[110] BETA TO OMEGA - FEB 2 2024

A/N: general rules of A/B/O dynamics may not apply here

Everyone is born a beta. Depending on their dominance level and inheritance pattern - one can present to their original form earlier or later. Usually people present around their 16 to 18th birthday.

**

Jungkook presented early when he was around 10 years of age because he was a dominant alpha male and both his parents were alphas too, his dad being a dominant alpha. That meant he was stronger than most alphas and had a lot of things that easily triggered him, for example - being very sensitive to pheromones, especially omega pheromones which disgusted him and made him gag all the time. Jungkook avoided omegas as best as he could. He had a hard time when he first presented. Being only 10 at the time he was overwhelmed by the sudden sensations and smells around him, he didn't know how to control his own pheromones. All the older omegas around him were attracted to him because of it and they pursued him, begging him to fck them during their heat cycle and he hated that. The only thing that made him sane was his childhood best friend Jimin who was still a beta at this point. Jimin had no scent and it calmed the alpha down. Jimin hugged the alpha whenever the man felt overwhelmed and that was the only thing that helped the alpha from being depressed.

It wasn't fun at all, according to Jungkook, to be a dominant alpha like he had read in books - omegas wanting him - that thought made him sick. Jungkook was glad Jimin wasn't an omega and he never failed to let Jimin know that every day

"Thank God you are not an omega" Jungkook says hugging Jimin and the beta smiled

"Let's enrol for the buddy system..." the alpha says to Jimin

It was time for them to join - all alphas and if need be, betas can choose to join the military service.

They were both about to graduate in a few months and thought to do it before joining college

**

Jungkook gets the letter of enrollment again at the base, he thinks maybe that's how it was supposed to be but then frowns when it says he wasn't eligible for the buddy system anymore because his partner withdrew.

He calls Jimin

"You withdrew from enrolment? Are you okay? Why didn't you tell me..."

"I don't want to join anymore.." Jimin cuts the call

I'm sorry Jungkook ah

Jimin let's his tears fall as he covers his mouth with his tiny hands, his body aching along with his heart knowing he hurt his best friend. He hunches over in pain as he watched the slick gush out all over him

Yup - Jimin presented as an omega

Jimin got to know it two days ago and his family informed the military center that Jimin would be unable to join the system

Jungkook was already training at the military base since he was a dominant alpha, he has to serve more before he could enter the buddy system and Jimin was supposed to join the alpha two weeks later when Jimin suddenly canceled.

Jungkook couldn't call again till a month later - he was only allowed one call a month and he was never given leave because of his dominant status.

The following months he contacted his family to know about Jimin but all they knew was Jimin moved to Daegu to his grandmother's house.

**

The first thing Jungkook does after his return after 2 years is search for Jimin but he has no idea where in Daegu Jimin is or if Jimin is even there now.