Ch. 20 - Feelings Misunderstood

Ajax's POV

Finally all the information comes out. But I don't know how she is feeling. We arrive at the top of the staircase. "I understand if you don't believe, if is a hard thing to believe. But if and when, you do, I hope you will give me a chance."

We both walk our separate ways.

I swear Weems, will always find an event for the student to go. Why are we just now having a memorial for a man who died like 200 hundred years ago?

All the Nevermore students are gathered in town. I look at which job, I have been forced to do. I got Uriah's Heap. Gross, they sell a lot of taxidermy. And when you have animals as hair, it is not so fun.

I see Enid and Wednesday, discussing, which jobs they got, and Wednesday got Uriah's Heap as well. I don't know if I should be happy or not. We all listen to Weems speech about being respectful, and to show a good side to Nevermore, then I walk inside Uriah's Heap. I hear the door rang behind, and expect Wednesday, but it is Enid.

"Hey Enid, what are you doing here. I thought I heard Wednesday say that she had Uriah's Heap."

"She did, but she switched with me. She seems really excited about Pilgrim World."

"Wednesday excited about something. That is scary."

"Ajax, I know that this would be weird, and very forward, but there is this guy I like, and I have not known him for very long. We also have not really talked a lot, but I really want him to know."

Oh, crap, that is why Enid switched with Wednesday, she has a crush on me.

"That's nice Enid, and I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I don't feel the same way. I like someone else."

"Ew, I was not talking about you, I was talking about your brother, Alecto. We met at the family weekend, last semester. And I did not get his number."

"Sure I will ask him. If I can give you his number, and what do you mean, ew? You know we look identical, right?"

"I know, but he is smart, and dress nice, and his hands are so soft. Hold on, who do you like?"

"We are not close enough to be having this conversation. Let's get to work."