[36] DREAM - JUNE 4 2023

Jimin and Jungkook are band mates in a group named BTS. They were pretty close to each other - might be because they were from Busan or they just ended up spending a lot of time doing things together.

They were hanging out as usual in Jimin's room, Hoseok was out in the studio making music for his upcoming solo album. They talked about various things till Jimin wondered out loud about love and a future family. Jungkook scoffs

Jimin turns sideways to look at the man, they were both laying on his bed

"Why? ....don't you dream about your future? What would your family be like?" Jimin smiles "...wouldn't it be wonderful to come home to a family who loves you and missed you so much?.... I can't wait to find someone who loves me and who I can love back...."

Jungkook stays silent and Jimin sighs

"Okay.... Sleep now. I'm sorry if I made your mood off..." Jimin says switching off the switch next to his bed, making the room engulfed in darkness except for the evening lights from outside the window.

Jungkook turns to the side a bit to see Jimin's features, the elder boy had his eyes closed. Jungkook studied him. Jungkook never really thought of finding a family because he always felt his family was Jimin - his home, his love, his partner. Now that Jimin was wanting to find love, it made him uncomfortable - what if he loses Jimin for good now? He didn't confess yet because he was afraid of the same.

Jungkook sighs as he stares at the ceiling. He has to confess - beg the boy for a chance. He didn't want to regret it.

"Jimin...." Jungkook says waiting for a response but gets none in return. But he knew Jimin wasn't asleep. "Jimin, I have to tell you something....."

"Huh.... What?" Jimin was nearly dozing off a second ago

"I do think about love..."

"That's nice... I am sure you will find someone you love soon..." Jimin says softly

"Love isn't something that happens overnight!" Jungkook says his voice a bit high - he didn't know how to confess

"I k-know... I didn't mean you will find someone like... right now..." Jimin giggles

"But I want it all Jimin..... like right now... I waited too long ..." Jungkook sighs

Jimin looks at the man in front of him to his side

"What do you mean?"

Jungkook takes a few deep breaths, trying to figure out how to say it. "I want ...... I want to marry the one I love ... with two kids and a house with a garden..." He glances over at Jimin finally, a small smile on his face, and sees Jimin staring at him. "....I want to hug my love and pepper sweet kisses on the neck as soon as we both wake up... I want us to shower together everyday ... I want to make out in the garden where we watch our kids play... I want our kids to see how madly their parents are in love with each other..."

Jimin opens and closes his mouth a few times not knowing how to respond "It will happen... once you find the one for you..."

Jungkook shakes his head and turns back to the ceiling. "It's not that easy. I don't know if the one I love would love me back ... if they would want to marry me....and want to adopt kids with me..."

"Jungkook, stop worrying about all that... when it's time you will find the one destined for you..." He looks back over and they lock eyes. "It might not be easy .... but it's going to happen."

Jungkook smiles in appreciation but doesn't say anything, rearranging and smoothing his blanket. After they're both silent a while he looks over and Jimin is still watching him, waiting for him to say something. "What?"

"Earlier... what did you mean by adopting kids?"

"Yes... what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing... I just... it just felt odd that you didn't mention your biological kids first and just jumped to adopting... that's all... you should ask your partner first if she is willing for your kids... if not go for adoption...."

"I can't have biological kids since the person I love can't have them..."

"Y-You love someone already? Who is she?"

"It's a he"

Jimin's heart skips a beat as he sits up. He doesn't know how to respond. Jungkook sits up as well

"O-Okay..." Jimin says "....does he love you back? Will he take care of you? Is he funny? Is he..."

"He is the best..." Jungkook flashes a smile at the boy "....I can't imagine my life without him...he takes care of me well... he is there for me whether I need him or not...he is my rock...my life... my home... and I can't lose him or I will surely die..."

"I didn't know you loved him that much..." Jimin gulps at Jungkook's eyes filled with love for the unknown guy

"How can you not have felt my love for you?"

"What?!"

Jungkook sighs as he fidget with his fingers "...I don't even know when this all started but all I know is I love you..." Jungkook turns to the side to see Jimin staring at him with wide eyes. Even in the dark, Jimin looked beautiful to him with the moonlight highlighting his features. "...always imagined you in my dreams... you...me...in a big house... both of us cooking... but it's mostly me being stuck on you and you pouting at me for not getting you to cook... and then it would somehow end up with me lifting you up onto the counter... and sharing a passionate kiss..." Jimin gulps loud "....our kids are crying when you are about to let me have you..." Jungkook chuckles a bit at the thought "...you disciplining our kids and then coming to me for comfort because it is too overwhelming... and me comforting you and taking on the role of the strict dad in the house... no wonder they love you more than me..." Jungkook says with tears in his eyes "...I want that... I want a normal family with you..."

Jimin just stares at the man for a while. Jungkook doesn't know what to think of it but then

"Our kids will love us equally...and I don't think I appreciate the thought of them disturbing our alone time..." and with that Jimin turned his back and slept

Jungkook's eyes widen

"What? What did you say?"

Jimin turns around, his heart skipping a beat seeing Jungkook nearly hovering over him

"I said... our kids..."

"Jimin..." Jungkook cuts him off "...does this mean what I think it means?"

"What do you think it means...?" Jimin giggles

"Please... I can't take jokes like now..." Jungkook's vulnerable voice makes Jimin's giggles fade into a soft smile

Jimin reaches out to take Jungkook's hands into his own

"It means .... I love you too"

And just as soon as those words escaped the boy's mouth, Jungkook claimed his lips as his own

"I love you... I love you so much .." Jungkook says, resting his forehead against the boy's

Jimin reaches out to cup the hands resting on his cheeks "...I love you too"

The end