[56]IGNORING MY CRUSH AFTER HE STARTS DATING MY BEST FRIEND - JULY 16 2023

Jimin and Jungkook are in the same neighborhood. It was a pretty close knit community so it was normal to have crossed paths. They knew of each other even before they joined the same university. They never interacted though.

**

Jungkook was one of the heartthrobs at their university- many sort after him. And so he kept a cold front to protect himself and kept a distance from others. It helped that his best friend Yoongi was equally cold.

Jimin knew his cold personality was just a facade. He has seen on many occasions how Jungkook would jump in to help an elderly person or kids in their neighborhood. Whatever Jungkook showed at the university was just an act - Jimin was sure of it.

**

Being neighbours and in the same university, they did cross paths and acknowledged each other at times. That made Jimin feel special because he was one of the few people besides his friends that Jungkook would talk to.

Needless to say, the boy fell for Jungkook

**

Jungkook fell for Jimin when he saw the tiny boy ballet dancing in the dance room of their university. The man had actually gone to the area to meet up with Yoongi, who occasionally played piano in the music room - right next to the dance studio room. Jimin looked so effortlessly beautiful and just like an innocent pure angel that Jungkook couldn't take his eyes off the boy. He wanted to know more and even though it was a bit hard for him to come out of his shell, he started smiling at Jimin whenever their eyes met across the room or greet him a hello when they crossed paths.

**

Jimin kept his crush to himself, he didn't even say it to Taehyung, his best friend. He knew Taehyung would do anything to get them together. Taehyung was sweet like that. He didn't want to force Jungkook to like him. He didn't want Jungkook like that. Jimin was just content watching Jungkook being happy and healthy. Maybe it was also because he knew Jungkook was single but what is gonna happen when the man starts dating? And with none other than his best friend Taehyung.

**

Jimin was heart broken - he wanted to hate both Jungkook and Taehyung but can he really? Both of them didn't know that Jimin fancied Jungkook. It was not like they were trying to hurt him on purpose. He couldn't watch the two be close and so Jimin starts avoiding Taehyung as much as he could. He also stopped acknowledging Jungkook

**

Taehyung never told Jimin that he had a crush on Jungkook's best friend Yoongi. He felt Jimin would discourage him as the boy was really protective of him. Yoongi was known as the boyboy of their university, his cold glares would make anyone panic and Taehyung knew Jimin wouldn't want him to get hurt.

Yoongi on the other hand never tells Jungkook that he liked Taehyung due to his cold nature, he couldn't express himself. He just resorted to watching the boy across the room. Jungkook had noticed it too - at first he thought his hyung liked Jimin and he got jealous but then Jungkook started observing his hyung and understood it was Taehyung, the man had his eyes on.

**

Jungkook finally decides to help his hyung and approaches Taehyung to find out if he liked anyone. He took it as an opportunity to see if Jimin liked anyone as well. And that's how the two make a plan to act like they are dating to get Yoongi to confess

**

Jungkook finds it weird that Jimin was avoiding him these days. Earlier, Jimin would always be around to watch his basketball games or jump in to help him with flashcards for easier revising. Literally any excuse to be in Jungkook's vicinity.