seeing Hideki lose his temper, Daichi and Daiki became worried "Is it not good news sensei?" Daiki asked.

Hideki sighed and said "In a way yes. Hokage-sama wants the Mizukage's faction to lose and we need to help the opposing faction openly if necessary. The thing is Hokage sama has named a newly appointed jonin as the one to lead the mission and all of us need to follow his instructions."

Daiki quickly asked "Sensei...no one knows about the things here better than you? You should be the one to lead the mission."

Daichi patted his brother's shoulder and said "Daiki the new Hokage doesn't even know sensei personally so how is she supposed to leave a mission just like that."

Hideki nodded and said "He is right Daiki. Don't jump to conclusions quickly like that. I don't have a problem with following the instructions of a Jonin but....this guy is a newly appointed Jonin and is only 10 years old."

"WHAT" Daiki and Daichi both instantly stood up. "When did our village make kids of 10-year-old Jonin? When we were 10 years old, we were still in the academy trying to make a clone of us that can at least stand upright for 30 seconds." Daiki said.

Hideki smirked and said "Daiki our village is known to create prodigies and this kid may be one of them but making him a jonin and then sending him to lead a mission like this seems like too much. I will need to test this kid before even making him a part of this mission."

------------------------------------

Present time

Hidden mist port where Terumi ship docked.

As the Ship stopped by the port, the shinobis on the ship became alert. They knew that this port belonged to the Terumi clan but they had to be sure that there is no looming danger like the ambush that they faced last time in the sea.

They looked down at the port and saw mist shinobis standing with weapons ready and 3 people in the middle surrounded by guards. The Shinobis on the ship sighed in relief when they saw that the guards protecting the group had Terumi crest on their clothes.

"They are the Terumi family guards. I don't think there is any danger for us to go out." Enko said as he looked around. Wu also agreed with Enko's observation so he instructed everyone to put their weapons down and exit the ship.