[78]NEPHRECTOMY - AUG 31 2023

Jungkook and Jimin are in an arranged marriage. They settled in the states. They slowly fell in love and everything went well in their 5 years of marriage, that was until Jungkook got into a terrible accident and both his kidneys were damaged beyond repair.

Jimin's heart broke the second he heard the news. He was actually waiting in anticipation to see Jungkook after nearly 3 days of being away - the man had gone for a meeting in Japan. Jimin had just found out last evening that he was expecting. After 5 years of marriage and nearly 3 years of trying, he was finally pregnant.

**

"I'm sorry but you will have to terminate the pregnancy..." the doctor says sadly "...there is no way that you can save the baby when you are undergoing a kidney transplant surgery"

Yes - Jimin got tested and found he was a match with Jungkook. Jungkook was currently comatose and Jungkook's parents were in Korea. His dad wasn't in a position to travel because of his weak heart and his mom couldn't travel as she had to take care of Mr Jeon. Jimin didn't have a family.

Jimin's neighbor was Jungkook's mother's best friend and that's how Mrs Jeon liked Jimin for Jungkook.

Jimin had informed them about Jungkook's accident but didn't tell them about the abortion he was going to have nor the fact that he was the donor till he had successfully given the man his kidney.

**

Jimin had no one but a few friends to help him with his recovery. Jungkook is still comatose but he is progressively getting better.

Jimin gets to know that his chances of getting pregnant now are slim because his gonads were injured slightly during the nephrectomy. He didn't care for now. It hurt, it hurt a lot and he felt guilty for aborting his unborn child but he had to save Jungkook

**

Jungkook gets out of the coma in 1 month and he got to know about Jimin being the donor after a week of his recovery when the doctor praised Jungkook for having a selfless husband. Jungkook was shocked and felt hurt that Jimin had to sacrifice his kidney for him

"At Least I have a part of you in me..." Jungkook jokes making Jimin smile

**

Jungkook and Jimin then plan to settle in Korea near their parents. Jungkook doesn't want Jimin to go through loneliness ever again if the worst were to happen.

**

It's been a year since the surgery and now Jungkook's mother couldn't stop hinting at having a grandchild.

"Mom... I think you should stop wishing for one..." Jungkook says "...we might never be able to conceive..."

Jungkook's mom stood shocked as Jungkook finally tells his mom about how Jimin's surgery had led him to be possibly never conceive

Mrs Jeon was pissed as she stared at the boy who held his head low, as if in shame.

"It's an excuse isn't it?" She says making both of them look at her in confusion "...I have never heard of such a thing! You could never get pregnant, isn't that right? These 5 years and you never conceived and now you are using this chance of this surgery to make yourself a Saint and hide your flaws isn't it?!"

"Mom!" Jungkook was shocked at his mom's behavior

Jimin sobbed and ran to Jungkook's old room.

The two had come to visit Jungkook's mom.

"What is wrong with you?! How could you say such things to him?! He selflessly sacrificed his kidney for me! I could have died mom! And he did everything to save me. And that too in a foreign country with no family. He did it all alone. Did he even bother you guys even once to come and help him? No! He did everything. He was in pain after his own surgery and still he made sure I was getting better. How dare you!?" Jungkook was shedding angry tears as he stared at his mom "...my Jiminah... what did he ever do to you!?"