UGD: Back to the Hidden Sand

As Tobi saw Zetsu appear in the room, he stopped talking and looked down. Zetsu who had already spectated the entire fight said "The battle was totally unexpected. I didn't expect there to be a battle when we have hostages. But as I previously said, it wasn't a good idea to go in front of Yami Uchiha with your crippled body."

"I don't have time to listen to your advice. Have you found Orochimaru? I need to get my arm back and he is the only one who can do that." Tobi asked to which the black part of Zetsu smiled and said "Yes but he didn't seem too friendly when I tried to get in contact with him. I think you might need to go there yourself. You have to recover and then meet with the Kages. You can't go in front of them all in such a state."

"I know...where is Nagato?" Tobi asked to Zetsu shook his head and said "He went to rest. His body is not able to handle the pressure that is being put on him. He needs to get ready for the fight at the hidden leaf if the Kages don't accept our proposal."

"It's not an if but when. The Kages are a prideful bunch, especially the Kazekage and TsuchiKage. They would never agree to a deal like this...and since my Kamui doesn't work against Yami, I am not as invincible as I used to be. But I don't think that will last long. The day of the meeting, some enemies are going to turn into our allies." Tobi said with a smile.

"Things have already been pretty slow and we haven't been able to utilize Nagato properly yet. If we delay any further than this, he might not like it so I'd suggest you hurry. Nagato will probably be furious when he hears about Konan, you will need to handle that emotional fool well." Zetsu said.

"Haven't I handled him pretty well up until now? I will take care of him. He is a useful piece and we can't afford to lose him." Tobi said as he put his mask back on and disappeared in his Kamui space.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Inside the Kamui space. (10 mins earlier)

Since Kiba was the only one who could communicate with the ninja dog, everyone else had to wait.

As Akamaru was barking in a low tone, Kiba kept nodding at intervals. After a few seconds, Akamaru stopped and Kiba looked up at Kurenai.

"What did Akamaru say? What is happening outside?" Kurenai asked impatiently to which Kiba replied

"Sensei, Akamaru said that the masked man took him to the outside world where there were a few more Akatsuki members as well. They were all faced with Kakashi and Might Guy's squad along with the Kazekage and a few sand shinobis. The masked man threatened them to return and arrange a meeting with all the Kages or we the hostages would be killed."

"That seems like a logical play for the Akatsuki since a few of their members who attacked the hidden sand were injured by Yami and the sand shinobis." Shikamaru said and Asuma nodded.

"What happened after that?" Ino asked with a worried face.

Kiba looked a little more saddened as he said "Before our leaf and sand squads could even discuss anything, Yami started to attack the Akatsuki. After that Akamaru doesn't know anything because he was taken back in by the masked man."

"What? Why would Yami do something like this?" Ino asked with a confused tone as she looked at Asuma.

Shikamaru tapped Ino's shoulder and said "Hostage situations normally end with the death of the Hostages. No one would just give up the leverage especially if they are a terrorist organization who don't care what the people think about them. Even if Yami and the others had backed off and accepted their conditions, there was no guarantee that the Akatsuki would have kept their word."