Ch. 4 - Ajax Phone Home

After lighting up, I pick up to call my parents.

My mom picks up on Space-time. "Ajax, what are you doing calling me during school time. You should be concentrating on your studies."

"I know mom, but I have some big news. There is a new girl at the school." Before I can finish my dad grabs the phone from her.

"Oh really son, you know I met you mom at Nevermore. She being the only gorgon, me being the only lamia. "

"I know dad."

"So, tell us about her. What type of outcast is she?"

"I don't know and it doesn't matter. When I met her, she touched one of my snakes, and they started going crazy." I look at my parents and their eyes bulge open, and their breaths get caught in their throats.

"That's interesting bud, we have to go." Says Dad.

"No, I saw that look, my snakes told me that she is my mate. How could the both of you not tell me that there was a chance of this happening?"

My mom says, "Because a gorgon meeting their soulmate is quite rare Ajax. Your father and I not even soul mates. How do you feel?"

"I don't know. Having someone who I won't have to worry about freezing, especially when my powers come into full maturity. What do you think I should do?"

My dad says, "Whatever you want bud, you can ignore the bond or fulfil it, or won't hurt either of you not to. If you decide to fulfil it, you powers will grow faster, and you will grow closer to each other, and she will begin to absorb the aging attributes of a gorgon. If you decide not to the bond, just mellow, and you both can move on and fall in love with others. It is up to you. "

I can only choke out, "Wow."