UGD: Negotiating with the Old Coot

But the response Kurotsuchi and Onoki expected never came. In fact they heard the sounds of boots going from one side of the table to the other. Yami sat in the empty chair which was just opposite the old man. He had Kurotsuchi on his left side now and Onoki on his right side.

Kurotsuchi who couldn't understand what was happening and why her guard was not obeying orders, suddenly felt her chair turn toward the chair the sound had stopped. Yami was rotating the chairs on both his sides so that Kurotsuchi and Onoki could look straight at him.

"Kurotsuchiyou still haven't realized? This guard of yours Shin, he is the one who has done this to us." Onoki said as he looked at Yami furiously.

"What? Do you mean to say that Shin is a traitor? How could you do this to your own village? Such cowardicelet me get back moving againthen I will tear you apart." Kurotsuchi cursed.

Yami who was still in his transformation jutsu smiled and said "If I have immobalized the two of you like this, why do you think you will be alive when the effect of this chemical wears off."

Kurotsuchi who had never faced something like this went pale as she heard Yami's words. It was obvious that instead of being furious, she was now afraid.

"You used my granddaughter to come to me and even mixed a paralyzing agent in my food which was so sophisticated that even my brother couldn't identify it after consuming it. For some no-name shinobi like you, this is not possible. Which means someone else has put you up to this. Who is it?" Onoki asked.

"You have done so many bad deeds in the other villages Who do you think hates you the most?" Yami asked. He didn't just want to toy with Onoki but there was something he wished to achieve out of this discussion.

Kurotsuchi who had regained her wits after a short break quickly said "The Hidden Mistit must be them. They have been awfully quiet for the past 2-3 years after the civil war. They must be using this time to recover their lost strength and strike back against us."

Yami looked at Kurotsuchi with a smile and turned his head back at Onoki as he asked "Do you think the same as well Lord Onoki?"

"NOI don't think the Hidden Mist is capable of this. Even though they do hate us the most for fanning the flames in their territorial affairs and also some one my squad leaders teamed up with cultists to destroy them, this isn't them. They wouldn't take such a big gamble especially when all bets are put on one shinobi and that too a potential traitor." Onoki concluded. Yami was impressed by how Onoki predicted the kind of attack the hidden mist and if they would risk a war or not based on the actions of a single shinobi.

"Grandpa but there could be more of the traitors helping Shin. Maybe he let hidden mist shinobis inside our walls to keep the guards around this out away." Kurotsuchi said.

"Nothe atmosphere outside is normal and the fact that Shin himself is looking at the door every few seconds, I guess he doesn't have any support and is here all on his own. If you wanted to kill me or even torture me, you would have started already. You also haven't killed my brother which means you don't want to spill blood and make me your enemy unless it is necessary. You either need information or something else from me so speak." Onoki said arrogantly.

"Even though you are just a frail old man who can die even if I push you with my finger, you still haven't changed your attitude, old man." Yami said as he leaned toward the table. He then pulled out a kunai and placed it close to Kurotsuchi's neck which caused the Grandfather to sweat a little.

"Lord Onoki, even if what you are saying is right. How do I know that you will keep your word and won't back out once you are in complete health? You could just vaporize me with particle style."