Worried Temari

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

But if we ignore the kid's interference this time then he might become a problem again." Konan protested. She didn't want a single kid to mess with Pain's plans and ruin the whole thing.

Obito looked at her but this time his eyes weren't normal...it was the Mangekyo Sharingan. Konan subconsciously took half a step back as she saw the terrifying eyes.

"Fine...we'll let it go for now. But what step do we have to take next?" Konan asked but this time instead of Obito, it was Pain who answered "Get a detailed report from Sasori and the others about what actually happened there. Till that time, have Kisame go to our hideout near the hidden sand. I am sure that now that the hidden sand feels like they have won, they will launch a retaliatory attack. Kisame can manage that. We will also need to assign a new partner to Kakuzu."

"No need to look further. I will become his partner as a rookie in the organization. I need to make sure that nothing like this stops us ever again." Obito said. Pain and Konan could do nothing but nod at Obito's statement.

_________________________________

Hidden sand (Next day morning)

A group of people were running toward the hidden sand. They were Team Guy and Kurenai along with Temari. As they reached a certain distance away from the village, they saw a big devastated area. Seeing the destruction Temari said in a worried tone "Seems like we reached late as we expected. Seeing the scene here I can say that it was not a small battle."

Kakashi nodded and said "Yes I agree Temari. We must go to the hidden sand fast now. We don't know what the situation is there in the village."

Neji stepped forward and touched the scorched and melted sand that was below his feet. He looked back at the two teams and said "It is obvious that it was caused by a fire style jutsu but seeing the effect it has had on the sand, I can say I have never seen a fire this strong."

"It's no use making theories by just standing here. Let's go to the village first and find out from them what happened." Sasuke said. Sakura nodded and patted Temari's shoulder "You need to be strong now Temari...no matter what happens we are with you."

Naruto didn't want to hear all this...he was already at his tipping point so he just started running toward the Hidden sand village. "NARUTOO" Karin shouted but he didn't listen and continued running. Seeing no other way, Kakashi and the others also continued on their journey toward the village.

At the gate of the hidden sand, the sand shinobis were guarding the entrance of the village since last night. The security had been tightened like never before.

"Someone's coming...be alert" One of the guard supervisors shouted pointing toward a group of people heading their way. The guards in the vicinity immediately pulled out their weapons to attack at a moment's notice. Due to the big bright sun in the sky, it was getting harder to figure out who these people were but eventually one of the guards saw Temari among the group.

He lowered his weapon and looked at the other people in the group. Very soon he realized that it wasn't another enemy but their allies.

"It's lady Temari with shinobis from the hidden leaf. Inform Elder Baki and the others." the guard shouted and two shinobis behind him nodded and ran inside the village.

The other shinobis at the gate also relaxed knowing that it wasn't a hostile party. Within the next few seconds, Temari and the others reached closer to the gate. They saw the heavy security and all the eyes were on them. This got Temari more worried as to what had happened last night. She saw the gate open and Baki walk out with 2 sand shinobis on either side.

"Isn't that the guy who was your guardian during the chunin exams?" Karin asked to which Temari nodded and said "Yes...he is Baki..one of our most trusted people and an elder now."

"Lady Temari...you came at last. I am glad to see you are safe." Baki said and then looked at the group that was along with Temari.

"I am glad as well Elder Baki. We saw the destruction that was caused that way. It looked really bad." Temari said as she pointed in the direction where they saw traces of the battle happening.

Baki nodded and said "Come in all of you. I will explain everything to you on the way to the hospital."

Temari's heart skipped a beat as she heard hospital and she could see that Baki looked tensed as well. "Hospital? What happened? Is Gaara alright?"

Baki nodded and said "Yes Lord Kazekage is alright and well but your elder brother Kankuro is one of the people that have been poisoned."

Baki then turned back and started walking inside the village. The streets seem vacated and the people were looking at Temari and the leaf shinobis from their windows. They all looked a little scared after all that happened last night. Even though the battle happened a kilometer away from the village, the sound and the tremors caused by the jutsus used had taken root in their hearts.

Kakashi walked side by side with Baki and asked "So poison? we weren't aware of any Akatsuki members using poison. I mean none of them using it as a main weapon."

"I am embarrassed to say but the one who used it was Sasori of the red sand." Baki said. The squad members of Team Kakashi and guy didn't understand why Baki said that but then Temari asked "You mean Elder Chiyo's grandson? I knew that he left the village years ago but being a part of the Akatsuki and using poison on his own villagers is unforgivable."

"Yes...4 Akatsuki members attacked last night and Sasori was one of them." Baki said.

"4? That many? And seeing that Gaara is safe, the village must have put up quite a fight. How many casualties were there?" Temari asked. She knew that every member of the Akatsuki is an S-ranked criminal and has the strength closer to that of a Kage.

Baki suddenly stopped and glanced at the leaf shinobis and his eyes stopped at Kakashi and Guy "Luckily except for a couple of shinobis being poisoned, there were no casualties. Yami Uchiha went toe to toe with 3 of them without breaking a sweat. One of them is in our custody now and the rest had to flee with injuries."

"What? 3 of them? alone?" Naruto said in a surprised tone.

"I guess whatever he was training for paid off." Neji said as he glanced at Sasuke with a side eye expecting Sasuke to get a little competitive but instead he saw a small smile appear on the boy's face.

"Hehe...he is my student after all...He can take down anyone he wants." Guy said proudly.

Kakashi just gave a smile and said "That is good...I expect nothing less from him. Let's go and meet him at the hospital. I assume he is in the village."

"Uh...He is but in disguise. But once the news of your arrival spreads, I am sure that he will meet us at the hospital. Let's go...Lord Kazekage can sigh in relief once he sees you Lady Temari is safe." Baki said and the group headed inside the hospital.

As they reached the 1st floor of the hospital, they saw Gaara speaking to a few elders. As he saw Temari walk onto the floor, the stress on his face visibly lessened and he started walking toward the group.

All the leaf shinobis were a little shocked to see Gaara like this. He was very different from the Gaara they met during the Chunin exams.

"Temari thank god you are fine. I was so worried that the Akatsuki might target you on the way." Gaara said.

"I am alright but I heard that Kankuro has been poisoned." Temari said.

A wave of sadness blew over Gaara's face as he said "Yes and the poison is extremely painful and fatal. It is not something anyone has ever seen. Even Lady Chiyo tried last night and she couldn't do a thing."

The entire atmosphere became gloomy as Gaara said that. Temari was trying her hardest to hold back her tears. Sakura broke the silence and said "Can I look at Kankuro and the other poisoned shinobis? I am a disciple of Lady Tsunade and have quite an amount of knowledge about poisons."

"This is not something a small girl can do when even I can't figure out the poison properly." Lady Chiyo said as she left the room full of hospital beds.

Sakura didn't say anything but looked at Temari and Gaara as if begging them to inspect the patients.