A Fateful Storm

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Riko looked at the old man and said "Old man, Ji is right. Now that Yoshiro isn't here, our strength is even lower than before and many of us don't have much chakra left. The monster does have plenty of injuries from time to time he eats a corpse and heals the deeper wounds. Now there are most of the only superficial wounds."

The old man nodded and said "Yes, although Yami and Kakashi have been destroying the corpses whenever they make a move, the number of corpses here is too much. It already looks like a graveyard full of dug-up corpses. We need to end this fast and try to use our strongest jutsu now."

Asami stepped closer to the old man and said "But if we do that then we won't have any other way to attack the monster and Ji if even one of them survives. The 5th Hokage said in the letter that only Nature chakra can be used to easily deal with someone like Priest Ji but if we use all our strength on the monster then what about ji? We won't have enough strength to contest with him."

The old man nodded and said "I understand what you are saying Asami but if we hold back now then now only will we die but the civilians who are relied on us to keep them safe and our army who are now protecting the hidden leaf from all sides against an army twice or even thrice their size. We can't let their sacrifice go to waste now."

Riko go and tell Kakashi and Yami the plan and have Yami leave the area while we are holding the monster. He is just a kid and has his entire life ahead of him. He shouldn't die here in fact tell him to leave the hidden mist with the genin teams. We can't fight in groups anymore if we want to surround the monster completely. Remember don't falter in your steps or else the monster will sprint toward the nearest civilian village. Even though eating them won't give him any healing or strength, he will do it just for fun."

Asuma nodded and said "I agree with you but I don't think it will be this easy to tell him to leave. It might tempt him more to stay here and even guard a front alone."

Riko nodded and bolted toward Kakashi and Yami. He ran in a zigzag pattern just to be sure that he won't become an easy target for the monster or Ji.

"Kakashi, Yami the old man wants us to use our most powerful jutsu and Yami you should leave the area now. You are still a kid and have your entire life to live. Go with the genin squads of Kurenai and Asuma." Riko said as he put his hand on Yami's shoulder.

Yami swatted Riko's hand away and said "I am a leaf Jonin and so you cannot order me nor can the other leaf jonins. I have never lost a fight and I don't intend to lose one today either...hmph"

Riko wanted to convince Yami but Kakashi shook his head indicating that no matter what Riko says, it would be in vain.

Asami looked at Asuma and said "Wow, you nailed it on this one Asuma. How did you know that Yami would reply like this?"

Asuma chuckled and said "No matter how strong or smart he is, he is still a kid. And when you tell him to not do something, then it's the first thing he will do."

Within seconds, everyone spread out according to the old man's plan. Ji and the monster could interfere if they wanted to but after Yoshiro being out of the equation, Ji had gotten fairly confident that the chances of him winning this battle were more than 99%.

"Make the last effort as much as you want but I promise you that you won't be leaving this battleground and will end up in this monster's stomach." Ji said as he looked at them spread all around him. Jiro also jumped on top of the monster as he knew that even if one of the spells hit him then he won't survive.