Counter Attack Part 1

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Eiji just kept looking at Yami. He wanted to get up and prove Yami wrong but he couldn't. He couldn't control even a single finger. Except for his head, his entire body was full of cuts.

"Why didn't you just kill me? When you killed the blood squad member, I understood that I can't be a match for youbut I couldn't even find a single opening to escape." Eiji said as stared at the ground.

Yami pulled his head up by his collar and said "You have betrayed the village so I can't just kill you so easily or the questions that will be asked to you, will be asked to me. And as for escaping, even if you would have tried, it would be a foolish move but I do admit it would be intriguing to hunt you like an animal."

Seeing how the kid was talking, Eiji started to feel more scaredhe expected some righteous words from Yami but he didn't get anything like that.

"A-Are you going to kill the blood squad as well?" Eiji asked hesitantly.

Yami shrugged and said "You have arranged them for me with so much care so how could I decline the warm welcome?"

"T-They aren't as weak as him.." Eiji chuckled. Even hanging between life and death, he hadn't lost the spunk he had in him.

Yami didn't say anything and dropped him back on the ground. He put his hand in Eiji's shirt and pulled out a scroll and stepped back. When Eiji saw this, his eyes widened and he tried to crawl toward Yami. Seeing this Yami laughed a little and said "hehelooks like this scroll means a lot to you. I will keep this then."

Yami then picked up Eiji and placed him in the deepest corner of the cave. He also summoned the same red-eyed ferocious looking bat that had delivered the letter to Hideki.

"Make sure he doesn't go anywhere and if anyone does come then attack. I have gagged his mouth and sealed his chakra points, so he won't be able to scream or even use chakra."

The bat squealed and flew at the ceiling of the cave. Yami then left the cave and started to run toward the meeting point where the blood squad was now preparing for the ambush. Yami didn't want to risk going against them head on so he decided to take them on one by one. He used his enhanced senses to spot a few that were patrolling the coast. Yami quickly and stealthily got close enough to one of them. He couldn't attack the man directly from this far but could at least see him properly and make an appropriate plan. Just as the man turned his back toward Yami, Yami launched an attack on him. He unsheathed his sword and sped up toward him. He didn't use much chakra so the man didn't even detect it until it was too late. In the end, Yami was able to pierce his sword into the man's heart without even a single sound. Yami quickly ejected the hidden chakra blade from his other hand and shoved it into the man's throat destroying his sound pipe. The man died instantly without knowing who killed him.

Yami killed the other guy with the same technique. He discarded the idea of disguising himself as one of the dead members because Hari was smart enough to know the difference between his team and an outsider who was posing as his team member. Each member of the blood squad also communicated using different codes to confirm whether the one standing in front of them was really a member or not.

While Yami was thinking about his next step, Hari had almost set up his people around the exact meeting area. "Blood 2,3,4, and 5 you all will be the ones to initiate the fight while me, 6,7,8, and 9 will attack once he tries to counter your attack. Blood 10,11, and 12 will stand at three ends of the meeting place. Remember you three will have to stay hidden. Once the ambush starts, you three will start the formation. We must make sure that he doesn't escape the center and gets trapped in the formation."

Everyone nodded and shouted "As you command Blood 1"

Hari was confident in his plan and was now waiting for blood 13 and 14 to give the signal that someone is arriving. Both of them may not be the strongest but were the fastest and were sensors as well so there was no chance for them to fail, or so Hari thought. Yami had already killed them both and they had failed to even sense Yami or his attack. Yami's technique to not even let a single wisp of chakra leak from his body made him invisible now.

As Hari was giving other instructions, he suddenly took out his kunai and threw it up in the air. All the other blood squad members looked at him confused to which Hari replied "I thought I sensed someone watching from abovemust have been a mistake." The blood squad members nodded and continued with their discussion.

But Yami who was sitting at a distance knew it wasn't a mistake. Hari had managed to sense one of his bats even so late in the night. 'Now this is really not what I expected. Only a quasi-Kage or higher should be able to sense it but Hari spotted it. Luckily the bat tilted at the last moment dodging the kunai or else it would have been wounded or even died. Let's create a small chaos first and get rid of the ones who are putting up the formation. I don't know what it is capable of doing so one of them will be my first target.' Yami thought and created two clones that looked exactly like the other 2 that he had just killed. He then sent the two of them toward Hari and his group. Both of them coming to the group at the same time would be suspicious but Yami didn't care about it.

Hari's group who had almost finished planning everything looked in two different directions and saw two of their members come in.

"Blood 13, 14 why are you two here?" one of the squad members asked.

Both of them came close to the group near Hari and said " We found some people coming in this direction."

Hari who already had a frown on his face looked at them for a few seconds and asked "Why are you reporting to me then?" Both the clones didn't know what to say but they knew there were instantly caught because all the other members unsheathed their weapons.

"I don't know who you two are but 13 and 14 report to blood 2 and not me." Hari said and was about to attack one of the clones when the two clones dashed to the nearest squad member.

Everyone thought these two were going to attack the two they dashed at but their eyes glowed blue and they suddenly burst with a blast of lightning chakra. Hari easily shielded himself with the broadsword in his hand but the others weren't that lucky. The ones that the clones dashed close to, had lightning penetrate their body which didn't kill them but made them injured enough that they would be a problem for Yami. The others were also a little injured with Hari and 2 others who perfectly protected themselves.

"THE AMBUSH HAS FAILEDGet Ready everyone" Hari shouted. Yami was watching this from behind a tree while his hand was inside the chest of another blood squad member crushing his heart.

Yami pulled out his bloody hand from the man's chest and said "Now let's see how they start the formation."

Yami activated his Sharingan which attracted the attention of Hari and the others. The bright red eyes in the dark night stood out clearly and Yami knew that now that their plans had gone to waste, they will attack together. Seeing them run toward him, Yami also ran toward them. Seeing the person running toward them was just a kid, the squad members looked at Hari in confusion. They weren't hesitant to kill a kid or anything but wanted to confirm if this was an illusion or not. After all, the man was known for his genjutsu.

"To me, it looks real so attack it. Even if it is an illusion, we will deal with it." Hari said and the squad members continued running. They also saw Yami's bloodied hands and clothes and understood that some of their squad mates were dead already. They were about to reach Yami when they saw purple lightning cover his sword and blue lightning chakra cover his body.

The next second the kid in front of them disappeared and they heard a scream. The guys who were leading the rush toward Yami looked back from where the scream came from and saw Yami had cut one of their squad mates right from the middle.

"Catch me if you can." The kid said with an evil smile on his innocent face.