Ch. 41 - Return to the Beginning

I have to focus on the monster investigation. I still think the monster is Xavier. But, it can't be that easy. I did not believe that Ajax was my mate, and I was proved wrong. I have to regroup, and start my investigation from the beginning. The killer is obviously a human most of the time. And he or she only transforms to kill. First, I need to see how long these murders have been going on. And if there were any trace of these in the past. I might have to break back into the morgue.

I go to the Weathervane, and Tyler tries to get me to go on a date with him, but I rebuff him, telling I do not have time. I show him the drawing of the fence, but he does not know where it is. I am not a paint, and easel, type of an artist, so I go to one who is. Xavier does know where the gate is. He is also interested in me, and I rebuff his advances. Why does it feel like I am in some tween television show, where I am the main character, and I am in the middle of a love square? Am I giving off some warm, inviting energy? That needs to be suffocated.

I go the old Gates' Mansion and Mayor Walker is there. He is talking about how someone has been breaking into the mansion, and leaving the lights on. I get into the back of his car, to hopefully hear more of the conversation. He calls Sheriff Galpin, but he does not answer, and ask to meet at the Weathervane. Walker says that he has figured out who has been doing all of this.

We make it the Weathervane, but someone runs over Mayor Walker, before he makes it inside. I am questioned by both Galpin, then Weems. Then my off-campus privileges revoked. I will not be to go back to The Gates' Mansion, unless I come up with a plan. I could have other people help me, but I do not think they will if they knew what I were up to. Tyler has a car, and all the teachers trust Enid. If I do this, I could get expelled, and the others could get in trouble. And if Ajax finds out that I accepted Tyler's date invitation even if it is for false reasons, he will be heartbroken.