[71] THE BREAK - AUG 12 2023

A/N: please stream and support our Tae Tae

Jungkook and Jimin are in an arranged marriage. Jimin didn't want to marry but he agreed to the marriage because his friend's brother was interested in him and even when Jimin clearly told the guy that he didn't see him that way, the guy hoped Jimin would love him back because the boy was single. Once Jimin told him he was going to marry, the guy respectfully backed away.

Jungkook also didn't want to marry. He had lost everyone he has ever loved in his life - his mom, his brother and best friend, one after the other, due to a disease or accident or suicide. He couldn't save them and he had been depressed half his life. He only had his dad and for his dad's happiness, Jungkook marries Jimin. Jungkook's dad was worried about Jungkook's future.

Jungkook doesn't want to be close to Jimin in fear of losing the boy. He didn't want to fall for the cute boy who did everything to be the perfect husband for him. Jungkook avoided him as much as he could. It's not that the man didn't care, Jungkook took care of Jimin's needs as best as he could. He paid attention to anything Jimin might have said in passing and bought or did it subtly. Jungkook just didn't want to be a husband figure to Jimin.

Jimin always hoped he could break Jungkook's cold exterior and his hopes increased whenever Jungkook would do things for him unexpectedly but that never led to anything to progress in their relationship which put a toll on Jimin's emotional state. Jimin was always left hurt whenever the man would leave for work early and come back late and wouldn't eat what Jimin cooked at times. Jimin didn't feel loved, he felt unwanted.

Jimin still hoped that Jungkook would change because the man was unpredictable- Jungkook would at times do things that made Jimin feel like he was the man's queen and then the man would avoid him like he never existed making Jimin feel insecure in their relationship

**

Jimin loses all hope when he hears Jungkook talk to Taehyung one day in the office. Jimin had left work early that day and thought to surprise Jungkook

"I can't do this anymore hyung....this relationship... I feel suffocated..." Jungkook's defeated voice makes Jimin's heart ache

"So are you saying you are done with this marriage? Are you crazy?!" Taehyung is angry. He really liked the cute boy for Jungkook

"What should I do? I am only hurting him and myself... it really hurts hyung... it hurts so bad..." Jungkook sobbed "...why did I marry him? I was better on my own ...."

Jimin couldn't bear to hear anymore and leaves. He didn't know his existence was hurting the man

"What are you going to do now? Leave Jimin?"

"No..." Jungkook sobbed harder "...I should let him go but I can't... neither can I get close to him because I am so scared that I will hurt him or lose him... what's wrong with me? Either way I am hurting him so I should just let him stay right?.... Should try to be what I want to be with him right ..."

"I think you should talk to him and tell him what's bothering you.. let him decide if he has to stay or not ..."

"I don't want him to leave me hyung!" Jungkook sobs "...I don't want him to have that option!"

"You are being selfish Kook...you are not giving him the rights of being your husband.."

"I know... I want to give him every right... just as much as he has given me..." Jungkook smiles sadly "I love him"

**

Jimin keeps his distance with Jungkook for two days and Jungkook is upset. Jungkook had just decided to clear any misunderstanding between them and that's the day Jimin started avoiding him and the man felt bad