Ch. 39 - Above the Clouds

I am floating on cloud nine after my time with Wednesday. I will have to thank Axel, when he comes back from dinner. I pick up my phone and call Alecto.

"Hello."

"Alecto, it is Ajax."

"How are my books? Are they ok? I swear Ajax if they are damaged in anyway, I will hurt you."

"They are perfectly fine. And because of them Wednesday believes me about being mates."

"Wow that is amazing. Now, how are you going to get my books back to me?"

"I will send them back with Axel. I promise."

"Thank you. And congratulations Ajax, we are so happy for you. And we can't wait to meet Wednesday."

"Ok. Bye now, talk to you later." I love my family, but I wish that more of them showed up for family weekend. I feel that sometimes they do not try hard enough to spend time with me. That is another reason, I am trying to make this work with Wednesday. I know that with my mate, I will always someone who will care about me and put me first.

The door opens, and it is Axel. "How was dinner?"

"It was delicious. All everyone talked about was that whole murder investigation."

"Of course they did. I know Wednesday does not like being in the spotlight. At least her dad was free, and proven innocent. Alecto called. He wants me to make sure you bring the books back."

"I will, I am about to back right now. And I did found out some very important information. Wednesday's birthday is next week. So what are you going to do?"

"I do not know. Wednesday does not seem like a cake and banner kind of person. And she wants to keep us under wrap for now, and I am going with what she want. But, I am sure that Enid will come up with something, and I will cosign."

"I love you Ajax, and I know that Wednesday means a lot to you, but don't let her dim your light. I am going to shower, then sleep, but I will see you before I leave in the morning. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."