[76] FAKING AN AMNESIA - AUG 19 2023

Jungkook and Jimin are in the same friend circle. The tiny boy is shy, an introvert to strangers and bubbly and touchy with people he was close to. Hoseok and Taehyung were the lucky ones who got to experience Jimin's touches and clinginess. Jungkook didn't like it one bit. Jungkook has always been cold though, he had a soft corner for his hyungs. Still, it was hard for him to express his true feelings and in the course of the one year of knowing Jimin, he had unknowingly fallen for the tiny boy and now, he finds it hard to come out of his reserved shell.

**

Jungkook was completely in love with the boy and making no progress in their current relationship, he felt desperate to somehow let Jimin know about his feelings. Jungkook had come to know that Jimin's dad had found a prospective partner for the boy and that Jimin might actually consider it.

He was so lost in the thoughts of Jimin that Jungkook doesn't notice the stone on the road as he rode his bike, making his bike skid.

He was hospitalized.

**

Jimin rushes to the hospital when Taehyung informed everyone in their group chat that Jungkook met with an accident.

The paramedic had called Taehyung as he was the first emergency contact on Jungkook's phone. Taehyung was Jungkook's cousin brother.

"Are you okay, Jungkook?" Jimin asks as he sits next to the man who lay on the bed

Jungkook smiles

"I'm okay honey... were you worried about me?"

"H-Honey..?" Jungkook has never called him endearing names.

"Yea...you are my boyfriend right?" Jimin sat shocked "...there is no way I would be just friends with someone as pretty as you..."

**

The doctor lets Jimin and their friends know that Jungkook has suffered a brain concussion and possibly has amnesia. Jungkook only remembered certain things about the friend group and his life. The doctor told Jimin to play along if he was okay with the same, till Jungkook was able to recover from amnesia. According to the doctor, Jungkook should be back to normal in about 2 to 3 months.

Jimin agrees to be Jungkook's fake boyfriend. He didn't want to marry the guy Jimin's dad had brought him. His dad had told him if he liked someone then his dad won't force him.

Their friends didn't disagree. They always knew Jungkook had a soft corner for the boy and if this would make Jimin fall for Jungkook as well, it would be a good thing

Jimin at this point has only seen Jungkook's cold self. The man never opened himself to Jimin. Though it was clear that Jungkook always helped and cared for his friends and family. In short, Jimin wasn't in love with Jungkook like the man was with him.

**

Jungkook after being discharged starting taking Jimin out on dates - shopping, movies, ice skating, long bike trips and the like. Jungkook took this opportunity to show Jimin the side of himself he had hid so far - the love he always wanted to show.

Jimin enjoyed this side of Jungkook very much. The man was fun, caring, loving and attentive. It made Jimin feel special and loved. Jimin loved this feeling. Jungkook would invite himself to Jimin's place and they would end up cooking together. If they were on call and Jimin would casually mention that he was craving some snacks, the next moment Jungkook would appear with the said item, regardless of the time.

Needless to say, Jimin fell for the man. He liked Jungkook being this way with him and he liked taking care of Jungkook as well. Jungkook fell even more deeper in love with the tiny boy.

**

Its been 2 months now and Jimin was deeply in love with the man.

Jimin couldn't help but smile whenever he thought of Jungkook

"What's got you smiling so much?" Taehyung asks the boy and then glances at Jimin's phone which had Jungkook's picture as the wallpaper "...you love him, don't you!?" The man says excited

And just like that Jimin's smile disappears

What the fck am I thinking? I can't like him. He doesn't like me. He doesn't remember anything. Whatever he is doing is because he thinks I am his. I'm making it worse by encouraging him. Fck! He will never love me and will hate me for misleading him.

"Jiminah are you okay? What happened suddenly?" Taehyung asks worried when he sees tears in Jimin's eyes

"He will hate me now right? Will he forgive me... I am such a bad person for doing this to him..." a tear drops down Jimin's eyes

"Jimin..." Taehyung sighs as he hugs the boy, letting the boy sob on his shoulders

**

Jungkook had just walked into the apartment when he hears Jimin sobbing and saying things about forgiveness. Jimin left the door unlocked most of the time if he was awake.

"J-Jimin... what happened?" Jungkook rushes towards the two and Taehyung excuses himself, wanting the two to finally talk about their feelings

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...." Jimin sobs into Jungkook's chest "...I didn't mean to... but I fell for you..." Jungkook's hold on Jimin tightens at that "...you are going to hate me now.... when you remember... that I was never yours..."

Jungkook knew he had to come clean

"I never lost my memories"

Jimin pulls away from the hug to stare at the man

"...I was acting... I heard about your engagement and got into the accident thinking about it... when you rushed into the room with your eyes full of concern for me... I just wished at that time that you were mine so I could just pull you and kiss you to ease your mind... those words just came out of me naturally and then I just let things happen... making you believe that I had amnesia...Dr A/N is my cousin sister and I had told her about you, maybe that's why she told you to act for a while... I didn't think it would go this far... I thought you might just laugh it off and correct me.. but when you came in and accepted that I am your boyfriend as well... I couldn't let this opportunity go..." Jungkook sighs "...I'm sorry for making you worried about us... but I love you too.."

Jimin is shocked as he stood there comprehending whatever Jungkook said and then Jungkook leans in to kiss the boy on the lips passionately

Jimin pushes the man away in anger

"How could you do this!?" Jimin sobs "...do you know how much it hurt to think that I am in a one sided love? That you are going to hate me for deceiving you?!"

Jungkook is shocked at the sudden harsh push but then smiles when he sees Jimin crying. He understood that Jimin did that because he got scared and he didn't mean to hurt him. Jungkook did kiss the boy without consent, doesn't matter if they liked each other or not. They were officially official... yet

Jungkook cups the boy's face and wipes his tears. Jimin was still hurting, now he felt bad for pushing Jungkook away suddenly

"I'm sorry baby... I won't ever deceive you again... but trust me when I say this... I love you... it's always been you..."

Jimin holds the hands cupping his face, his eyes filled with tears

"I love you too..."

Jimin closes his eyes when he feels Jungkook kiss his forehead

"You are officially my boyfriend now" Jungkook says "...I love you"

"Love you too"

The end