Rest Was Needed

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Hidden Mist

Kozu Village

Yami disguised as a merchant was having lunch in a tavern in Kozu Village. At first, he was going to the underground prison to tell Hideki and the twins what to do next but after hearing that an envoy from the Mizukage faction was having a meeting with the bloodline factions, Yami decided to change the plan.

'The atrocities the Mizukage faction has committed against the bloodline clans will never be forgiven so I am sure that negotiations are going to fail. But I am sure that Moji knows this too. Maybe he wasn't just trying to leverage Yuta against the bloodline factions but wanted more time. I can't let that happen. When Lady Tsunade sends backup, I will no longer be in the commanding position. I need to do something.' Yami was planning what to do.

He wanted to find out what had happened in the meeting but that would be too risky to do at such times. It would have been hard for even him to enter the prison and meet Hideki because Yami didn't know that the old man was already suspecting something.

After a few minutes, Yami went to the reception and asked "Do you have a room available for a few days?"

The receptionist who was a woman in her forties looked at Yami's disguise who didn't look too poor nor too rich and said "100 Ryo for 1 day but if you take it for a week then you can get it for 550 Ryo."

"Sounds good." Yami said and paid the money to the receptionist. He then took the keys and went upstairs to his room. He used enhanced senses to find out what kind of people live on his floor. Luckily except for a few travelers, all the other rooms were empty. He went to his own and said "I better get a good sleep...tonight is going to be a long night."

After that Yami went to sleep. He was already exhausted from fighting those fanatics of Jashin. After a few hours, Yami woke up. He understood that he had slept for at least 6-7 hours because the entire room was dark. Yami stood up from his bed and went to the window. It pulled the curtains aside and saw that it was already late evening.

"Doing so many things on my own is really tiring." Yami said as he saw the market lit with lamps and people buying and selling stuff. Yami freshened up and went down to the diner of the tavern and sat in a corner. He also saw a few mist shinobis sitting in the tavern talking. From the insignia on their chest, he was sure that they were from the bloodline clans and the people around them also didn't seem nervous which was another confirmation.

Yami ordered his food and started eating it while listening to what the guards were saying. The guards weren't idiotic enough to say something truly important out in the open but from their talks, Yami understood that the bloodline clans had sped up their preparations for the conflict.

Yami sighed in relief as he heard this. He was afraid that the conflict would be delayed but now he was happy to know that it was going in the direction he wants. Yami then paid his bill and left the tavern. Instead of walking on the well-lit road of the market, Yami went into the jungle. After walking for 15-20 minutes he stopped walking. While leaning on a tree he pulled out a folded piece of paper from his pocket. As he open the paper it seemed like a map. There were many markings on the map. Some were green while the others were Red.

On top of each marking, there was a range of numbers written. 'It is good that I took the important documents with me when the mist shinobi Anbus came to kidnap me. These maps were made by Hideki and the other spies. It contains the locations of enemy and ally bases. The ones in green are the bases that belong to the bloodline clans while the red ones belong to the Mizukage faction.