The Narrative

I do not own this book all rights go to its original author lazarus898

For Earlier access head to patreon.com/lazarus898

Kurenai looked at the two men beside her and shook her head as she said "I can't believe that you guys aren't worried about Yami as I am. We can't just leave him to his summoning animal and it is not like the animal is a toad or slime like the sanins who we trust. I don't remember anyone in the shinobi world having a bat as a summon."

Asuma held her hand and made her sit in front of her and said "Kurenai we are worried for Yami and I do agree that except Yami no one else has a bat as a summoning animal but at this point in time there was no option that Kakashi had. Lady Tsunade will also try to find out on her end."

Asuma convinced her for a few more minutes until both the genin teams came. Ino and the others asked many questions about the monster and Yami but the leaf jonins successfully deflected all the questions.

For the next two days, the entire hidden mist was extremely chaotic as things slowly started to settle down. Kakashi and the others weren't informed anything officially but they heard the civilians talking about a lot of things like the one who proclaimed himself to be the Mizukage, Moji was killed by one of the people he himself had brought to the village. The ones from the Mizukage faction who tried to go against the bloodline clan leaders were either killed or imprisioned at the moment.

Surprisingly, there was not much talk about Jiro and the stone shinobis that had taken part in the war. The bloodline clans had announced that the official summary of what all conspired for the past few days would be announced before the weekend.

Kakashi already had Hideki and the other spies leave the hidden mist. A letter explaining everything was already en route to Lady Tsunade. Since there was no one blocking the ocean between the hidden mist and the Land of fire, Kakashi knew that the letter would've reached Tsunade by now.

2 Days after the war finished, Santo and Chojuro came to invite them for dinner meeting the same night. Only the 3 jonins were invited to the meeting. Asuma understood that this must mean that the clan leaders want to decide on the story that they are going to tell the hidden mist.

______________________________

Terumi Mansion (8pm)

All the clan leaders were sitting at the round table along with the 3 leaf Jonins. The mood wasn't gloomy but it wasn't too celebratory as well. Outside the mansion, the civilians were celebrating the end of the rule of the Mizukage faction.

Mei, Santo, Kana, and the others were all standing to the side. It had been almost a minute but none of the bloodline clan leaders said anything and were just looking at each other. Yoshiro was also one of them. He had bandages on his forehead and shoulder. Other clan leaders also had some injuries but nothing too serious.

Seeing the awkward silence, Kakashi decided to break the ice "You guys look somewhat stressed...Don't tell me we have to fight another war."

Riko who was drinking wine almost choked on it "Cough, cough"

"We apologize for calling this meeting abruptly. You all have already done so much for our village and its people." Yoshiro said.

Asuma nodded and said "We know that we can't let everything that happened here to get out. We understand if you must change a little of the narrative."

A sigh of relief escaped everyone's mouth as they heard that. The tension in the atmosphere suddenly lowered quite a bit when Asuma said that.

"So what are you all planning to tell everyone?" Kakashi asked looking at the clan leaders.