[81] LIE - SEP 12 2023

Jimin keeps an overall quiet personality in college. He is one of the top students and is ready to help anyone in studies if they approached him first but he never talked to them beyond academics and refused any kind of hangouts and that led to him being kind of like a loner. The thing was Jimin never received any love at home, his parents though not physically abusive were not loving or caring of their only child and that led the boy to feel unloved and insecure and even depressed sometimes. In his school days he had made friends and when he did share about his problems, they left him because they didn't want to deal with his sadness. This was why he preferred being alone and not being a burden to others. Noone understood him. Noone would because they didn't experience things he did, physical abuse was not the only form of abuse. In fact mental or emotional abuse was even worse. But sadly the world wouldn't understand that.

**

Jungkook was Jimin's batchmate and he found the boy cute and attractive. Jungkook likes Jimin's overall self - his smartness, kindness and smile that he got to see only because he was constantly watching the boy at every opportunity he got. There was a sadness that Jimin carried around him and Jungkook was determined to find that.

It wasn't hard for the man to soon figure out that Jimin was unloved at home. How did he find out? Jimin had left his bag on the table and gone to the washroom. At that moment, Jungkook had peaked over into the boy's bag. Noone bothered what he was doing and so he got away with the act. In one of the books he happened to glance through, Jimin had scribbled into the corner - I wish mom and dad loved me. I wish someone would just love me for being me. I wish someone understood me. Will my wishes ever come true?

**

Jungkook starts following Jimin and figures out that Jimin would hang out at the park, listening to music before heading home.

Jungkook joins Jimin on the bench one day and removes Jimin's headphones, surprising the boy

"Hi... I'm Jungkook... your batchmate... sorry for taking your headphones out... Can I join you?" Jungkook asks sweetly and Jimin just nods his head

"You are listening to moonchild by RM?..." Jungkook says looking at the playlist visible on Jimin's phone which was placed on his lap "...he is one of my favorite idols...you know its his birthday today"

Jimin looks at Jungkook for a second and then nods "Yea.. I know...."

"He is one of the few idols who genuinely care about the mental health of their fans... honestly he is why I learned to love myself and make friends..." Jungkook says making Jimin look at him "...my parents..." Jungkook sighs "...they don't care about me... it's like I don't even exist for them... but RM,his songs... they gave me a reason to find the love I deserve..."

Jimin's eyes glisten with both sadness and understanding "...your parents.. they hurt you?"

"You will not understand... Noone will understand if I say this... because I myself don't know how to express what my parents make me feel..." Jungkook sighs "...they are my parents... they care for me... at the same time they don't..." Jungkook sighs again "...I don't know...I just... you won't understand..."

Jimin stares at the man who is hunched over, his hands joined together in between his spread out legs

"I do..." Jimin says making Jungkook look at him "...I... I might be going through a similar situation"

And that's how they became friends

**

Jimin was happy being Jungkook's friend. The man showered him with so much love and care that Jimin found himself smiling unknowingly.