[99] BROTHER'S HEART - JAN 5 2024

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid..." Mrs Park cries as she tries to calm her son "...his name is Jungkook... Jeon Jungkook... he has A/N's heart"

**

A/N was Jimin's elder brother. He passed away in a bike accident and Jimin felt guilty,could never forgive himself for the loss of his brother. That rainy night, he fought with his brother who came home later than usual, A/N forgot to buy Jimin's favorite candy that he had promised and the younger boy made a huge fuss about it and A/N left to buy candy for his brother, who he loved so much. That night, A/N would never return and the guilt weighed on Jimin. Jimin was 9 at the time, his brother 19.

Jimin never got over the loss and went under depression. Jimin wanted to meet the person who had his brother's heart - maybe that would give him some closure.

His mom finally gives the recipient's information, hoping Jimin would find some closure.

Jimin is currently 18 year old.

**

Jimin goes to Seoul and joins BangTan University. The same university where his brother's heart is beating right now- inside a one Mr Jeon Jungkook.

**

Jimin's heart picks up pace when he sees the man

Hyung... Jimin's eyes tear up

Jimin wipes his tears, puts up a big smile and runs towards the man and standing in front of him, Jungkook frowns

"Hi sunbae.. I'm Jimin... it's my first day here..." Jimin says extending his hand to shake Jungkook's hand

Jungkook looks at him weirdly "Look kiddo I'm not interested in being your sunbae..."

**

Jungkook disliked people in general. He hated the unnecessary attention. He had a weak heart since childhood, always being sick and being hospitalized that was till he had gotten the heart transplant done 9 years ago. Even then people he knew wouldn't stop babying him and people who came to know about his condition would sympathize with him. Jungkook just hated the attention. He preferred being a loner and that's why he now had a very cold exterior. He felt people are fake. Their sympathies were fake - because in front of him, they would be so overprotective but behind him they called him a weak person.

So in general Jungkook kept to himself and had no friends and he liked it that way, till a tiny human in the name of a Mr Park Jimin came into his life.

Jungkook doesn't know about his donor as the donor's family didn't want the recipient to know

**

Jimin was constantly behind the man which irritated Jungkook, the man liked his peace and quiet and now his personal space being invaded by the tiny boy wasn't appreciated. Jimin would follow the man and find out what he liked and would either make it or buy it for Jungkook. It gave the boy a purpose in life. He felt like his brother's heart was kept alive and Jimin felt thankful to Jungkook for that, it made him happy, finally after all these years.

**

Jimin no matter how harsh Jungkook was towards him, never gave up. Jimin just smiled even if his eyes reflected hurt for the scoldings he received from his senior. Jimin would do anything just to know that his brother's heart was okay.

**

Jungkook slowly started to accept Jimin's presence in his life. He started missing the boy if Jimin happened to be late or absent that day. No one actively pursued him so Jungkook looked forward to the daily encounters he had with the boy. Soon, they develop a sort of a friendship