[24]ANOTHER ARRANGED MARRIAGE - APRIL 10 2023

Jungkook is a hard working guy, a bit of a loner keeping to himself but when one day news of a thief broke out in their small busan town, Jungkook was the one who organized and carried out the mid night watch to catch the guy successfully. Jungkook also helped in initiating a safety protocol and rescue mission for the victims of the landslide that occurred just outside their town. Jimin's dad seeing this initiative and liking Jungkook's presence of mind to react calmly in a tense situation, sends forth a marriage proposal to the Jeon family after consulting Jimin, which Jungkook's dad accepts - one because Mr Jeon liked Jimin - Jimin was a doctor and was involved in volunteer works in their church and second because Jungkook was left heartbroken after his college sweetheart died in a car accident and Jungkook was in Seoul at the time and blamed himself for not being there for her. Jungkook got to know about her passing after her funeral, no one informed him about her death.

**

Jungkook agrees to marry Jimin only because his dad begged him to. Jungkook couldn't stand Mr Jeon's sadness.

On the night of their wedding, Jungkook tells Jimin about his past and asks Jimin not to expect anything from this marriage and if after one year they can't seem to make it work, they would divorce.

Jimin agrees as he has no choice. He was determined to make their marriage work.

**

They continue their relationship as friends. They eat together, sleep together, spend time together. They both do equal amounts of housework. In the course of their 3 months together, Jungkook develops feelings for Jimin, feelings he has never felt before towards another human, not even his first love A/N. And so what does a logical man who has fallen for his husband do? He avoids his husband.

Jungkook was afraid. Afraid to fall for someone only to get hurt at the end. Afraid to give Jimin a place in his heart which was meant for A/N. Afraid that he would end up hurting Jimin, just like he did A/N. He never wanted to fall in love. He never wanted this. He preferred being a loner. But Jimin changed him.

**

Jimin was indeed hurt. Jungkook, even though he told Jimin not to expect anything, was good to him, treated him with respect, cared for him. Jimin thought he had a chance, he thought Jungkook liked him back but now Jungkook was avoiding him and being cold to him. It hurt.

Jimin confronts him but gets nothing but ignorance.

"I love you JK! Why can't you understand that!? I am not asking you to replace A/N... I'm asking you to give me a small place in your heart.... can't you do that?"

"I told you not to fall for me!" Jungkook screams out closing his eyes in frustration

"If you didn't want me to fall for you then you shouldn't have been so sweet to me" Jimin's voice is low

"Then did you expect me to be rude and cold to you and hurt you or abuse you?!" Jungkook's voice is laced in anger

"No! But you could have not taken me out on fancy dinners, not surprised me with things I told you I liked as a child..."

"So I am at fault then!?"

A tear drops down Jimin's cheek "No... you are not..." a sob escapes "...but I... I just wished my heart understood..." Jimin leaves and something in Jungkook breaks as well

Jimin lets the man know that they would act like strangers till their contract ends and then part ways

**

The next day, Jimin, keeping up to that word, broke Jungkook's whole self. He realized how much he has come to love the cute boy.

He tried to talk with the boy a couple of times but Jimin avoided him. Jungkook got depressed