[42] RICH GUY POOR BOY - JUNE 23 2023

Jungkook is the son of Jeon Jihyun, the well known CEO of Jeon industries. His elder brother Namjoon was currently assisting his dad in the family business. Jungkook didn't have much interest, though he did tag along with his brother at times, just to pacify his dad. Jungkook was more into games and had a vision in mind to start a gaming company but his dad didn't see a future in that and often discouraged it.

Jungkook never received love from his family - his mom and dad were busy in their careers, and he has always been self dependent and capable so his family never worried about him. Namjoon cared for his brother even when he was busy at the office but lately he had met someone - Seokjin and the two had hit it off and ever since then, Namjoon didn't have much time to spare for his brother. It's not like Jungkook minded but he did wish he had someone too.

**

Jungkook first met Jimin when the boy introduced himself in his class. The boy had just moved to Seoul and had gotten into this prestigious college through a scholarship. Jungkook found the boy cute but didn't care too much. Jimin was just like any other classmate to him.

It was actually when their professor asked the two to pair up for a project that the two got to finally interact

"Alright... so now that we have decided what to do... let's decide where to meet up? Your place or mine?" Jungkook says already taking up his backpack and standing up

"Hmm.. is it okay if we meet at BangTan Cafe... they have a quiet room for college students with free wifi and unlimited soft drinks for one hour for just 5 dollars... we just have to show them our college ID..."

Jungkook looks at the boy, frowning "I have all that and more back at my home.. why don't we just hang there if you don't like me being at your place.."

"I am just not comfortable..."

Jungkook sighs "Fine..."

**

The project discussion went on for 2 weeks but their friendship continued after that as well. Jungkook found that Jimin shared interests similar to him and they formed a beautiful friendship soon - one where Jimin treated the man like an equal, unlike other people around him who approached him for their own benefits. Jimin would often bring Jungkook traditional home cooked meals, interesting recipes he just tried out - it was Jimin's dream to start his own baking shop. Jungkook felt comfortable with the boy, he felt at home, he felt happy.

Jimin never went to Jungkook's home because he would often say he didn't deserve to be at a rich guy's home and that if he saw such a house, he might not look at Jungkook the same anymore. Jimin never invited Jungkook to his place either but he wouldn't give a reason why.

**

One day, Jungkook was hanging out with Jimin as usual- they hung out everywhere - park, beach, library, shopping mall. Jungkook was upset that his dad had scolded him once again because he wasn't showing any interest in the office matters. Jungkook didn't have the time, he just wanted to spend all his time with Jimin. Mr Jeon didn't appreciate that and asked Jungkook to stop hanging out with Jimin

Jimin understood the man and encouraged Jungkook to talk to his dad about everything. He didn't like that a father son relationship would be in ruin based on some misunderstandings. Jimin gave his full support to his gaming ideas and told to make a PowerPoint presentation and explain it to Mr Jeon

"What would I do without you?" Jungkook sighs as he looks at the boy. He was so overwhelmed that Jimin really understood his side

"Hmmm... I guess gaming or sleeping? ..." Jimin giggles seeing Jungkook's stunned face